What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fifa 12

Some must buys in career mode

Luc Castaignos, he is only 8 mill and will grow to overall of 85

Any other top tips. Starting with Arsenal is shit, only $30 million to spend. I basically bought Lovren and Munain and that was it.

Alexendre Lacazette is only 4 mill and starts off on 68 overall but will grow to 82, put him on loan until he gets to his potential then promote him or sell him. The game is all about investing in assests and gaining money.

Other great buys

Marcelo Estigarribia LM for 12 mill. Starts off on 76 overall, will grow to 86.

Alex Smithies GK for 3 mill. Starts off on 66, will grow to 82.

"only" lol

play from Npower League 2, much more of a challenge with 300k.

HowHigh

Coach
Buying juniors even if they aren't all that great and then selling them is a good way of making money if you're starting with a poor lower division club.

You'll usually always make a decent profit on them seeing as the signing fee is only 25,000

Signing free agents then selling them next window is cheaper you should bring in youth with the aim of strengthening your squad

"only" lol

play from Npower League 2, much more of a challenge with 300k.

How many scouting networks have you set up? I'm controlling Aachen so I had about €550k transfer and a massive €40k wage budget that was automaticaly 80:20 split, sold my striker for €1.2m signed a 3 star scout and set him up in Germany for 6 months, loaned in Usami now I'm broke as a joke.

It's tough with the lower league teams but it's the most rewarding.

Pre season 2-0 over Stoke and 3-1 over Millwall, 1-1 away to a Russian team, Spartak Nachlik or something. Only one goal scorer lol

How do you find out how high someone will grow? Not that it really matters for me, in career mode I rarely stay at a club for a second season (unless I get no good offers) and almost never stay for 3 seasons.

Started career mode, decided to have a bit of fun with it, went to start a quick match, hit randomise button, whoever it landed on would be my starting club. It went well, I landed on the German national team first up, but the next go I landed on Lokomotiv.

The transfers seem a bit random though, the big clubs seem to just trade players (for instance 4 of the 5 top transfers for the window were Sneijder to City, Kompany to Inter, Kaka to Chelsea and Drogba to Madrid (Higuian to Man U was the last of the top 5), but I guess it's an improvement on past versions of the game where it was completely random and big guns wound up at small clubs coming into their prime.

How many scouting networks have you set up? I'm controlling Aachen so I had about €550k transfer and a massive €40k wage budget that was automaticaly 80:20 split, sold my striker for €1.2m signed a 3 star scout and set him up in Germany for 6 months, loaned in Usami now I'm broke as a joke.

It's tough with the lower league teams but it's the most rewarding.

Pre season 2-0 over Stoke and 3-1 over Millwall, 1-1 away to a Russian team, Spartak Nachlik or something. Only one goal scorer lol

In my fresh Swindown Town save, I have 3, 1 star scouts, 50k each. I send them on 6 month scouting trips each, so I can get extensive scouting and will pick up some good youngsters after the 6 months is up.

I bought 0 players as I am going with that throughout this whole save and only bringing up youngsters. I sold a fair bit of players and have some on loan, I just keep 1 back up for each position plus subs, so the main squad gets rotated and is small. I'm using a counter 4-4-2 so its just basic stuff for now and roles can get easily filled.

I have a fair bit of cash now (750k) and when the first scout is done, I will sack him and buy a better scout. Rinse repeat. End goal is to have the best scouts in a few years or so.

So I sign them onto the youth squad for roughly 15k-50k (50k is highest I think) depending on where they are from. Thing is, the youth squad caps out at 22 players I think, so the challenge will be how to move them all in, who to sell ect..

Objective is to get promoted to NP1, its tough with these shit merkins lol

How do you find out how high someone will grow? Not that it really matters for me, in career mode I rarely stay at a club for a second season (unless I get no good offers) and almost never stay for 3 seasons.

Well when you set up a scouting network, the scouts give you monthly reports, the longer you scout players the more info they get on ability and potential.

then if you bring them in the youth squad, every month you get updates on them.

Well when you set up a scouting network, the scouts give you monthly reports, the longer you scout players the more info they get on ability and potential.

then if you bring them in the youth squad, every month you get updates on them.

Oh, it's only for scouted players, I don't have the funds to set up a decent scouting network yet, cheers.

do you have one at all?

Not yet, waiting for the first transfer window to close (or at least to play all my scheduled games in the window), barely have enough funds left for a decent player so I don't want one of my good players to go down injured for half the season and have no one there to replace them.

Not yet, waiting for the first transfer window to close (or at least to play all my scheduled games in the window), barely have enough funds left for a decent player so I don't want one of my good players to go down injured for half the season and have no one there to replace them.

If you don't get any money in the next window.. I'd start a new career. But I'd play a few exhibition matches as a 3 star team vs a 4 star team, or 4 vs 5, to get comfortable.

If you restart, first thing is getting a scout (doesn't have to be the best). Experience stars means they will find more players, Judgement means they give better potential and ability judgements.

Make sure you leave some cash in the bank to actually sign them. So lets say you send the scout out for 6 months, make a decision at the end of the 6 months. (btw they dissapear into thin air after 6 months if you havn't signed them.)

FYI You don't need to send youngsters on loan first season, they still grow in reserves.

A good age to sign them into first team would be 17, if you wait too long they can be stolen by other clubs.

If you don't get any money in the next window.. I'd start a new career. But I'd play a few exhibition matches as a 3 star team vs a 4 star team, or 4 vs 5, to get comfortable.

If you restart, first thing is getting a scout (doesn't have to be the best). Experience stars means they will find more players, Judgement means they give better potential and ability judgements.

