What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

first grade v penrith

roopy

Referee
Newsroom
First Grade Team Round 23

Tuesday, 14 August 2007 - Newcastle Knights

KNIGHTS v PANTHERS
EnergyAustralia Stadium
Round 23
Sunday 19 August, 2007
FIRST GRADE
Coach: Brian Smith

1. Kurt Gidley
  2. James McManus
  3. Brad Tighe
  4. George Carmont
  5. Cooper Vuna
  6. Chris Bailey
  7. Luke Walsh
  8. Jesse Royal
  9. Danny Buderus (C)
  10. Steve Simpson
  11. Zeb Taia
  12. Daniel Abraham
  13. Reegan Tanner
Interchange:
  1. Michael Young
  2. Cory Paterson
  3. Mitchell Sargent
  4. Adam Woolnough

roopy

Referee
Obviously they are having a good look at where Simmo plays best.

I thought lock worked really well last week.

The bench is quality - pity about the starting side.

Jono078

Referee
Positives:
Buderus is back
Paterson is back
Bench is solid
Reynoldson is gone

Negatives:
Still sh*t centres
Reegan Tanner walks into the starting lineup somehow
Simpson playing 3 diff posi's in as many weeks, I doubt he'll be happy about that

I'm gonna go with Panthers winning 32-22

Misanthrope

Staff member
Good to see Buderus back for our crunch game. If we win this, we ensure that the Panthers take home the wooden spoon.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
That team aint that bad. The only worrying thing really is if Tighe and Carmont's defence can keep out Jennings and Blair.

perverse

Referee
if that team actually turns up instead of running out there and slapping against the panthers like floppy c*cks then we can win this one, and win it well. it's the best team we've had in weeks.. maybe even months.

definitely experimenting with simmo - and yeah i thought he was excellent from lock last week.

wtf @ tanner? i ran out of ideas as to how he keeps popping up in the starting side long ago...

Serc

First Grade
I'll put up with Tanner for a few weeks just once more if it means Reynoldson doesn't get a start :p *cough* I'd like to make sure we resign Dureau *cough*

Burwood

Bench
Very surprised at Reynoldson's non-selection. Despite Smith's claim that the team would be selected on form, I can't quite see Tanner being above him in the pecking order. He has now made his intentions crystal clear and, while I have no problems with it, I hope that he has talked things through with Buderus and Simpson yesterday/today. It would be a pity to see the bridges that they just repaired crumble again because their bestest buddy wasn't named in the side..

macavity

Referee
Tanner is there to keep Reyno out.

thats it.

our centre pairing is still the worst in the comp.

Burwood

Bench
Benjinho Rugby Club said:
damn it, joey's out again

Little known fact- he had a clause in his contract that stipulated the club had to pay him $700,000 for '08 if he played in 3 or more games. Smith is trying to shaft him so that we only need to pay him $500,000.

Burwood said:
Little known fact- he had a clause in his contract that stipulated the club had to pay him $700,000 for '08 if he played in 3 or more games. Smith is trying to shaft him so that we only need to pay him $500,000.

lol, well that changes my opinion of joey completely, he's just greedy. Another good move by B.Smith

freeridermx

Juniors
i think dureau was unlucky to miss out i think he should be in over walsh after how he played last weekend. oh well