What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fifa 12

sheepbender

Juniors
Just keep holding L2 the whole time in defence and keep a close eye on the attacking player? And only sprint when they're sprinting and give yourself a bit of lee-way for a sudden stop and change in direction. And I also call a 2nd defender in a lot of the time to let the CPU take care of the main defending while using my selected defender to cut off their options.

Well that is pretty much the point of the new defending isnt it?? But I can never seem to get the ball..Im just following/chasing attackers all game..its very frustrating..I know I sound like Im fairly average at FIFA, but its just this new defending... if I didnt have to use it online, I wouldnt even bother..

Geohood

Bench
Just try to keep close.. cut angles then anticipate and pounce by pushing forward towards them while letting L2 tackle them automatically when the time is right.. just keep practicing I guess.

BLKOUT!

Juniors
Got my xbox going, played 5 games today. Every person I played picked Barcelona. Puts me off the game

Also it's only been a week or two since I played last but I'm noticing a new play style people are using, they get the ball just past half way then start just moving their player around in weird sporadic directions until they lose the defender, then move onto the next one and do the same thing. Anytime they get anywhere near the goal it's the same thing, slow right down and walk around with the ball at their feet until the defender goes the wrong way or something. I hate it lol

Geohood

Bench
Crucial game, wanker using Real Madrid, about to score an important goal in the 88th minute, then someone WALKS IN FRONT OF THE SCREEN.... was the closest I've been to attempt to break my controller.

redvscotty

First Grade
Yeah Wolves have gone 4-5-1 and it makes a massive difference.

Also got Bassong in the back 4 now so the speed between defenders is much better.

GOt promoted to Div 5 today, lost one, drew one, won one.

boxhead

First Grade
Hopefully they've updated Spurs to not be mega-nerfed from the original squad rating.

And yes, they have. :D
Walker from 76 to 78 - still not as high as he should be but much better than he was.
Kaboul from 76 to 80 - best change of the lot, our most in-form centre-back throughout the season.
King from 80 to 82 - welcome change, EA realizing we actually have one of the best defences in the EPL.
Parker from 82 to 83 - happy with that, they've greatly improved his tackling and passing thankfully.
Bale from 84 to 85 - his stats look much better now, though his crossing should be higher.
Livermore from 64 to 70 - took EA long enough, should be even higher.

It's funny looking at how much different the squad was from pre-January transfer squad update to now.
Most of our previous young kids are gone to be replaced by other young kids.

Last edited:

Bob Brown

Juniors
Im glad someone else was shite in Div 10...Ive lost 5 straight.. in fact Ive yet to win online.. i duno what Im doin wrong, im no good at the new defending, and just dont use it offline, and Im assuming you cant choose the old school defending online..

My biggest thing is how people are able use tricks.. how does anyone remember the combinations, especially when they change depending what direction your facing.. Im never able to pull them off, it shits me to tears..

Any tips would be great.. if you want an easy win my PSN is sheepbender86 ; )

You need to learn how to use TD, LD is gone forever and not comming back. There are many tutorials on youtube.

The tricks are in the game, go to settings/ controller help. It will tell you how to do them all.

Geohood

Bench
Made div 1 too then got demoted then now promoted back there again.. about to play my first game back in it again. I found that all the 'luck' was with the opposition as soon as I hit div 1 the first time and was angry at the games I lost.. It always seems to go that way dosen't it..

Geohood

Bench
Just played 5 games... EVERYONE had Real Madrid which I f**kinnnng hate... And what kills me is that so many of their goals are from rebounds or their players overpowering mine and the ball squirting out for them.. Which they then celebrate and show all the replays for.. Do I ever get such luck? Maybe about 1/3 as much? I won't use another team other than Inter for 5 star but might look at using lower star teams to get away from these Madrid cheapskates... Any good teams to use?

Latest posts