What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno

taipan

Referee
No. The board should have waited until ASADA cleared Flanagan. Bringing him back again will only make them look foolish if they have to sack him again.

Crap.He would not have been reinstated if their were any nagging doubts.Hardly a spur of the moment decision.

Flannos back,the world seems a nicer place ATM

CrazyTiger

Juniors
Crap.He would not have been reinstated if their were any nagging doubts.Hardly a spur of the moment decision.
It is mindless populism. The guy was in charge of a team that remains accused of systematic doping. He is either incompetent or involved (turning a blind eye is worse than being involved).

If he has turned a blind eye then he will be remembered as the bloke who killed Cronulla. The bloke is a chump not a hero.

Flannos back,the world seems a nicer place ATM
Apparently he wants the rest of his cronies back as well

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...h-shane-flanagan/story-e6frexrr-1226603104218

"I’d like to see the other staff come back," he said.

The guy would like to reinstall the people who put you into this predicament in the first place. FMD.

Last edited:
It is mindless populism. The guy was in charge of a team that remains accused of systematic doping. He is either incompetent or involved (turning a blind eye is worse than being involved).

You do realise that the review that recommended he be reinstated was done by an independent company, Grant Thornton International, dont you?

CRONULLA coach Shane Flanagan insists he has no hard feelings towards the board who stood him down from the job for two weeks and is just looking forward to overseeing his first match in charge of the Sharks this season.
Flanagan was re-instated as head coach at a board meeting on Friday morning and will resume his duties immediately to prepare the team for Sunday's clash with the Warriors at Sharks Stadium.
New Cronulla chairman Glenn Coleman said the decision was made after a review by business advisory firm Grant Thornton International, which assessed Flanagan's performance during the period in 2011 when controversial sports scientist Stephen Dank was involved with the club.
"After reviewing the findings of the report, I can announce today that the board of the Sharks has reinstated Shane Flanagan with immediate effect. Importantly, the board and Shane have agreed that new managament practices must be implemented in the future with specific reference to operations and responsibilities required of him as head coach of the club."We are very pleased that we have been able to work through these issues with Shane and we have reached agreement on a way forward for the coaching program."
Advertisement
Flanagan said he accepted the board's decision and refused to discuss the fate of the four football club staff sacked two weeks ago."They have had a duty and they have had to over the last couple of weeks do what they have done and get all the information and they came to that conclusion of what they had to do," Flanagan said.
"I am here now and I am grateful for that."My focus now is on the players, Sunday's game and the season ahead. It has been a tough couple of weeks for so many people. It has been terrible has been hard on family, friends and players. I am glad we have been able to sort this out."
Flanagan denied he had any contact with St George Illawarra about replacing Steve Price as coach. Ironically, Flanagan knocked back an offer worth double his contract to join Sunday's opponents, the Warriors, to remain loyal to the Sharks.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...harks-coach-20130322-2gjl6.html#ixzz2OFKN2bkq

Well I hope that if he is given extra responsibilities he is given a salary package commensurate to the role. Let's face it - he doesn't even get paid enough for the job he is doing superbly and some other clubs obviously recognise that.

CrazyTiger

Juniors
You do realise that the review that recommended he be reinstated was done by an independent company, Grant Thornton International, dont you?

I do. He has also apparently admitted to his management failures (if you take him at his word). A well run club would have put a bullet in the back of his head. The bloke was in charge of the team while the doping shit was going on. It is unforgivable.

And as for wanting the rest of those involved back, does that not say something about his appalling lack of judgement!

newman

First Grade
Please give a run down Poss. Please also advise us how many times;

Graham says "hmmmmmm"
Gav Robbo is an annoying, blathering dickhead
How many basic mistakes a newsreader makes

newman

First Grade
I do. He has also apparently admitted to his management failures (if you take him at his word). A well run club would have put a bullet in the back of his head. The bloke was in charge of the team while the doping shit was going on. It is unforgivable.

And as for wanting the rest of those involved back, does that not say something about his appalling lack of judgement!

Get out of the sharks forum and get a life you pathetic piece of shit troll.

Are you saying that the recommendation to reinstate him by an independent company is, and I quote, "mindless populism"?

Ausguy

Coach
Please give a run down Poss. Please also advise us how many times;

Graham says "hmmmmmm"
Gav Robbo is an annoying, blathering dickhead
How many basic mistakes a newsreader makes

Summed it up pretty good.

Gavin is the biggest soft c**k. I swear he could walk in on his wife being plowed by his best mate and he would offer him a drink.

In what mental institution does CrazyTiger reside? I wonder if we can get the Internet switched off or failing that if they could put him in solitary? The guy is totally irrational!

CrazyTiger

Juniors
Are you saying that the recommendation to reinstate him by an independent company is, and I quote, "mindless populism"?

It is a little more complicated than that. They have to assume he is innocent with regards to what happens with ASADA and take him at his word, Cronulla do not. Cronulla is fighting for its survival and can't afford to take this guy at his word. He may turn out to be as dumb as dog shit as he claimes or he is in it up to his ears. Either way Cronulla can't afford to carry this guy.

He was part of the cancer and should be cut out accordingly. It is about survival.

Poss

Juniors
~ Very hard on family etc.
~ Thinks the players have been tremendous. But still some things to work on particularly coming out of Mondays game. Did things at 80-90%.
~ Update on ASADA is still 8 weeks or so from being resolved.
~ Seen some of the players today. It was their massage day. Got a lot of text messages etc. Excited for tomorrows session.
~ Wasnt calm watching the 2 games. Plenty of language coming from the box on Monday night.
~ Sharp did a great job taking over.
~ New recruits have been very vocal and a real key to binding the group strong through hard times. Heighno, Lewis, BRyan, Gordon, Ross etc stood up as leaders to help the 2011 squad in difficult times
~ Has spoke to Snowden and JSmith and they have massive concerns. Smith didnt want to leave. His heart was at Sharks but family forced move.

Poss

Juniors
Graham says "hmmmmmm" - x14
Gav Robbo is an annoying, blathering dickhead - Check
How many basic mistakes a newsreader makes - News to come. Stay tuned.

taipan

Referee

Do you actually understand what an independent managment consultancy revue does,and do you believe they make recommendations based on populism?

No it suggests he has a far better idea of the expertise of the others involved with his team over the years,prior to this crap.

Still failing to come to terms with the development approval,and remaining hell bent in point scoring.

Last edited:
FFS this CT genius. Boring

1. You didn't answer the question asked. Just wasting oxygen with more irrelevant pseudo analysis

2. Flanagan agreed that there were management issues, NOT admitted any to any failing.

3. F**k off

Can somebody remind me how do you do that thing so you can block all posts from whoever you select

Latest posts