What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals Week 2: Sharks vs Panthers

tripster

Juniors
Girds is at it again. We all remember he burst into print exactly this time last year with much the same wares but that time he was ripping into Griffin. It seems this sort of thing is going to be an annual event from him.

We all know Jimmy didn't have a very good game and we're all in mourning but I honestly don't see the point. No one used to do this to Girds when he had a shocker back in the day, and he had a fair few.

He is a media personality now, with Channel 9 and Triple M, which means his role is to generate ratings and clicks more than anything. Just like Gus most of the time.

If we want to stick the boot in in return, I am sure we all lost count of the number of times that Beckett was denied a try because of Girdler. Girdler was a notorious ball hog and often didn’t pass to an unmarked Beckett because Girdler wanted to score himself (but Girdler would often then get tackled or the opportunity would disappear).

Would have cost us a massive number of tries (and probably a lot of wins) over the course of his career.

Fangs

Coach
Girds spot on again?

I'm pretty certain just about everyone on the forum actually agrees with his assessment of Maloney. He had a shocker. I bet Maloney would even agree that he stank on Friday night.

franklin2323

Immortal
Girds spot on again?

I'm pretty certain just about everyone on the forum actually agrees with his assessment of Maloney. He had a shocker. I bet Maloney would even agree that he stank on Friday night.

Maloney was hardly the only one that played bad though. No mention of anyone else just Maloney

OldPanther

Coach
Girds spot on again?

He was directly responsible for 8 points against us.

OldPanther

Coach
Maloney was hardly the only one that played bad though. No mention of anyone else just Maloney

• Most experienced player by far
  • Captain
  • Marquee signing big game half
  • International rep
  • State Of Origin Rep
  • 3 Grand Final appearances with 2 wins
Vs Sharks
  • Responsible for 8 points against
  • Didn't manage the team when the game was there to be won.
Compare that to the rest of the team and see why he has a certain level of responsibility.

I haven’t agreed with Gus at all over the last 2 months but he’s bang on with what he’s said.

We don’t need a squad overhaul, we didn’t lose because we played to our maximum & they were just better then us, we just need to improve certain areas of our game which will come with experience & potentially new ideas from the coaching staff.
I would love to see what Shane would do with an inexperienced roster. He would do stuff all.

franklin2323

Immortal
Who said it was?

Well no one seems to mention them. 10 errors all. 6 penalties all. We missed 31 tackles. They missed 25. That was the area Maloney struggled in no worse than them.

Not sure of their 4th prop but:

Fifita 166m
Woods 161m
Prior 108m

Compare to:
RCG 104
Tamou 62
Leota 27
Merrin 10

franklin2323

Immortal
I haven’t agreed with Gus at all over the last 2 months but he’s bang on with what he’s said.

We don’t need a squad overhaul, we didn’t lose because we played to our maximum & they were just better then us, we just need to improve certain areas of our game which will come with experience & potentially new ideas from the coaching staff.

If Gus believed that. Why does he himself always bang on about other teams experience

franklin2323

Immortal
  • Most experienced player by far
  • Captain
  • Marquee signing big game half
  • International rep
  • State Of Origin Rep
  • 3 Grand Final appearances with 2 wins
Vs Sharks
  • Responsible for 8 points against
  • Didn't manage the team when the game was there to be won.
Compare that to the rest of the team and see why he has a certain level of responsibility.

Compare our other premiership winners and former test players. Against their opposites in Fifita and Woods

Fangs

Coach
I can't believe people actually think our props effort was acceptable

Ehh not me.

Leota was alright.

Tamou getting alot of applause on here, but I was unhappy with his first half. Only marginally quicker than Merrin getting back onside.

Merrin, lets not speak about him again.

RCG. We know he is quality, but he has been a shadow of his former self since returning from injury.

McKendry on one leg would have offered more.

mxlegend99

Referee
So your issue is not that he bagged a player out. But that he didnt bag more out?

Honestly of all the poor performances his was the worst. Leota, Tamou and Mez making f**k all metres isnt unexpected. Jimmy being that bad in a big match is. I think wr all expect big things from Jimmy. Who expects it from Tamou, Mez or Leota? A decdng game from them isjust a pleasant surprise.

Honestly the list of players who played well is extremely short. But Jimmy was involved in most of the big negative plays against us.

He had 2 poor reads which cost us tries. Have away a penalty that cost us 2 points. Dropped an easy pass off a break to kill momentum. In a game we went on to lose by a field goal.

TheFrog

Coach
Gridler called it as he saw it. Muscle up
But he didn't call it the previous week, or the week before that, when Maloney played well and we won. He waits for a bad performance. He appears to be agenda driven, which when having just been eliminated from the 2018 premiership, is in absolutely no way helpful, nor was it last year when he did exactly the same thing but with a different target.

OldPanther

Coach
But he didn't call it the previous week, or the week before that, when Maloney played well and we won. He waits for a bad performance. He appears to be agenda driven, which when having just been eliminated from the 2018 premiership, is in absolutely no way helpful, nor was it last year when he did exactly the same thing but with a different target.

He's on radio and TV every week. I think you've just missed the good he would've said over that time because it's not posted on here.