What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FNF R2 - Panthers v Bulldogs - *Live Scores & Discussion*

Mr Saab

Referee
Timmah said:
:sleeper:

Instances of destruction of public property: WTF? Only incident even resembling this was destruction of private property - their own clubs offices... a few upturned chairs and the like.

Hahaha "and the like"
Care to elaborate a little further on that one?
Noads office was not in the best of condition

Timmah said:
Instances of destruction of public property: WTF? Only incident even resembling this was destruction of private property - their own clubs offices... a few upturned chairs and the like.

Aussie Stadium - Round 3 2004.

Ring any bells?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
TMP - Maybe, depends if you're going to address two fan bases.

Mr Saab said:
Hahaha "and the like"
Care to elaborate a little further on that one?
Noads office was not in the best of condition
Investigating officer were you? How the f**k would you know what it looked like.

:lol: Funny how noone was able to provide responses so it's turned to a typical Bulldog bash thread.

For the record, we've heard it all:

- alleged rape
- salary cap cheating
- dickhead supporters brawling
- SBW trying to neck Joey

:sleeper:

mattyg

Bench
The Mighty Panther said:
Then tell your mate LebaneseForces to shut the f**k up. After all, he started this tripe with the generalisations about 16-year olds.

Your team got beaten and all he could do was to come up with crap like that.

so because he said it, that means you have to say it back?? Mate just get over it. We've all admitted we were trash on friday night, panthers deserved to win and win big. LF said that 16 year olds have bad morals out that way...it's debatable, i won't get into the argument because Penrith is basically my 2nd home with uni/going out, however it doesn't mean that you should come in and bag our team on something that happened several years ago. Going back to 2004...none of us condone that sort of sh*t so why do you impose it on us? We know what happened, and we are over it. Move on

wittyfan

Referee
Edition 1 - StateSUN 11 SEP 2005, Page 051
I am absolutely filthy about the lack of respect - * CEO Malcolm Noad slams his players - BULLDOGS MAD MONDAY DISGRACE
By PETER BADEL

A DRUNKEN Mad Monday incident in the football club offices has a furious Bulldogs boss Malcolm Noad declaring there will
be a major overhaul of disciplinary procedures.
Players upturned office equipment and there were allegations some urinated on desks -- which was denied by Noad -- as the end-of-season bonding session got out of control. A gift to Noad from his daughter was also damaged.
Noad warned that a tough new disciplinary regime would be introduced at Belmore next season amid allegations players also made abusive phone calls. Noad said their actions showed no respect to office staff who support the club and in turn the players.
Speaking to The Sunday Telegraph, Noad confirmed he called a crisis meeting of the squad last Wednesday.
It came 48 hours after a dozen players were allowed into the football office by assistant coach Kevin Moore at around 6am on Monday.
The Sunday Telegraph understands that Sonny Bill Williams, Roy Asotasi and Reni Maitua were the chief protagonists.
When staff walked in the next morning, they thought the office had been robbed.
The Bulldogs boss said that while the damage was not excessive, he was angered by the lack of respect shown by players.
``Essentially it was a practical joke which I've taken extreme offence to because I don't think it shows the appropriate respect for the office staff that support them 24 hours a day,'' Noad said. ``There was no urination, no atrocities, there were no breakages. Still, I am filthy about the incident because of the lack of respect they showed for the staff.
``We're talking two or three guys by the way. They would have thought in the early hours of the morning it was a practical joke.
``They have put a whole lot of paperwork on the table, they've got masking tape and strapped papers to tables, they've taken stuff out of draws, they tied chairs to tables. That's the extent of it, but I took exception to it because that's the working environment of people who support the club.
``I am absolutely filthy about it and I did unload on the players. I talked to them about respect, and the lack of it for people who support them.''
Noad said he would not sack players but warned of a more ruthless regime in 2006.
``I wouldn't sack the players but what will come out of this is an expectation of everyone, from administration to the coaching staff and players, that there will be a far higher regime of discipline in the club next year,'' he said.
``I'm not just talking about discipline for how they conduct themselves in the work environment. I'm talking about discipline towards training, towards the game, all the aspects of the football club.
``I'm not saying the place is undisciplined or the players are terribly undisciplined, but our discipline has slipped.''
Kevin Moore, who had a key to the club and let the players in, defended his decision last night.
``The plan was to keep the guys together and away from the public,'' Moore said, ``The last thing we wanted was another big drama.''

