What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

unforgiven

Bench
Argued stupid points ?

I've argued 1 point, equality.

Canberra & Newcastle both have good stadiums.

It's not as though it's going to happen every year but if they have earned a home semi, give it to them.
And I do not believe that Canberra has a good stadium. Week 3 games should be played in rectangular all seater venues, with adequate rain cover.

unforgiven

Bench
'Just 3 hours down the road', lol, its really more like 6 hour round trip, and probably closer to 7 hours when you're stuck in the SFS carpark for an hour.

Plenty of Raiders fans in surrounding areas who'd have an even longer commute too.
Yep 6 hour round trip equates to 3 hrs down the road. So you just agreed with my point? I have done the trip down for a finals game on a Friday night. Took me about 2 and a half hours, hell Ive even driven down for concerts and not had to leave work early or miss work the next day. Its really not very far.

adamkungl

Immortal
There is no difference between Raiders and Cowboys.
They are both too far for a day trip for most fans (how far doesn't matter, and if it does there should be a clear rule about it not this wishy washy made up as we go nonsense).
Canberra is not Sydney. Canberra is not in NSW. It's the capital city of Australia ffs and not allowed to host a final.

If the NRL was fair (we all know they aren't) the rules would be the same for Canberra, Newcastle, and Nth QLD. Either all play in Sydney/Brisbane or none do.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Yep 6 hour round trip equates to 3 hrs down the road. So you just agreed with my point? I have done the trip down for a finals game on a Friday night. Took me about 2 and a half hours, hell Ive even driven down for concerts and not had to leave work early or miss work the next day. Its really not very far.

Do you think families will want to do this trip?

unforgiven

Bench
Others have, so yes it is valid.

We do have an appropriate stadium. It holds as much as AAMI Park, Eden Park and 1300Smiles.
Well you probably should have quoted them and been arguing with them. I know a Raiders fan who believes that man didnt go to the moon does that mean I can argue that point with you too?

simmo1

First Grade

Haha f**k off. Try going from Canberra to Sydney (not the other way around) and find parking at the SFS on a Friday night in 2.5 hours. You're dribbling.

unforgiven

Bench
What's wrong with it? It's hosted 3 Super Rugby Finals, League/Union test matches & olympic soccer.
Im not talking capacity. Its not rectangular, you are a million miles from the action. Has rubbish viewing lines, substandard media and corporate facilities and no rain cover.

There are so many people pushing for a new stadium, use this as an arguement for that.

Card Shark

Immortal
Arguing there is no difference between Canberra and Townsville is a stupid arguement, it really is. There is a reason Townsville are exempt. To argue otherwise just hurts the rest of your argument.

There obviously is a difference between Townsville & Canberra, as you point out.

As I continue to state, no teams should have to travel - Canberra is not a suburb of Sydney.

unforgiven

Bench
Terrific, I'll take your word for it. Do you think most families will want to do this trip? Looking at 10pm finish and getting back to Canberra around 1am?
Most families dont go to an 8pm kickoff game anyway, its obvious that this is not the target audience for this game. Ill concede that the traffic and parking around the SFS is crap and that could be a turnoff.

adamkungl

Immortal
image.adapt.1663.medium.jpg

Looks great.

Status
Not open for further replies.