What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

Juniors
Junior Amone's sentencing happening today - I'm thinking good behaviour bond, fined heavily, ordered to pay for all costs to injured tradie. NRL to pose massive ban as well and so too the Dragons. Part of period for ban already done during stand down.
I'd be very surprised to see him receive a good behaviour bond considering the charges. Community expectation would be that he receive a custodial sentence and he lost his early plea discount.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I like Flanno's suggestion of swapping Lomax and Sloan around during games for fullback. That would be an awesome tactic to use. If Saints still had Sullivan, that would also work with swapping him around during games with Hunt at hooker. Have the teams guessing.

The fact we have a coach that is thinking of things like this already with the squad is top shelf. I think Flanno is going to try and get the best he can out of these blokes and if they fail Saints will have plenty of cash to replace them.

I think Sua' is a great player but he can find and injury or suspension too often for my liking. But then again being suspended is not hard wearing the red V. They cannot even pat a ref on the backside without getting a week suspended. Have you noticed since then how many players touch refs and get nothing? Poor Tyson.

Illusion

Bench
I like Flanno's suggestion of swapping Lomax and Sloan around during games for fullback. That would be an awesome tactic to use. If Saints still had Sullivan, that would also work with swapping him around during games with Hunt at hooker. Have the teams guessing.

The fact we have a coach that is thinking of things like this already with the squad is top shelf. I think Flanno is going to try and get the best he can out of these blokes and if they fail Saints will have plenty of cash to replace them.

I think Sua' is a great player but he can find and injury or suspension too often for my liking. But then again being suspended is not hard wearing the red V. They cannot even pat a ref on the backside without getting a week suspended. Have you noticed since then how many players touch refs and get nothing? Poor Tyson.
Been saying the swapping thing for the last two years , but now we don't have Sully but do have Flanno's son so for me the sook Hunt can move from 7 and 9 once we get our half's sorted .......

Dragon David

First Grade
Been saying the swapping thing for the last two years , but now we don't have Sully but do have Flanno's son so for me the sook Hunt can move from 7 and 9 once we get our half's sorted .......
Shane Flanagan really has to select the team based on prospectively winning games rather than keeping a player like Hunt in the 7 just to keep him happy. If of course Hunt is the 7 because there is nothing else then maybe that is something for Flanno to consider, but he should at least throw some spanners in the works and upset the apple cart by selecting Hunt at either 6 and/or 9 as well. Flanno knows Hunts capabilities and he can play in a couple of positions really well. I'd trial a few positional changes with a few players to see how that would go and if not that good, then revert back to a structure that is the best for the team. No need really for me to say anything as I'm not the Head Coach and Flanno has the runs and experience well and truly on the board - so I'm going to shut my mouth.:)

possm

Coach
I’m reading we would have to swap a Su’a, F Molo or JDB in a bid to get AFB. To me this defeats much of the purpose of bringing him over. We have huge coffers having not landed any decent signings lately. We have a weak squad with little depth. Am I being unreasonable to think we can get Manu and/or Dearden plus AFB for the exchange for our traitor captain??

If things are done right we can have all three for the loss of Hunt and maybe a plodder or two.

Still no signings for Flanno. At what point do we panic?
Ok then, swap Hunt for AFB then we have the outcome that best suits our club. In this way we have plenty left to buy Dearden and a fullback, meaning Lomax can stay at center.

Dragon David

First Grade
Where is this date reported CCD2? I've read on SMH that it was 6 December -

"Amone will be sentenced on December 6. Asked what the outcome meant for his playing career, Tabchouri said: “That is a matter for the NRL integrity commission."
Also this in the recent Foxsports news -

"Amone is facing jail time and will be sentenced on December 6, and best case scenario he’ll receive a lengthy suspension from the NRL."

Wolfgang90

Juniors
Shane Flanagan really has to select the team based on prospectively winning games rather than keeping a player like Hunt in the 7 just to keep him happy. If of course Hunt is the 7 because there is nothing else then maybe that is something for Flanno to consider, but he should at least throw some spanners in the works and upset the apple cart by selecting Hunt at either 6 and/or 9 as well. Flanno knows Hunts capabilities and he can play in a couple of positions really well. I'd trial a few positional changes with a few players to see how that would go and if not that good, then revert back to a structure that is the best for the team. No need really for me to say anything as I'm not the Head Coach and Flanno has the runs and experience well and truly on the board - so I'm going to shut my mouth.:)
You'd make a great politician DD
You can still keep posting with your mouth shut! (As I hope u do)