What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FnF on hold for Royal Wedding

Wedding or Footy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BunniesMan

Immortal
Why couldn't they put the footy on one of their f**king digital channels. THREE channels, THEY HAVE THREE f**kING CHANNELS. And not one can be spared for footy? 9 is geniused.

Do they seriously think there is any interest in the wedding.

I know many non footy supporters and they are not interested in the wedding.

CH9 are a joke and as soon as they lose the rights the better

smithie

Juniors
To make things even worse, the Sydney Swans vs. Carlton game will be shown LIVE at 7:30pm on 7mate into NSW & QLD.

DC_fan

Coach
Do they seriously think there is any interest in the wedding.

I know many non footy supporters and they are not interested in the wedding.

CH9 are a joke and as soon as they lose the rights the better

Women are interested in the wedding. I know a number of them who will be watching it.

Danish

Referee
Women are interested in the wedding. I know a number of them who will be watching it.

Yeah, the same women who keep great stuff like Woman's Day and Bold and the Beautiful in business and will flock to see Sex and the City 33: aged home edition when it is released in 15 years.

In other words geniuss

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Aren't 9 obliged by the contract to show one FNF game live?

I wonder what will be on GEM/GO, same s**t as usual probably

eelandia

Juniors
Ok you're a monarchist. Fair enough. The point is the initial vote is for the public to decide whether they want to get rid of an outdated monarchy and move into the 21st century. If the Australian people decided that was the way to go then a vote on which type of election for the president would follow and only then would a referendum be called.

We like to think ourselves as an egalitarian society, but a loyal subject will always find an excuse not to cut the apron strings. It is a fear of letting themselves have ultimate rule.

Agree to decide if we want a republic then after that decide the model. Surely we can trust ourselves with that responsibility.

To have this wedding on every FTA channel is overkill, but at least we now have other options (albeit not football) with cable. That is the only saving grace.

BunniesMan

Immortal
All you anti royal wedding people should switch over to 7mate that night. A rare Friday night game for the Swans which will actually be shown live! As well as proving 7 > 9, it's an opportunity for you guys to give AFL a go.

In my perfect world every NRL fan would follow AFL as their 2nd sport and every AFL fan would follow NRL as their 2nd sport. So I advise everyone to switch over to the AFL until the delayed NRL game starts and cheer on the Swans as they smash Carlton.:thumb

For BunniesMan that night will be perfect, the Swans game should finish just as the delayed Souths game is starting....as Charlie Sheen would say, winning!

smithie

Juniors
Aren't 9 obliged by the contract to show one FNF game live?

I wonder what will be on GEM/GO, same s**t as usual probably

Nine: 7pm - Royal Wedding, 8:30pm - Broncos vs. Bulldogs, 10:30pm - Souths vs. Sharks.
GEM: 7pm - Royal Wedding, 11pm - Friends.
GO!: 7:30pm - The Benchwarmers, 9:15pm - Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey.

That's right, the wedding will be simulcast on Nine & GEM.

http://www.yourtv.com.au/guide/fri/

applesauce

Bench
All you anti royal wedding people should switch over to 7mate that night. A rare Friday night game for the Swans which will actually be shown live! As well as proving 7 > 9, it's an opportunity for you guys to give AFL a go.

In my perfect world every NRL fan would follow AFL as their 2nd sport and every AFL fan would follow NRL as their 2nd sport. So I advise everyone to switch over to the AFL until the delayed NRL game starts and cheer on the Swans as they smash Carlton.:thumb

For BunniesMan that night will be perfect, the Swans game should finish just as the delayed Souths game is starting....as Charlie Sheen would say, winning!

GO f**k YOURSELF.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Nine: 7pm - Royal Wedding, 8:30pm - Broncos vs. Bulldogs, 10:30pm - Souths vs. Sharks.
GEM: 7pm - Royal Wedding, 11pm - Friends.
GO!: 7:30pm - The Benchwarmers, 9:15pm - Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey.

That's right, the wedding will be simulcast on Nine & GEM.

http://www.yourtv.com.au/guide/fri/

I guess in their world of ratings winning, they will get a big lead into delayed FNF, the only upside that i can see is a larger than usual audience

docbrown

Coach
They could have even broadcast both live at 8:30pm one on 9 and the other on Go.

I mean honestly a third of the spectrum are going to be carrying the wedding coverage. The audience is going to be fractured.

And 7 & ABC are going to beat 9 in Syd & Bris because they're offering the longer coverage anyhow. 9 is just trying to have an each way bet.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee

Hello Bazza, go drown yourself.

Usain Bolt

Bench
Royal Wedding is edge of your seat stuff

ill be flicking between both just quietly

Last edited:

Latest posts