What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Grade V Doggies

Its a big call, Asostosi, Mason, and O'Meley are absolutely fantastic players I think our players maybe able to contain them but we must have someone literally standing right next to Joey and I'd have to say simpson would be the best option to do his tackling for him.

antonius

Coach
Sir Knight82 said:
Its a big call, Asostosi, Mason, and O'Meley are absolutely fantastic players I think our players maybe able to contain them but we must have someone literally standing right next to Joey and I'd have to say simpson would be the best option to do his tackling for him.
They played well against the Tigers yes, I think you are underestimating our guys resolve. I just hope Hages gets the Quinn replacement right. I have a bad feeling it's going to be Tighe on the wing, and that isn't his best spot, if Tighe must play then Tighe centre and Carmont wing would be better than the reverse of that.

RB30DETT

Juniors
roopy said:
He will run into a little bloke called Johns then.
Part of the plan to cut down on Johns' workload for the end of last season and the start of this is to stand him next to Carmont in defence.
it gives him less work to do and blokes up a hole in our defence as well.

He will do a fair bit of defence then.

Dogs v Knights games are funny.

When the Dogs are expected to win, they lose.

antonius

Coach
  1. Milton Thaiday
  2. Brian Carney
  3. Matthew Gidley
  4. George Carmont
  5. David Seage
  6. Kurt Gidley
  7. Andrew Johns (C)
  8. Craig Smith
  9. Danny Buderus
  10. Josh Perry
  11. Steve Simpson
  12. Kirk Reynoldson
  13. Reegan Tanner
Interchange:
  1. Adam Woolnough
  2. Daniel Tolar
  3. Riley Brown
  4. Todd Lowrie
Good to see that both Kidley and Perry have been cleared with Seage being named as Quinns replacement.

Johns Magic

Referee
Sir Knight82 said:
El Magics already scored 5 tries you fool! His a scoring machine elusive and f**king hard to tackle.

Our forward pack is as good full strength? You genuienly are dreaming. As good as Smith is do you really think his a match for O'Meley or Asostosi at this stage of his career? Perry Certainly isnt.

Simpson is the only player of the calibre of their big 4 in our forward pack at the moment, clint may have the potential but is still yards off.

For gods sack PK, their forward pack would monster anyone if they are firing at the moment and they arent even at full strength!

I think we can contain them but its going to take an inhuman effort.

The way you talk El Masri up you'd think he'd be making the Aussie side this year. He scored 4 tries last week, doesn't mean he's that good all the time. Utai is far more dangerous than El Masri. El Masri plays smart footy, he relies on his positional play in attack. He won't let you down, but he won't break a game like so many other wingers are capable of doing.

If you are including Andrew Ryan in their 'big 4' then I can honestly say that I'd choose Newton and Smith over him every day of the week. A very average player, lucky to have ever pulled on a rep jersey.

Roy

Juniors
Johns Magic If you are including Andrew Ryan in their 'big 4' then I can honestly say that I'd choose Newton and Smith over him every day of the week. A very average player said:

Bicey_18

Bench
Interesting stat i pulled up.... of our past 14 matches.. Newy has scored the 1st point in 12 of them, so we always get away to a good start against them, we will need to keep it going though this time however

Johns Magic said:
The way you talk El Masri up you'd think he'd be making the Aussie side this year. He scored 4 tries last week, doesn't mean he's that good all the time. Utai is far more dangerous than El Masri. El Masri plays smart footy, he relies on his positional play in attack. He won't let you down, but he won't break a game like so many other wingers are capable of doing.

If you are including Andrew Ryan in their 'big 4' then I can honestly say that I'd choose Newton and Smith over him every day of the week. A very average player, lucky to have ever pulled on a rep jersey.

Mate El Magic is good for atleast 10-12 points a game.

His goal kicking is second to none, he's tricky in attack and stable in defence and under a highball.

You are a fool if you rate Utai over him, Utai's ball skills are below average and dreadful under a highball, plus people are well aware of his bollocking runs and they are pretty much shut down these days.