Make sure you leave some cash in the bank to actually sign them. So lets say you send the scout out for 6 months, make a decision at the end of the 6 months. (btw they dissapear into thin air after 6 months if you havn't signed them.)

FYI You don't need to send youngsters on loan first season, they still grow in reserves.

A good age to sign them into first team would be 17, if you wait too long they can be stolen by other clubs.

I'm nearing the end of the first window, the bulk of my starting side is 70-75, with 2-3 players above that, my bench is mostly high 60s. If I lose one of my high 70s players gets a long injury before the window closes I'll look to loan a replacement till the January window. If not, I'll use my left over funds on scouting.

HowHigh

Coach
I just use the cheapass 50k scouts

Just found some 16 yr old japanese defender who i signed...started at 67 rating and valued at 6.5 million.......score

Championship is defenitaely harder than npower 2 and 1...sitting in a 6th in a playoff spot with 9 games left in the season....almost made it to the premier league with Oxford Utd!

I just use the cheapass 50k scouts

Just found some 16 yr old japanese defender who i signed...started at 67 rating and valued at 6.5 million.......score

Championship is defenitaely harder than npower 2 and 1...sitting in a 6th in a playoff spot with 9 games left in the season....almost made it to the premier league with Oxford Utd!

nice, I'm still testing things out, but I will def stick with one of the saves soon

In my fresh Swindown Town save, I have 3, 1 star scouts, 50k each. I send them on 6 month scouting trips each, so I can get extensive scouting and will pick up some good youngsters after the 6 months is up.

I bought 0 players as I am going with that throughout this whole save and only bringing up youngsters. I sold a fair bit of players and have some on loan, I just keep 1 back up for each position plus subs, so the main squad gets rotated and is small. I'm using a counter 4-4-2 so its just basic stuff for now and roles can get easily filled.

I have a fair bit of cash now (750k) and when the first scout is done, I will sack him and buy a better scout. Rinse repeat. End goal is to have the best scouts in a few years or so.

So I sign them onto the youth squad for roughly 15k-50k (50k is highest I think) depending on where they are from. Thing is, the youth squad caps out at 22 players I think, so the challenge will be how to move them all in, who to sell ect..

Objective is to get promoted to NP1, its tough with these shit merkins lol

I put it all in to a 3 star scout so i'm not sure if that was beneficial or not but we'll see, I've only had a few reports sent back.

There was a free agent goalkeeper rated 77 and asking for €4k per week, bang I'll be selling him in
January. I usually don't transfer players in the first season but I brought Usami on loan and had to
sign that GK for the money so next year I'll only be signing players under 20 years old, none of this Man Cheaty B.S. I'll get Aachen to Europe one day

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Am really enjoying the scouting/Youth Team process. I've just gotten Crawley promoted into the PL and thankfully the board gave me 10m to play with.

I too have found myself relying on youth, rather than paying overs for mere backup squad players. My most promising find (with a 1 star scout) is a now 20 year old French CB, with a 67 rating worth 5m. Followed by a 17 year old Russian RB with a 62 rating worth 4m.

A nice insurance policy to have if I ever need it.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
I put it all in to a 3 star scout so i'm not sure if that was beneficial or not but we'll see, I've only had a few reports sent back.

There was a free agent goalkeeper rated 77 and asking for €4k per week, bang I'll be selling him in
January.

John Smith, a Canadian from memory. I somehow managed to get him to play for Crawley in L2. Until he whinged upon our promotion to the CH and was sold to Villa for double his worth.

The Free Transfers on here are much, much better. At the moment I'm 'buying' most players through Free Transfers. Their wages for starters are easily 50% or more less than they would be through a normal transfer. I signed Boudebozz on 3K a week, despite being 24 and having a rating of 80.

Yep that's him and he looks like Rene Higuita aswell lol I hope he's got a scorpion kick in him. He just saved my bacon against Bochum aswell.

There were some good young Brazilians I snapped up on deadline, good for my team anyway: Jorginho, Daniel Ferreira and Jefferson Oliveira but nobody wanted them on loan.

Big test with Dresden on the Tuesday after playing Bochum on Sunday ffs

For you guys playing lower leagues how do you set up your attack? I'm experimenting with free form and short risky passing but it's not doing much better than the default balance

HowHigh

Coach
Shit, I've gotta start looking out for free agents then lol

And I have haven't changed any attack settings, just got mine on the default

Using a 4-4-1-1...was using a 3-4-3 for a while but only 3 defenders is a bit rough using a npower2 side against premier league clubs in the cups

Rubber banding ftw. 1-0 up in the 80th minute, concede an own goal from the penalty spot off a rebound from the crossbar then some hack with no stamina turns in to Lionel Messi and dribbles through the entire midfield and defence to score the winner, f**k this shit is infuriating.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Yep that's him and he looks like Rene Higuita aswell lol I hope he's got a scorpion kick in him. He just saved my bacon against Bochum aswell.

There were some good young Brazilians I snapped up on deadline, good for my team anyway: Jorginho, Daniel Ferreira and Jefferson Oliveira but nobody wanted them on loan.

Big test with Dresden on the Tuesday after playing Bochum on Sunday ffs

For you guys playing lower leagues how do you set up your attack? I'm experimenting with free form and short risky passing but it's not doing much better than the default balance

Just a slightly tweaked 4-4-2, with the wingers playing slightly infield. Most of my game is counter-attack, reliant upon my super-quick striker (can't remember his first name) Cisse. Which I highly recommend : 72 overall, 99 acceleration and has both a speed and strength character trait.

Latest posts