What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

first grade v penrith

Jono078

Referee
GAME: Newcastle Knights v Penrith Panthers
DATE: Sunday 19th August 2007
Venue: EnergyAustralia Stadium
NRL Kick Off: 3pm [Ch9]
Referee:
Jason Robinson
Colour: Yellow
Sideline Officials:
Mohamad Fajajo
Steve Lyons
Video Referee: Paul Simpkins

Hmm, Robinson isnt the best ref, if you can stay on his good side we should be alright.

perverse

Referee
macavity said:
Bedsy is 99% certain to NOT play

make room for that spoon, guys...
where you hear this mac?

buderus may have qualms with smith.. but i find it hard to believe he would resign the club to a spoon because of sour grapes.. is it really his injury keeping him out of games now? the buderus i know would play with his intestines falling out to help the club avoid another spoon.

macavity

Referee
In the Herald today, yes its his knee. no lateral movement, is having an MRI today.

reading between the lines, we may not see him for the rest of the year, depending on the results of that MRI.

Reyno is meeting with the club today too, and my take is that depending on the result there, he will (if he signs a reduced contract) or wont (if he doesnt) play another game this year.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
RE: Bedsy.

Fan.

f**king.

Tastic.

Though, it doesnt necessarily mean we'll get the spoon. Im sure the Roosters and the Warriors can beat Penrith

Jobdog

Live Update Team
If Buderus doesn't play, which it sounds like he wont, then yes, you will smash us. As for smashing the Roosters - :lol: :lol: :lol:

griffo346

First Grade
:lol: buderus isnt the only one that can tackle Jobdog so defence would be shot anyway as for attack i agree he is the master of that for your team to be competitive :p

i will put a carton on it that we beat you by 20+ Jobdog

Jono078

Referee
All those people that said when Johns retired that we would get the spoon are about to be proved correct :(

Although so many other factors going into it.

Deadset, injuries worse than 2005 and that year we had no money or resources, WTF!

perverse

Referee
Jono078 said:
All those people that said when Johns retired that we would get the spoon are about to be proved correct :(

Although so many other factors going into it.

Deadset, injuries worse than 2005 and that year we had no money or resources, WTF!
the sad thing is that if we do get the spoon - all anyone will remember is these 4 facets of this year:

1. Johns retires
2. Brian Smith takes over
3. Miscellaneous turmoil
4. Knights get spoon

Jobdog

Live Update Team
griffo346 said:
:lol: buderus isnt the only one that can tackle Jobdog so defence would be shot anyway as for attack i agree he is the master of that for your team to be competitive :p

i will put a carton on it that we beat you by 20+ Jobdog
Well, Buderus is no chance of playing. With that taken into consideration, did I, or did I not, say that Penrith will beat us by 20+ if he doesn't, hence making your "bet" null and void

~knights~

Juniors
ok likely changes to squad

Riley Brown in for Buderus
Stephen Gordon on standby for Mcmanus

and J.perry hasn't been named due to a hamstring injury but could be included later in the week

Source:today's Newcastle Herald

Serc

First Grade
You would assume Seu Seu will step up to join Youngy in the same role as previous weeks, they've done alright :)

~knights~

Juniors
riley will fill in for danny ....you can count on it

even saw him training at dummyhalf with the team on the news tonight