What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Grade V Doggies

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Might be a case of drawing short straws or playing scissors, paper, rock :lol:

Actually, it might be a very good idea to have Seage in the team. In defence him and Milton can swap. Eg Seagey's ability under the high ball is better than Milton's at this point in time.

RABK

Referee
Yeh but can Seage make a line break everytime he returns the ball like Milton seems to do? No.

Milton is our fullback and rightly so.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I don't have a problem with Milton being our fullback, I just think if Seagey is included in the team, he would be the better option in defusing bombs. U will get no arguments from me RE Milton's line break ability.

Johns Magic

Referee
Jobdog said:
I don't have a problem with Milton being our fullback, I just think if Seagey is included in the team, he would be the better option in defusing bombs. U will get no arguments from me RE Milton's line break ability.

More than half of Thaiday's line-breaks come from kick-returns...

Jobdog

Live Update Team
That may be true, but I still think he is suspect under the high ball. Obviously over time, he will get better, but if Seage is in the team, why not use him.

Johns Magic

Referee
Jobdog said:
That may be true, but I still think he is suspect under the high ball. Obviously over time, he will get better, but if Seage is in the team, why not use him.

Because once Thaiday catches the ball, he makes a break 9 times out of 10. Seage doesn't.

Pure_Knight

Juniors
Whoever comes in will be marking el masri not utai so thats a little less to worry about. Utai is the left winger, Carney is our right winger and wont be moved therefore we will have carney marking up against utai. Shall be the first real test for carney defensively and im sure hes up too it. I wud prefer have seage on the wing then tighe, but mind you i wud rather have tighe in the centres then carmont.
It wud be really handy having newton, abraham and davico back for this game, everyone is giving the bulldogs forward pack raps but ours it fullstrength is as good if not better.

Tighe

Juniors
Carney on Utai is a great match up.

Both of them are quick stocky wingers who will back themselves.

Bring on Friday night.

Roy

Juniors
i say bring back the knight ryder to end all this argument over seage an tighe..........

I think tighe looked realy out of place playing wing, as someone said he looks like a brent tate playing wing, everyone is saying how great seage's defence is i have never seen him defend on the wing before. I would go for tighe though he is just so great in attack an only facing hazem surrender elmasri. If they where marking utai i would like to see cooper in there.

Roy

Juniors
Stranger said:
:lol: thats all we need... justin ryder... Mr Muscle himself :lol:

the speed.....
the agility.....
the step......

the ryder......

:lol: :lol:

RABK

Referee
They'd be stupid not to, but no doubt Simpson will be out there ready to rattle Asotasi's cage.

roopy

Referee
RB30DETT said:
Word is that the Dogs plan on playing Asotasi out wider so he can run at carmont.
He will run into a little bloke called Johns then.
Part of the plan to cut down on Johns' workload for the end of last season and the start of this is to stand him next to Carmont in defence.
it gives him less work to do and blokes up a hole in our defence as well.

Johns Magic said:
I'd prefer to see Tighe at centre too, but are you saying you would prefer Carmont to have to mark Utai in defence?

2. Carney
3. Gidley
4. Tighe
5. Cooper

That should've been our backline for this week.

Why we've been caning with the team we had.

Everyones more then done their job.

Johns Magic said:
More than half of Thaiday's line-breaks come from kick-returns...

Exactly open space is were he is most dangerous as it gives him time to size up where best to inject himself.

Pure_Knight said:
Whoever comes in will be marking el masri not utai so thats a little less to worry about. Utai is the left winger, Carney is our right winger and wont be moved therefore we will have carney marking up against utai. Shall be the first real test for carney defensively and im sure hes up too it. I wud prefer have seage on the wing then tighe, but mind you i wud rather have tighe in the centres then carmont.
It wud be really handy having newton, abraham and davico back for this game, everyone is giving the bulldogs forward pack raps but ours it fullstrength is as good if not better.

El Magics already scored 5 tries you fool! His a scoring machine elusive and f**king hard to tackle.

Our forward pack is as good full strength? You genuienly are dreaming. As good as Smith is do you really think his a match for O'Meley or Asostosi at this stage of his career? Perry Certainly isnt.

Simpson is the only player of the calibre of their big 4 in our forward pack at the moment, clint may have the potential but is still yards off.

For gods sack PK, their forward pack would monster anyone if they are firing at the moment and they arent even at full strength!

I think we can contain them but its going to take an inhuman effort.

antonius

Coach
I agree with the Tolar reference, I've mentioned in one of the post match raider threads that he was and has been one of our best. I disagree with sticking Cooper on the wing, I would definately have Seage there, Cooper for all his size just doesn't use it to full effect, and is not that brilliant positionally either, it may just be me but he never seems to really extend himself in games. To Knight82 Perry has been in his best form for years so far this year, the same with Wooly, and with Smith, Simmo, Tolar, and Reyno, I think we will match the dogs forwards.

Latest posts