What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
With all due respect, this is incorrect....

In the words of one of the better known posters here,

Rome wasn't built in a day....We are no longer signing players for the sake of filling up our roster.
The problem still remains though, our back-up halves are Paul Turner. That's it. That's all we have. We know Flanno wants another half, that's why he was talking to Dearden and Welsby, neither of whom are coming. This has a bad smell about it, and fans have every right to be concerned.

getsmarty

Immortal
The problem still remains though, our back-up halves are Paul Turner. That's it. That's all we have. We know Flanno wants another half, that's why he was talking to Dearden and Welsby, neither of whom are coming. This has a bad smell about it, and fans have every right to be concerned.

I agree.... both those 2 never got past the initial stages... AFB is incredibly disappointing...

Not sure where to from here....

thebigredv

First Grade
We are no longer signing players for the sake of filling up our roster.
That’s exactly what we are doing actually. Eisenhuth and Allen are just depth squad fillers. No vision whatsoever. Just stop gap measures.

Warriors just landed a rep level player who wasn’t even supposed to be moving. Roosters grabbing Union stars. We just hope we can Steve Bradbury it with the AFB signing and investing further the much maligned Hunt. Not giving me great confidence.

getsmarty

Immortal
That’s exactly what we are doing actually. Eisenhuth and Allen are just depth squad fillers. No vision whatsoever. Just stop gap measures.

Warriors just landed a rep level player who wasn’t even supposed to be moving. Roosters grabbing Union stars. We just hope we can Steve Bradbury it with the AFB signing and investing further the much maligned Hunt. Not giving me great confidence.

Eisenhuth and allan are 1 year deals for 24...

AFB a big blow...let's wait and see if we can jag another of the players we have targeted.

thebigredv

First Grade
Wow! What a meltdown.

Were we even seriously looking at Deardon? If you look at Flanno's rhetoric, he wants Hunt to see out his contract with us ie 2025. Not that I'm in favour of that, it's just his preference.

As I commented yesterday in the rumours thread, our focus is on getting one of their forwards.
As for AFB, the Sharks can't match our offer. They simply don't have the cap space.

However, as we all know, there are only 2 certainties in life, and signing a NRL player isn't one of them.
Meltdown only just beginning, baby! What was that about the sharks and AFB?

tired of being told to pipe down when some of those on here have no idea what they are on about when it’s clear to all in sundry that we are rudderless and in despair.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Again if the story's true, I wonder how how much we sacking him played a part in his decision. See taking the moral high ground may have been the right thing to do but not everyone agrees when it's to their benefit.
A lot I’d say. Imagine being fired by a company. You go out, make a name for yourself in another company. Then the company that fired you comes crawling back to take you back. And you turn them down cold and join another company for less. I reckon you couldn’t wipe the smile off AFB’s face.

thebigredv

First Grade
Eisenhuth and allan are 1 year deals for 24...

AFB a big blow...let's wait and see if we can jag another of the players we have targeted.
Getsmarty

come on, admit it. We all want to see Flanagan do great things but he looks a little out of his depth at the helm so far. Talking a mean game but unable to do much in recruitment. Whoever replaced Hook was always going to be up the creek.