What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fifa 12

boxhead

First Grade
I can't recommend Douambia and Honda enough. Their overalls aren't the highest but they will win you games - and when Honda reaches his potential he has a stamina value of 99.

Geohood

Bench
Couldn't wait anymore and got the game lol...

What would you guys say are the best teams to play as (mainly for online), and not one of the main teams like Man U, Barca etc?

I played as Inter in Fifa 09 and players like Ibrahimovic killed it for me but not sure how the team is 3 years on.

What would you guys say are the best teams to play as (mainly for online), and not one of the main teams like Man U, Barca etc?

I played as Inter in Fifa 09 and players like Ibrahimovic killed it for me but not sure how the team is 3 years on.

whoever you pick make sure they have fast defenders

boxhead

First Grade
Best teams that aren't major clubs....
For some reason Spurs are five-stars, they are very good across the park, their centre-back pairing is rather slow but Walker is a speedster and Assou-Ekotto is quick as well. They have a fantastic midfield - Modric, Parker, Bale, Lennon, VDV - and they have good strikers.
I haven't used too many other big clubs.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
I use mainly Arsenal for online, but I also use Tottenham, Athletico Madrid, Juventus and Bayern Munich. All are good enough against the big clubs IMO

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Yeah the faster passing sides like arsenal/ city/spurs have always done well online for me. Really loving manager mode this time round. Bout time FIFA

Bazzi

First Grade
It's my day off so I think I'll go down and buy the game today, anyone know which store has it for a good price?

Geohood

Bench
Ended up using Inter and played 3 games online.. picked where I left off Fifa 09 with 2W 1D, won the 3rd game 8-1 after 70 mins (admittedly vsing a noob it seems).. I'm suprised the usual quick online ranked match option is gone..? It's a bit strange how they've done it now, you basically can't vs anyone randomly? Has to be someone the same level and team rating as you?

Also what's the difference between the career modes?... Which is the one where you control the whole team + can play the games?

And Bazzi I'm not sure what the prices are in Sydney stores.. I just bought mine online for $55, took a week to get here from ozgameshop.

Last edited:
Ended up using Inter and played 3 games online.. picked where I left off Fifa 09 with 2W 1D, won the 3rd game 8-1 after 70 mins (admittedly vsing a noob it seems).. I'm suprised the usual quick online ranked match option is gone..? It's a bit strange how they've done it now, you basically can't vs anyone randomly? Has to be someone the same level and team rating as you?

Also what's the difference between the career modes?... Which is the one where you control the whole team + can play the games?

And Bazzi I'm not sure what the prices are in Sydney stores.. I just bought mine online for $55, took a week to get here from ozgameshop.

online has 10 divisions, so when you start out you'll be vsing alot of noobs

when you get higher you will versing alot of noobs using the fastest players, so if you dominate a match, they just press 3 buttons to win, pass, sprint, then shoot

not a damn thing you can do about it

in player manager mode you make your virtual pro and manage the team and can play as the whole team

redvscotty

First Grade
What platform Bazzi?

PC - cdkeyshere should have it for about 30 bucks. Still have to DL it though.

Use a decent 3 star team and quit out of lobbies that have Man U, Barca etc... those game are the worst to play because all people do is give the ball to Messi and hold down sprint and there's nothing you can do to stop a guy who has something ridiculous like 97 ball control and 95 sprint speed with 90 shot power.

The best online game I ever played was Australia v Ecuador but I stopped playing much online a while ago.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Brett Holman is a bit of a beast for an overall rating of 71. I had him playing CAM for Real Madrid when i got struck with injuries and he was scoring/setting up goals a fair bit.

Also moved back up to Professional and doing good. Had a try of World Class on Career and struggled a bit, but I can win in an exhibition match on that difficulty which is weird.

The inconsistency is killing me. Playing as Lokomotiv in the Russian League. I beat both CSKA (3-2, thriller, I went ahead twice before they equalised both times almost imediately then I scored the winner in stoppage time) and Zenit (2-0, smashed them here, I don't think they got a shot away) away from home, yet I lose to the easy beats like Spartak Nalchik (3-0, got abosolutely carved up in this one) and Tom Tomsk (2-0, wasn't too bad, I probably should've put a few on here, but kept hitting the woodwork). Sitting 5th, big gap between the top 2 (CSKA and Dynamo) and the rest.

CB, you're right about ecuadorian players though, I have Caicedo as my loan striker and he's absolutely kills it. Most of my goals come from through balls to him or from him running rings around defenders and getting the shot away. He's got something like 13 goals (League leader, Honda second on 9) and 5 assists in 12 games. Several of his assists have been 2 on 1s with the keeper where I passed to the open man. He just has so much pace and his finishing is excellent.

HowHigh

Coach
Think I'm just gonna try my luck online, haven't played any ranked yet but I should go alright..

Bit sick of doing the career mode atm...after replacing basically every player i started with the team has sorta lost its appeal to keep playing
Getting to the EPL was the goal...might just finish this season and take a job with a diff team

CB, you're right about ecuadorian players though, I have Caicedo as my loan striker and he's absolutely kills it. Most of my goals come from through balls to him or from him running rings around defenders and getting the shot away. He's got something like 13 goals (League leader, Honda second on 9) and 5 assists in 12 games. Several of his assists have been 2 on 1s with the keeper where I passed to the open man. He just has so much pace and his finishing is excellent.

1 or 2 players can make a huge difference, for example Santos with Ganso/Neymar, feels so fluid at that level playing with them.

Think I'm just gonna try my luck online, haven't played any ranked yet but I should go alright..

Bit sick of doing the career mode atm...after replacing basically every player i started with the team has sorta lost its appeal to keep playing
Getting to the EPL was the goal...might just finish this season and take a job with a diff team

you on 360 or ps3?

I'm a bit over career mode too, that 30 game stretch took it out of me as well as not getting any f**king fouls by the cheating AI

I don't have Xbox live I use my mates one, I got him up to division 7 yesterday and I'm dominating my opponents, mostly americans who use full pressure and get exposed by quick short passes

either that or speedsters, so unless you are comfy playing with 5 star teams I'd suggest finding a 3.5/4 star team otherwise every game will be against barca/real/merc city

1 or 2 players can make a huge difference, for example Santos with Ganso/Neymar, feels so fluid at that level playing with them.

Absolutely, my LM and RM both have the speedster trait (both have accelleration in the high 80s and sprint speed in the 90s), so I make a lot of in roads down the wings, and get plenty of crosses in. In this game if you don't have any real speedsters it can be hard to win.

Latest posts