What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fifa 12

Allstar Knights

Juniors
I use to only really play as Arsenal or Tottenham, but I've been bored playing as them lately.

Teams I enjoy playing with at the moment, are: Brazil, CSKA Moscow, Napoli, Bayern Munich and Portugal.

I feel bad playing as Brazil online because they're so good, but I just really love using them. By far my favourite team to play as right now.

Jono078

Referee
My online teams to use in order are;

1. Bayern Munich
2. Portugal
3. Man City
4. Inter
5. Australia

I sometimes like to go Chelsea, but otherwise I never use Spain, or Barca or Real Madrid the real top 3 teams of the game.

BLKOUT!

Juniors
It's tough cause even though I enjoy playing online and it's fun the competitive side of me hates having to deal with Barca and Real Madrid every second game. If I chose Aston Villa and a guy picked Newcastle United and beat me 3-1 I'd be ok with it, but when it's Barca/Real Madrid/Spain/Brazil it's not so fun lol frustration takes over

Guys how do you simulate to a certain date on the calendar (wanted to go from Sep to Dec) without some merkin interrupting complaining about lack of game time etc ??

So f**king annoying. Used to be breeze before

BLKOUT!

Juniors
Started a new game with Benfica, it's weird cause when I had my Man Utd game I only really went looking for players in seasons 2-3, in season 1 I already knew the guys I wanted (Hazard, Hulk etc) but starting with Benfica I'm seeing all these 86-89 rated guys I was thinking of signing for United who are rated like 75 in season 1. They must have developed a tonne in those two seasons.

I picked up Xheridan Shaqiri, Muniain, Leandro, Markus Henriksen, Casemiro and Toni Kroos. They're all investments (except Shaqiri I don't think I could bring myself o sell him) I paid like $6-9 million each, in season 3 on my last save they were all selling for 30 mil plus each. Ultimately when I sell them on I want to put together an all-Portuguese team, maybe a few Brazilians if there's not enough quality

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Jono, they were some good games last night.

Munich v France, made a very good and enjoyable matchup.

I think we played 7 straight games, and ended three wins each, with the final being a draw.

Jono078

Referee
Yeah lol.

I was hoping to go extra time, didn't expect the game to stop because I won the season thing.

You've gotten insanely better. My defense was a shambles last night and I also couldn't buy a goal.

Maybe tonight will be different? :p

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
haha, I am pretty average against the counter, especially with Robben and Ribery flying down the wings. I think every time they hit open space after a counter, it was either a goal or a good save by my keeper.

Yeah that draw thing was a major buzz kill.

Ausguy

Coach
Hey guys... i need some help.

I need to understand some of the settings people might be adjusting in regards to menus for online play.

I was playing a guy this morning in a H2H match, we are supposed to be relatively similar... i got smashed but i felt my team was slower, had less passing speed, i got intercepted even on short passes and defenders were always on me quickly.

Im playing ok online but i feel that given i have to play tactical defending i cant make tackles, while opposition seem to get to me easily, its kind of like we are playing with different settings?

Can anyone shed some light on what i may be doing wrong?

Also in regards to strategy, what else do you guys change to help you 'survive' online?

I simply feel like im missing somthing that is stopping me from competing. (and dont say skill smart asses)

thanks for your help...

BLKOUT!

Juniors
He might have had a different control. It sounds weird but my mate just gave me some special controller he bought for like $70 that he used to play FPS's but he upgraded, the difference has been huge you barely have to tap the A button to increase the power of them whereas before I had to hold it in for a pretty noticeable time, also because the joysticks are different my passing is a LOT more accurate than it was before and it's easier to pull off skill moves. Also shooting is easier since you can boost the power a lot faster and get the shot off sooner before the defenders close in.

For me the best way to play online is to go wide as possible. I usually go with a custom 4-2-2-1-1, with a flat back four and two defensive midfielders then I have two REALLY wide attacking forwards who cut inside, and an AMC + a lone striker. In the beginning people have a hard time dealing with the width of the two attacking forwards so they compensate by selecting defenders and dragging them out to try and shut them down early, which opens up space in the middle of the AMC to put the striker through.

The negative is you can't really play a possession style game with it you've gotta rely pretty much on counter attacking and if they have really fast wingbacks it gets harder because they don't need to space their team out to defend your wingers as much.

People are too good at defending in close quarters for me to play a short passing game, every time I pick a narrower formation I get raped but when I go wide even really good players tend to struggle with it

The key is adjusting your custom tactics to your style of play that suits you and then allowing your ai players to do their thing then taking control when thay aren't. Defense is the key.

Ausguy

Coach
Thanks guys.

Warrior can you expand on custom tactics and what you do please?

Also in regards to defending and AI, how do I get my defense to be more man on man with pressure rather than hanging back ?

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Lag can also be a factor. Even a slight delay on your end can be a massive difference if you're up against a good player with good connection.

Ausguy

Coach
Agree Allstar, it stops shots for sure, atleast that is the same for both players but annoying none the less.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Hey guys... i need some help.

I need to understand some of the settings people might be adjusting in regards to menus for online play.

I was playing a guy this morning in a H2H match, we are supposed to be relatively similar... i got smashed but i felt my team was slower, had less passing speed, i got intercepted even on short passes and defenders were always on me quickly.

Im playing ok online but i feel that given i have to play tactical defending i cant make tackles, while opposition seem to get to me easily, its kind of like we are playing with different settings?

Can anyone shed some light on what i may be doing wrong?

Also in regards to strategy, what else do you guys change to help you 'survive' online?

I simply feel like im missing somthing that is stopping me from competing. (and dont say skill smart asses)

thanks for your help...

Hey mate, just some tips if you need.

Defenders on you = just pass back, dont look for the forward play right away. If the defenders are on you, it usually means he is sending the computer and using auto mark. When someone does this, just pass back, holding L1, your player will make a run forward and you just chip over the top.

Or altenatively, just pass back and move the ball away from the position.

People who play defense like this usually get caught out short. Also your formation plays a big part.

i cant make tackles - First off, do not try and make tackles each and everytime the opposition has the ball. Give them the space and move players to cut off the passing lanes.

Eventually you will be able to pick up who will receive the ball and can start performing more interceptions. Only go for a tackle, when you have them pressed and within the danger zone (outside the penalty box). You will just tire your team out defending in any other way.

Also, let the computer help you. Dont try and make every play using your own skill. The computer is good at balancing the defense.

Forget special controllers, in the end you have to slow the game down

Ausguy

Coach
Thanks mate.

That will help for sure.

What is auto mark?

Also for online games I understand I can change formation but what about tactics? I can't change them in the menu.

Latest posts