El Magic wont break a game? Your f**king kidding, how many tries has he scored to lift them and how many goals has a he kicked thats sinched the match for them? They arent calling for a sky blue jumper for him for nothing.

The big 4 are obviously Roy, Shrek, Mason and SBW.

Why are you categorising Newton in the same class as Simpson? Newton is comming good now, but before last year he was extremely average for us, Simo has been class for the last 5 years.

Newton still needs to concentrate on ball control and defence and even when he does get that right he will never be as good as simpson. - Simo's a freak.

Mate dont argue with me for the sake of arguing with me okay, its just immature.

Yosh

Coach
i rekon before this years out, newton will be just as good as simpson. like newton kinda runs like ben kennedy, and like his defence is good enough. simpson is godlike but i rekon newton will get better then him. and also, might sound really stupid but i rekon with in the next 2 years josh perry will become the best prop in the league. with brian smith coming in and all, fix up his attitude and stuff...

anyways i put like 231049384 dollars of bets on for this game, i better get something out of it...

Johns Magic

Referee
Sir Knight82 said:
Mate El Magic is good for atleast 10-12 points a game.

His goal kicking is second to none, he's tricky in attack and stable in defence and under a highball.

You are a fool if you rate Utai over him, Utai's ball skills are below average and dreadful under a highball, plus people are well aware of his bollocking runs and they are pretty much shut down these days.

El Magic wont break a game? Your f**king kidding, how many tries has he scored to lift them and how many goals has a he kicked thats sinched the match for them? They arent calling for a sky blue jumper for him for nothing.

The big 4 are obviously Roy, Shrek, Mason and SBW.

Why are you categorising Newton in the same class as Simpson? Newton is comming good now, but before last year he was extremely average for us, Simo has been class for the last 5 years.

Newton still needs to concentrate on ball control and defence and even when he does get that right he will never be as good as simpson. - Simo's a freak.

Mate dont argue with me for the sake of arguing with me okay, its just immature.

Firstly, I'm not just arguing with you for the sake of it, I've never been a fan of El Masri's. Look at his metres gained per match. They'd be lucky to average above 80. Goalkicking doesn't make you a better winger.

Kicking a goal isn't breaking a match, I obviously meant in play. He is incapable of making a full-field break or running over 5 players like Utai is. That is game-breaking. Not being on the end of a good pass and strolling over from 5 metres out.

They aren't calling for him to play in the sky blue at all. I will stop posting on LU for the rest of the year if he gets chosen.

Newton was extremely average in '04? He was great at the end of the season. I never categorised him in the same league as Simpson, I just categorised him above Ryan. For the record, you can't compare Newton and Simpson's values to our team, as they play different roles. Simpson is the defensive workhorse whilst Newton is a tackle-breaking metre-eater.
Newton has the potential to be as good as Simpson if you ask me.

Ben

Bench
El Masri can be described by one word - Reliability. You know that he get the job done when he is given a task. His point scoring feats speak for themselves. That being said, El Masri is not the type of player that will go streaking down the field scoring eighty metre tries. You give him the ball five metres out and he will undoubtedly go over. You also have to cut off the aerial chances because he is brilliant in the air, if not one of the best in the competition.

Utai is the complete opposite to El Masri. He doesn't play safe and chances his arm everytime you give him a sniff. He is all guts and determination and will do his absolute best to break the line. Just watch the Roosters and Bulldogs match from a while ago. He won the game for the Dogs by steam rolling and dodging three or four Roosters defenders.

To me both are dynamic and have to be shut down for us to win the game. Also, we got to hope that El Masri doesn't have his kicking boots on.

keeney

First Grade
El masri can have good games, but the thing is, and always has been, goalkicking is the main reason he is in the team, he isn't quick, and has no elusive scoring/line break ability. Having said that he's certainly not bad, he can catch and run and defend as expected of an average run of the mill winger. But saying he is anywhere near Utai is ridiculous. Utai is what you would want in a winger, speed, strength and the ability to find the line.

Latest posts