What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FNF R2 - Panthers v Bulldogs - *Live Scores & Discussion*

murraymob

Coach
LebaneseForces said:
Fair enough if you think that... :lol:

Just for the record I'm willing to say there are MORE Anglo-Australian Bulldogs supporters then Ethnic (Is that what you guys call them these days????) supporters.
Everyone knows Penrith isn't God's gift to Sydney... But if you guys like it:lol:
you say penrith is not gods gift but you fail to mention that belmore was gods gift problem is he was drunk when he said belmore :lol::lol::lol:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Pantherjim. said:
There's no Sleaze factor in it! Scotty is a happily married man with kids of his own. The girls know it's all in good fun. He does it each and every home game and no one seems to have a problem with it aside from you. Why don't you culture a sense of humour? Ask yourself a question; Why would a Ground Announcer be continued to be employed by a Leagues club, while he carried on with the same jokes/antics with the cheer leaders each and every home game if the Girls themselves, their parents or anyone in attendance at Penrith Stadium had a serious issue with those antics?
So referring to cheerleaders backsides repeated times throughout a match and at one point suggesting he'd like to go one is appropriate? I wasn't the only one around that took exception to some of the things he said. I'm entitled to my opinion on him and that opinion is that he's a sleaze. There's a line between "character" and "low-brow comedy".
Pantherjim. said:
He's as dull as ditchwater... I'm thinking about asking him if I can use his voice to make MP3 files to sell to insomniacs.
Aw diddums. Ground announcers are there to do just that. Announce what's going on. Tell us what the score is. Who's on the field, who's off. Ground announcers shouldn't have to encourage the fans to chant... if the fans can't leave that... then who's lacking character. Steve Allen might not be all flair and chit chat but he didn't earn gigs at Finals and Grand Finals by being as dull as dishwater.
Pantherjim. said:
But it's boring.... It sounds as if you've become a corporate pawn... Isn't your club big enough to swing it with Mitsubishi so that you can call yourselves what you're meant to be called? i.e. "The Canterbury Bulldogs"? Isn't it enough to have the corporate logo on your Jersey's and zillions of places at Telstra Stadium?
Awww it's boring. Poor Pamfer Jim. You'll find that all/most teams have naming rights sponsor. You'd probably have a fit if you ever went to EnergyAustralia, they interject with player sponsors during scrums FFS. For the record, and for your future research, Canterbury hasn't been our club name for 8 years. We are simply the "Bulldogs". While you're at it though:
Coal & Allied Knights
LG Sharks
St George Bank Dragons
Samsung Roosters
Pirtek Parramatta Eels
Toyota Cowboys
.... should I go on? Sponsorship is part of our game. If mentioning the sponsors name every now and again helps the game and has money flowing into it, it's a good thing.
Pantherjim. said:
Crappiest Grounds in the N.R.L.?? You're having a laugh yeah? Maybe if you paid the extra money to sit in the terraces or the grandstands instead of on the hill with all the other Dog's wankers that were intent on chanting "Gower's a Wanker!" Over and Over again until 15 mins before full time when you all either p*ssed off back home to Belmore or sat on your hands and looked stupid, you'd have a better appreciation of the facillities and atmosphere at Penrith Stadium.

Your Ground maybe better than ours, but remember; It's hardly yours, and you do share it with another club.
So I'm expecting too much to be able to actually watch a game if I pay for a ticket am I? :roll:
Pantherjim. said:
Yep... Dog's home game isn't it? Should I bring Fire geniusant clothes and a kevlar vest or are you all grown up and over those little infantile antics now? ;-)
:lol: Hadn't gone below the belt enough hey? Maybe I should call you a flanno wearing Pemriff bogan now and call it even?

By the way:

Gower's a wanker.

Timmah

Staff member
murraymob said:
you say penrith is not gods gift but you fail to mention that belmore was gods gift problem is he was drunk when he said belmore :lol::lol::lol:
Not sure he said Belmore was... where do you get that from? You know, assuming make an ASS out of U and ME.

;-)

mxlegend99

Referee
Timmah, just take the loss like a man and stop being such a whiney bitch about things.

Bulldogs sucked. It had nothing to do with the spectators, or the grounds in which they played. It had nothing to do with the announcers or commentators or any comments in which you took offence to.

Your team played like crap and got belted. Accept it and move on. Stop trying to be a complete wanker and insult the area in which your beloved Doggies got owned. I know i'd feel much safer at a Penrith game then a Canterbury game. There's no need for insulting the players either. Regardless of what you think of Gower, why is it relevant at all?

