What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fifa 12

cb4

First Grade
Transfers are still bizarre, why are Franco CF buying Neuer off me when they have Casillas? w/e though good money for a thug so no complaints.

The game needs to have a FM style reject all offers for a player. I get 3-5 a week for Gomez and it is annoying as shit.

This is annoying.

Im 6 years into my Bayern career, and I transfer listed Schweinsteiger and Ribbery as they are aging and I wanted a return for them.

No one offered, instead I was hammered with offers for Lucas.

When I listed Adebayor, thats when the Neymar bids came in.

Before that, I listed to Muller (to buy Neymar) and got hit with huge offers for Gomez.

I wasn't budging until Barca offered up big for him so he left.

Has there been a patch released for this yet?

I put my disc (brand new, no less) in the xbox last night and f**king scratched it. Now it won't load.

Anyone know if I can go hire a copy from video ezy and install, then play off my disc?

I don't even get into the first title screen before it says disc unreadable.

Failing that i'll get the turtle wax and toothpaste out :(

f**k that. do your other games work?

redvscotty

First Grade
f**k that. do your other games work?

Yeah man, played BF3 all night last night!

I have a few ideas before I go rushing out to buy a new game, at worst though, it's only another 70 bucks, the first copy only cost me 50.

Lesson learned for sure though, in future heed the f**king warning on the front of the xbox.

Played Fable 3 last night too, quite possibly the gayest game I've ever played.

BunniesMan

Immortal
No shit Messi wanted to leave a team managed by Bunnies Derp
We were top of the League. I murdered Guardiola's 4-3-3 and installed a 3-4-3 with Messi, Neymar, Bale upfront and FOUR CAM's in Iniesta, Xavi, Fabregas, Wilshere

It was a genius formation. Took me an hour to customarily design it. IT WAS GENIUS. By January I was about 12-0-0 with 50 goals scored, about 3 conceded and an average of 75% of possession. I made Barcelona even better than it was.

And then Messi f**ks off to f**ken Liverpool to be closer to Argentina.

Government Officials back in the USSR are said to be very pleased with these developments.

:D

We have quite a few people on xbox now. does 12 have online leagues still? would be good to get one going.

Yeah good Idea, maybe a tournament to start us off?

Yeah man, played BF3 all night last night!

I have a few ideas before I go rushing out to buy a new game, at worst though, it's only another 70 bucks, the first copy only cost me 50.

Lesson learned for sure though, in future heed the f**king warning on the front of the xbox.

Played Fable 3 last night too, quite possibly the gayest game I've ever played.

I always install games to the Xbox and play em off the disc.

Did you buy BF3 for xbox too?

BunniesMan

Immortal
The one problem I have with the game is I wish you could save lineups the way you save formations.

It gets frustrating when you have to change your lineup to play kids/2nd XI guys in cup games or CL group games or when the 2nd leg is a dead game only to change it back to your first XI for your next league game.

The one problem I have with the game is I wish you could save lineups the way you save formations.

It gets frustrating when you have to change your lineup to play kids/2nd XI guys in cup games or CL group games or when the 2nd leg is a dead game only to change it back to your first XI for your next league game.

If you are talking about Career Mode, you can.

Before you go to play the next match, go into team management and change the line up.

For a temp change, do it after you pressed play next game and are just about to start. Then it will revert back.

cb4

First Grade

Yeh that is a giant pain in the arse!

When you play your young prospects, do you play the game or sim it?

I usually play it, but leave Pato and Messi up front.

For me, if it's a dead rubber I just sim it. Really can't be bothered playing a game which has no meaning with a bunch of dregs. Rather get onto bigger games.

Funny though, when I was Inter I misread the table somewhere I thought I was 16 points ahead with 5 games to play. Since I was still in the cup and champions league, I thought I'd play my dregs and sim the rest of the league and focus on the other tournaments. They drew to Sampdoria and lost to Milan, then all of a sudden I was 8 points up with 3 games to play (I think I had 5 to go and Juventus had 6 when I checked originally). I had relegation fodder for my next 2 games so I just threw a few starters in there and beat them both to win the league.

redvscotty

First Grade
:D

Yeah good Idea, maybe a tournament to start us off?

I always install games to the Xbox and play em off the disc.

Did you buy BF3 for xbox too?

Yeah mate, Fifa 12, BF3, and 6 others that are pretty much just filler atm.

I'm gonna go hire Fifa 12 from the video shop and install that to my xbox and then try play off my disc and see how that goes.

BunniesMan

Immortal

Usually I sim but occasionally if I've playing a big team and my 3rd stringers are guys that are actually fun to play like say Hoillett, Sturridge and Alex Chamberlain, I'll play Carling cup and early FA cup. But if I'm at a lesser team and my squad players are nuffies I don't bother.

