What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fifa 12

BLKOUT!

Juniors
Thinking about shaking up my Man Utd team. Coming 2nd at the moment though just got trashed 6-2 by Marseille in the CL. I've got Hazard, Neymar, Robinho, Lucas and Hulk in my starting XI but Neymar and Hazard are driving me nuts with their fatigue, they're both only good for 3/4 of the game and if there's games close to each other I can't use them in both. Hulk must have a low work rate in attack or something too because he never seems to get involved in anything unlike the others. Tossing up between either buying quality guys I can bring on the bench for Neymar/Hazard or selling one of them and spending a lot on a replacement

redvscotty

First Grade
After a series of losses and draws (usually when I was in front too!) I had to win my last game of the season to gain promotion to div 8. Decided to go against picking the teams I had lost/ drawn with ( man city, wolves, dortmund, roar, galaxy) and picked Spain. Got Brazil and thrashed them 4 -0!

Does anyone bother with the achievements? I plan to have a crack at some tonight.

cb4

First Grade
Thinking about shaking up my Man Utd team. Coming 2nd at the moment though just got trashed 6-2 by Marseille in the CL. I've got Hazard, Neymar, Robinho, Lucas and Hulk in my starting XI but Neymar and Hazard are driving me nuts with their fatigue, they're both only good for 3/4 of the game and if there's games close to each other I can't use them in both. Hulk must have a low work rate in attack or something too because he never seems to get involved in anything unlike the others. Tossing up between either buying quality guys I can bring on the bench for Neymar/Hazard or selling one of them and spending a lot on a replacement

Get what you can for Neymar, and go all out for Pato.

For a mid, the best value for money mid I found is Erikson from Ajax, or if you wanna sepnd cash, Fabregas is a quality buy.

If fitness and fatigue is bothering you look to buy Honda from CSKA, he's quality and he can pretty much play the 90 every game (including midweek games), and you rarely need to rest him. He's also very fast and has a decent shot on him. If you're prepared to spend big he's one I'd be looking at, although he isn't too expensive.

boxhead

First Grade
I decided to be a douche in career mode in another new Spurs career, world class.
Sold; Defoe, Pavlyuchenko, Van der Vaart, Kranjcar, Lennon, Huddlestone, Dos Santos, Gallas, Gomes.
Bought; Neymar, Pedro (I'm infatuated with him in FIFA 12), Mamodou Sahko, Hugo Lloris.
First XI: Lloris, Walker, Sakho, King, Assou-Ekotto, Pedro, Parker, Modric, Bale, Drake, Neymar
Subs: Friedel, Dawson, Kaboul, Sandro, Falque, Pienarr, Adebayor
Much weaker squad, stronger first XI.

Want to be an even bigger douche and have fun with City on world class.
I just can't play as a team for a season or more if I'm not Spurs or Madrid, which stinks because I keep winning everything and legendary is the cheapest crap I've ever seen; defending counts for nothing there, it's just "out score the other team by 4-3".

BLKOUT!

Juniors
Get what you can for Neymar, and go all out for Pato.

For a mid, the best value for money mid I found is Erikson from Ajax, or if you wanna sepnd cash, Fabregas is a quality buy.

Pato kicks my ass every time I play Tottenham (???) I think I'll do that. How would Erikson compare with Gotze game style-wise? I haven't used either of them and Gotze looks like a monster attribute-wise but I remember looking at Erikson around the same time as I bought Lucas.

If fitness and fatigue is bothering you look to buy Honda from CSKA, he's quality and he can pretty much play the 90 every game (including midweek games), and you rarely need to rest him. He's also very fast and has a decent shot on him. If you're prepared to spend big he's one I'd be looking at, although he isn't too expensive.

Yeah I definitely need someone who can back-up mid week, I've got a lot of young guys on the bench and the difference in quality is too much when guys get tired. I'll check Honda out, if I remember properly he was going for about 22 million last time I saw him.

Yeah I definitely need someone who can back-up mid week, I've got a lot of young guys on the bench and the difference in quality is too much when guys get tired. I'll check Honda out, if I remember properly he was going for about 22 million last time I saw him.

Yeah, I bought him 3 years in and he cost me $35m and I still regard him as my best buy in the game in terms of value for money. He's very fast and has good ball control, and he is good for some goals too. I had him in central midfield and he still knocked in 15 for the season and probably had about 15 assists. His endurance is his biggest asset though.

BLKOUT!

Juniors
Didn't get any offers for Neymar unfortunately, ended up selling Ashley Young and Robinho. Bought Cavani and Lavezzi to replace them, Cavani plays a lot differently to Robinho so that's taking some getting used to but Lavezzi and Young are really similar so that's been pretty easy.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
I've found trying to block as many passing lanes as possible, is one of the best ways to defend in this game. Particularly around their midfield area (not around the penalty box)

But the bad thing about it is, it's guess work, so you might leave players out of position by sprinting there to intercept a pass, when really they're thinking of something totally different.

I still find it pretty successful though.

Last edited:

redvscotty

First Grade
I have progressively gotten worse since getting this on Xbox.

Defending I can do alright. I just block paths the ball might travel with my defenders between boxes and go for the tackle in the box (never sliding though).

My problem is, my attack blows. Sometimes at half time I'll have only had 1 or 2 shots and the other team has had about 15 (but still not really dominating).

I have worked a bit on the old one two passing, and can sometimes get in a decent cross, but I cannot pull off a lob pass at all.

I just plain suck at the moment and it's pissing me off haha.

I consider myself to be a counter attacker. Games I win are generally 1-0 or 2-1 or something and the goals mostly come off the back of a good couter attack.

Latest posts