What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Grade Knights v Warriors

NthKnight

I beg to differ.

I watched closely last season when Tighe was copping it for never passing, and McManus certainly did himself no favours.

We'll have to agree to disagree then JM cause I think Tighe was a nuffy when it came to tactical decisions like when and when not to pass, he was particularly bad during the Panfas v Roiders game.

Johns Magic

Referee
We'll have to agree to disagree then JM cause I think Tighe was a nuffy when it came to tactical decisions like when and when not to pass, he was particularly bad during the Panfas v Roiders game.

Don't get me wrong, I know Tighe's no Matt Gidley when it comes to setting up his winger. He was much more of a hole-runner. All I was saying was that I didn't rate McManus's support play last year either.

Happy to agree to disagree.

Karmawave

Bench
Yes, McManus over-running of his centre is nothing new this year.

I've noticed a few people here have been suggesting McManus is such a hard worker on his game, and committed to improving that he will get it right.

Didn't he have the whole offseason to learn to stand a bit deeper in supporting his centre?

How hard is that to learn anyway?

Pika

Bench
No idea.

Its a back thing.

They are strange species.......

If it were a forward, you could just beat it into him.

Backs have feelings.... sensitive flowers.

:)

randy chicken

Juniors
I cant believe all this crap about mcmanus....lil pup is ALWAYS INJURED....ROVE PLAYED EVERY GAME LAST YEAR........with decent centres and some combination (which takes time ) he will again score a heap of tries.. >>>>who is better value for money????....by decent centres i mean players with combination and experience playing together...give them time it will develop.....mullen and dureau for example ...they have played together in all graes and schollboy for years...it just doesnt happen overnight.:cool:

League_God

Juniors
mc-anus, never gets any balls from houston or wes because im telling you, he will be ran down within 10 metres even if it is a huge opening its like having sarge out on the wing, its ridiculous. i dont care what anyone else thinks anymore, he is tooooooo f**king slow.
someone watch him this weekend and tell me he isnt slow.

Karmawave

Bench
he was slow last year, then decided to put on 8 kg. wtf?

I think the extra 8kg was meant to work as some sort of anchor to weigh him down and prevent him from over-running his centres ;-)

You know anchor him a bit deeper in attack :lol:

Bicey_18

Bench
How many here think that the Warriors will towel us up? Honestly...

I have no doubts that they could win this game.. coming off a huge loss, home crowd.. I just dont get the feeling we will get smashed as some of the experts are predicting.

Its funny because most of them have tipped us to be belted the last 2 weeks... Manly and Parra were supposed to win easily..

Smith said we are starting to develop some self-respect within the club after last year.. and that in turn should turn into respect from the other clubs.. but it seems hard to please most people.. we have won 2/3, our loss was a GP loss to Parra at Parra.. Thats a pretty good start to a season.. But it will mean nothing if we lose our way now and lose by plenty this week. I for one dont think we will be smashed.. I think someone said it before that we will get away from the Warriors in the final 10..and though it mightnt change peoples opinions on the club and how we will go this season.. but it will continue to build up the confidence..

roopy

Referee
How many here think that the Warriors will towel us up? Honestly...

I have no doubts that they could win this game.. coming off a huge loss, home crowd.. I just dont get the feeling we will get smashed as some of the experts are predicting.

Its funny because most of them have tipped us to be belted the last 2 weeks... Manly and Parra were supposed to win easily..

Smith said we are starting to develop some self-respect within the club after last year.. and that in turn should turn into respect from the other clubs.. but it seems hard to please most people.. we have won 2/3, our loss was a GP loss to Parra at Parra.. Thats a pretty good start to a season.. But it will mean nothing if we lose our way now and lose by plenty this week. I for one dont think we will be smashed.. I think someone said it before that we will get away from the Warriors in the final 10..and though it mightnt change peoples opinions on the club and how we will go this season.. but it will continue to build up the confidence..
How the Warriors start favourites is beyond me.
We have had three good games and are getting better with every minute on the field - and without Price they look like they couldn't beat our NSW cup side.
They are an unpredictable side who could come out and beat us, but it defies logic that they are favourites.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Bicey_18 said:
I think someone said it before that we will get away from the Warriors in the final 10..and though it mightnt change peoples opinions on the club and how we will go this season.. but it will continue to build up the confidence..
That was me ;-)

On the game, I don't think we'll get towelled up, but in saying that, playing back to back golden point games is a bit of a concern as to how well we're going to back up after you combine that with the travel of going to New Zealand.

Rich102

Staff member
He was strong close to the line, busting tackles to score on nearly every occasion he was given the oportunity.

How many wingers in the NRL actually set up tries? Sweet f**k all and more to the point it is not their job to do so, their job is to finish them off which is what Jimmy does well close in. Besides its hard to score tonnes of tries when you have the likes of one B. Tighe inside you, he was lucky to get the opportunities he did.

Manu Vatuvei! Watch on Sunday!

Bicey_18

Bench
That was me ;-)

On the game, I don't think we'll get towelled up, but in saying that, playing back to back golden point games is a bit of a concern as to how well we're going to back up after you combine that with the travel of going to New Zealand.

Thought so :lol:

Frederick

Staff member
Penalty count 4-0 against us 12 minutes into the game...love your work De Las Heras :thumb

Karmawave

Bench
All the McManus fans who rave about his positives ( such as his defence ) - might want to check out the first Warriors try.

Karmawave

Bench
Penalty count 4-0 against us 12 minutes into the game...love your work De Las Heras :thumb

Well its not like the penalties shouldn't have been awarded?

The penalty count is deserved really.

The Knights can get away with their ruck play only against certain refs.
Tony doesn't look like one of them.

Latest posts