BLKOUT!

Juniors
Finished my first season with United in 3rd by 2 points, won the FA cup which kept me employed. I signed pretty much nothing but young players in the off-season, they're all rated 68-75 but 17-18 years old so hopefully they'll develop. The one "big" signing I made was my DMC, I was close to going with M'Vila but decided on Serigne Kara instead. He's a monster, they have him at 6'4 (though apparently he's shorter IRL) and he takes up a tonne of space. Only used him once and he's not quite as quick as I hoped but he's really strong so he should go alright. Having trouble trying to sell players though, it was so much easier in FM10.

The physics on this game are a mofo. Last night an AI defender fell over then flew across the field. I thrashed Valencia 5-0 on world class after every time they kicked off the ball immediately ricocheted back to me handing me possession :?

boxhead

First Grade
How is this for transfer AI;
Currently 3 hours until the end of deadline day.
Manchester United have sold Hernandez, Rooney, Berbatov, Welbeck, Nani, Valencia, James and Fletcher, making about £127.5 million.
And for all that, they have signed NO-ONE.
:lol::lol: What is wrong with this game!?

Edit: deadline day over, United sign no-one!
They were tipped for the title by the in-game press as well :lol: They've lost all their good forwards bar Ashley Young and have no real striker aside from Michael Owen!

Last edited:

cb4

First Grade
How is this for transfer AI;
Currently 3 hours until the end of deadline day.
Manchester United have sold Hernandez, Rooney, Berbatov, Welbeck, Nani, Valencia, James and Fletcher, making about £127.5 million.
And for all that, they have signed NO-ONE.
:lol::lol: What is wrong with this game!?

Edit: deadline day over, United sign no-one!
They were tipped for the title by the in-game press as well :lol: They've lost all their good forwards bar Ashley Young and have no real striker aside from Michael Owen!

I had a similar thing, except I poached all of Barcas good players (Messi, Cesc, Iniesta, Pique) after I sold Neymar and Ganso. They have replaced them with no one.

boxhead

First Grade
The transfer AI in this game is worse than in FIFA 11 honestly, those two examples plus most of the same transfers happen in every career save you do. A lot of them end up being clubs trading players back and forth!
At least in FIFA 11, though the system was worse, the AI wasn't terrible like it is now.

Every time I play Spurs, Everton always end up signing Gallas for about £1 million more than he is worth, I sell the dead-wood mostly to similar club, I make a big profit and win the league with my new squad.
I'm going to move up to Legendary soon, Ivalways play on world class but it isn't a real challenge; it is just whether the game screws you over or not to compensate for the deficiencies of the AI.

I can't believe I'm saying it, but I think I want to ask EA for a refund and buy PES 2012.
I won't though because it'd just be a waste of time.

How is this for first-season signings though;
Adler £14 million
Gary Cahill £17 million
Pedro £28.5 million
Welliton £18 million

Adler and Welliton cost next to nothing considering how good they are, high-value signings. Cahill and Pedro cost quite a bit but they both develop a lot.
Add in my virtual pro, and consider the sales of Gallas, Dos Santos, Pienarr, Kranjcar, Gomes and Pavlyuchenko, I think I did pretty well. Nearly had Samba as well.

Funnily enough, Barca signed Dos Santos after I signed Pedro, and in most saves United end up signing about three or four of my players in the first season.

Last edited:

boxhead

First Grade
How is this for logic from EA?
Download squad update, the overalls for Spurs look like this;
Lennon reduced by 1
Modric reduced by 2
Bale reduced by 2
Van der Vaart reduced by 1
Corluka reduced by 1
Huddlestone reduced by 1
Defoe reduced by 1
Pienarr reduced by 1
Bassong reduced by 1
Oh and their loaned-out players have all been reduced by 1 as well.

So the team that is third in the EPL and according to many playing the best football in the league is a worse squad than they were to start the season? WTF!?
So Lennon and Bale get nerfed despite being in hot form, and VDV and Modric get nerfed despite the latter's form of late?
I can understand the others and I realize many thought some of the original ratings were way too high. But seriously? They don't even boost Kyle Walker who is arguably one of the top right fullbacks in the EPL at the moment, or Kaboul and King who have been fantastic this season, or Parker who has been our best player, or Sandro, Livermore and Townsend?

What a pack of morons.

Edit: it seems like they have done this to quite a few teams, quite a few of Arsenal players have been reduced as well, although Szcez is now rated well.

A big plus I noticed though; they've given Neymar a big stamina boost to...61. It's far better than what it used to be. They've done very well to screw up all the other ratings.

Last edited:

Latest posts