Timmah

Staff member
I've taken the loss, I know we played like sh*t. You're f**king blind or ignorant if you haven't noticed that.

I'm entitled to my opinion and I'm stating it. Don't like it? Good for you.

mx said:
I know i'd feel much safer at a Penrith game then a Canterbury game.
:lol: Pathetic insult.
mx said:
There's no need for insulting the players either. Regardless of what you think of Gower, why is it relevant at all?
Read the argument, you might get it.

mxlegend99

Referee
Timmah said:
I've taken the loss, I know we played like sh*t. You're f**king blind or ignorant if you haven't noticed that.

I'm entitled to my opinion and I'm stating it. Don't like it? Good for you.

:lol: Pathetic insult.

Read the argument, you might get it.
Not blind or ignorant. Just sick of your whining. If you have accepted the loss, why are you going our of your way to throw around insults at the club that you lost to? Sounds like sour grapes to me.

Someone made an observation at the Bulldogs dickheads in the crowd taunting a player and you went and done the same thing on here, most likely as tongue in cheek. At any rate, i still group you in with that crowd.

I guess it must hurt that you're sitting on zero competition points, with the 4th worst for and against in the competition.

Timmah

Staff member
After two rounds? Yeah, mortally wounded :sarcasm:

23 long competition rounds and 4 weeks of gruelling finals still to come buddy. Not getting ahead of myself.

I'm just happy the footy's back ;-)

ouwet

Bench
murraymob said:

OOOOOOOK...

I think you've had ONE to many passion pops son:C: :lol:

hopefully the dogs win next week, i think its a vital game for us, i was really worried after the penrith game, i know its stupid because its only round 2, but i wasnt very impressed with what i saw on friday.

penrith showed that after fridays game, they are pointing towards a top 8 spot this year, and good luck to them, i just hope we can turn things around next week, and do the same.

ouwet

Bench
Timmah said:
After two rounds? Yeah, mortally wounded :sarcasm:

23 long competition rounds and 4 weeks of gruelling finals still to come buddy. Not getting ahead of myself.

I'm just happy the footy's back ;-)

Don't worry mate these losers think 2 rounds make a year... What do you expect when they all support clubs with a culture of losing????

Y2Eel

First Grade
LebaneseForces said:
Don't worry mate these losers think 2 rounds make a year... What do you expect when they all support clubs with a culture of losing????

LOL Losing culture just remember souths they had a losing culture its easy to change... Might hit out belmore way...

Why do the bulldogs play outta telstra these days?

Timmah

Staff member
Because they signed a deal with Stadium management, that's my best guess :sarcasm:

Timmah

Staff member
The place is/was falling apart and IIRC never met the stadium standards set back at the turn of the decade. There have been a couple of attempts of "Back 2 Belmore" but nothing has worked out so far.

The football offices are still located at BSG and we train there but nothing more.

LebaneseForces said:
What do you expect when they all support clubs with a culture of losing????

Better than supporting a club with a culture of cheating, blatant law breaking, destruction of public property, etc.......

Shall I go on?

mattyg

Bench
It would be good if we could play 4-6 of our games at Belmore...those games that just wouldn't draw any more than 15k at Telstra...such as the Raiders, Storm, Cowboys, Warriors etc. If we played them at Belmore it would be packed out with 20k every week, much like the Tigers with Leichardt IMO. That's not going to happen anytime soon though.

Timmah

Staff member
The Mighty Panther said:
Better than supporting a club with a culture of cheating, blatant law breaking, destruction of public property, etc.......

Shall I go on?

:sleeper:

For the record, a culture has to be something instilled in over a period of time.

Instances of cheating: One. 2002.
Instances of blatant law breaking: Three. All in 2006.
Instances of destruction of public property: WTF? Only incident even resembling this was destruction of private property - their own clubs offices... a few upturned chairs and the like.

AND, that line has already been used about 10 times in this argument. Getting quite old now ;-)

mattyg

Bench
I agree with you Timmah...the whole dirty dogs thing is just getting old now. It comes up everytime someone is losing an argument. I wish people would just move the f**k on like all doggies supporters have..

mattyg said:
I agree with you Timmah...the whole dirty dogs thing is just getting old now. It comes up everytime someone is losing an arguement. I wish people would just move the f**k on like all doggies supporters have..

Then tell your mate LebaneseForces to shut the f**k up. After all, he started this tripe with the generalisations about 16-year olds.

Your team got beaten and all he could do was to come up with crap like that.

Latest posts