What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fifa 12

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
VeGeTaSSJ4 is my PSN, just started playing online last night for 1 game and got a 1 nill win, it so tense got to get used to the settings as i have the shot speed and the rest modified in single player

sheepbender

Juniors
maybe you're just getting heaps better at it then what you were. When I started I couldn't win shit in div 10 and now I'm in div 2.

Im glad someone else was shite in Div 10...Ive lost 5 straight.. in fact Ive yet to win online.. i duno what Im doin wrong, im no good at the new defending, and just dont use it offline, and Im assuming you cant choose the old school defending online..

My biggest thing is how people are able use tricks.. how does anyone remember the combinations, especially when they change depending what direction your facing.. Im never able to pull them off, it shits me to tears..

Any tips would be great.. if you want an easy win my PSN is sheepbender86 ; )

sheepbender

Juniors
Where cna I get FIFA 12 for a reasonable price? I refuse to pay $110 for a yearly release game.

eBay mate.. i havent bought in a store for years.. New Releases are always $65 and under... You might have to wait on shipping from Hong Kong or the UK etc but your saving $$$

Geohood

Bench
Im glad someone else was shite in Div 10...Ive lost 5 straight.. in fact Ive yet to win online.. i duno what Im doin wrong, im no good at the new defending, and just dont use it offline, and Im assuming you cant choose the old school defending online..

My biggest thing is how people are able use tricks.. how does anyone remember the combinations, especially when they change depending what direction your facing.. Im never able to pull them off, it shits me to tears..

I don't really worry about using tricks but I use fake pass a lot to get past attackers one on one easily... and try defending by holding L2 and moving your player slightly into the player to tackle automatically, instead of pressing circle.. so pretty much try not to rush into tackles and sus out where they're going and you can predict where they're gonna turn/pass next and cut it off as it happens when you start getting more used to it.

BLKOUT!

Juniors
Is it just me or do players get easier the higher division you are? In div 4 now and beating teams a lot easier than I did in div 6 and 7..

Yeah I had the same thing. I'm in div 3 and the only time I've been relegated was div 5, it felt like the jump in quality was huge and I was thinking shit how am I ever gonna get out of this but I did it on the second attempt and got through div 4 really easily. I dunno if I'm so gradually getting better that I don't notice it or what it is.

I think I've used skill/trick moves maybe 3 times total in all the time I've played online. I find the most effective strategy playing in div 10 was making use of 1-2 passing, cause a lot of people aren't great at defending so if you can get alot of your players running around they usually don't know wtf to do. The biggest loss I've ever had on FIFA was against a dude who had perfected 1-2 passing between his strikers. Was nearly impossible to defend against. So try holding down L2 when you pass

Geohood

Bench
Random question but what's the elevator bell type sound that goes off in the background during the game sometimes? Anyone know what I'm talking about?

redvscotty

First Grade
Random question but what's the elevator bell type sound that goes off in the background during the game sometimes? Anyone know what I'm talking about?

I know the sound, but not sure what it is.

In other news, after a weeks absence from the game I came back last night and got promoted to Div 6. Played the same guy twice first up newly promoted and won one game on full time and lost the second 3 - 2 :(.

I usually play with Wolves or Norwich so when I couldnt find any opponents last night in the same bracket I chose Tottenham and the difference in speed, passing, moving around, and goalkeeping is phenomenal!

redvscotty

First Grade

On XBOX if you hold the green button it follows the player youre marked up against.

Try that and see how the trailing works and then mix it up to get the best out of your defence.

I like to use it to mark up players and as soon as they pass to another player I switch players and mark the next one. Usually you can get them out onto the wing and then use the red button to steal the ball.

I had one game last night where the guy was shooting from in between the halfway line and the box all game because he couldnt get any closer. Was frustrating the f**k out of him haha.

When attacking I like to go up the middle for the first half and then maybe 10 mins into the second half. Once they think they have you covered I usually get it out to the wing and use speed to go up the wing and put a cross in for a striker to head/kick it in. Lob ball works well in this as well. I still have a long way to go with attack, but its getting better. Got a bicycle kick goal last night and a ripper from the edge of the box from a cross.

i hate it when if you score in the first 10 mins, the other guy quits and you dont get points for it :( always seems to be people from Hong Kong that do it.

Geohood

Bench
i hate it when if you score in the first 10 mins, the other guy quits and you dont get points for it :( always seems to be people from Hong Kong that do it.

How do you know where they're from?

5 straight wins to start off the season in div 3 .. only 1 more win then im in div 2 :D

BLKOUT!

Juniors

Yeah it's so frustrating. It happened to me so much in Div 7 that I would just camp down in the other persons end after kick off doing nothing until the 15min mark then start attacking.

boxhead

First Grade
I so want to get back into this game. The problems when playing against AI are too daunting though.

sheepbender

Juniors

Yea Ive noticed that too, and wanted to know the answer..I thought it only happened during Bundesliga games, cos its doesnt happen in Premier League games..

sheepbender

Juniors
I don't really worry about using tricks but I use fake pass a lot to get past attackers one on one easily... and try defending by holding L2 and moving your player slightly into the player to tackle automatically, instead of pressing circle.. so pretty much try not to rush into tackles and sus out where they're going and you can predict where they're gonna turn/pass next and cut it off as it happens when you start getting more used to it.

I duno about you, but when I use the new defending, I cant get anywhere near the attacking player, its like hes got a force field around him, so my possession stats look awful....thats why i use the old defending..

Geohood

Bench
I duno about you, but when I use the new defending, I cant get anywhere near the attacking player, its like hes got a force field around him, so my possession stats look awful....thats why i use the old defending..

Just keep holding L2 the whole time in defence and keep a close eye on the attacking player? And only sprint when they're sprinting and give yourself a bit of lee-way for a sudden stop and change in direction. And I also call a 2nd defender in a lot of the time to let the CPU take care of the main defending while using my selected defender to cut off their options.

Latest posts