THE REACTION
GEORGE PEPONIS:
"To be honest the whole thing pisses me off. There won't be too many more warnings - the club simply can't and will not tolerate this behaviour. I'm not concerned about the culture of the club but I am concerned about the attitude of certain individuals."

STEVE MORTIMER:
"It's not my role to care anymore. I care about the club but it's up to the current management to address what's going on.
There were some great opportunities to get things right, but they are gone."

GRAEME HUGHES:
"There is some hard work to be done at the club and the only bloke who call pull the place together again is Steve Folkes (coach). I know his character and inner-strength and he is the answer. There is trouble there. I fear for the history and tradition of the Bulldogs unless Folkes does more than just coach the team."

Mr Saab

Referee
Timmah said:
Investigating officer were you? How the f**k would you know what it looked like.

No, it is called a memory of what occured.
Oh and read post 265 you self righteous f**kwit.

Timmah

Staff member
Read and noted. You think it supports your claim?

:lol:

Players upturned office equipment
The Bulldogs boss said that while the damage was not excessive
They have put a whole lot of paperwork on the table, they've got masking tape and strapped papers to tables, they've taken stuff out of draws, they tied chairs to tables. That's the extent of it
... and the gift to Noad's daughter being broken.

The way you're carrying on it's as if you're under the impression they torched the office and pissed all over it to put it out...

I won't even touch the urination allegations - we all know where allegations against the Bulldogs end up.

Timmah

Staff member
Hold on, I'm forgetting. What relevance do any of these events have to NRL Round 2 in 2007?

mattyg said:
so because he said it, that means you have to say it back?? Mate just get over it. We've all admitted we were trash on friday night, panthers deserved to win and win big. LF said that 16 year olds have bad morals out that way...it's debatable, i won't get into the argument because Penrith is basically my 2nd home with uni/going out, however it doesn't mean that you should come in and bag our team on something that happened several years ago. Going back to 2004...none of us condone that sort of sh*t so why do you impose it on us? We know what happened, and we are over it. Move on

Then maybe he/she/it should be reminded about the meaning of the word morality.

Plus he/she/it should realise that if they're dishing it out, then he/she/it must be prepared to take it as well. Sweeping statements - but no back up. On the other hand, the Bulldogs "immoral" misdemeanours are well documented.

Pantherjim.

Referee
Timmah said:
So referring to cheerleaders backsides repeated times throughout a match and at one point suggesting he'd like to go one is appropriate? I wasn't the only one around that took exception to some of the things he said. I'm entitled to my opinion on him and that opinion is that he's a sleaze. There's a line between "character" and "low-brow comedy".

Ahhhhh.... I love it... Political Corectness and Feminazi tendancies comming from a Dogs supporter.... That's rich! :lol:

So how come the Penrith cheerleaders and their parents never take what Scotty has to say with any seriousness?? Hmmm...? :-k

While we're about it, any more whinges?

Timmah said:
Aw diddums. Ground announcers are there to do just that. Announce what's going on. Tell us what the score is. Who's on the field, who's off. Ground announcers shouldn't have to encourage the fans to chant... if the fans can't leave that... then who's lacking character. Steve Allen might not be all flair and chit chat but he didn't earn gigs at Finals and Grand Finals by being as dull as dishwater

The expression is "dull as ditchwater" twit not "dishwater" and he is just that.

Timmah said:
Awww it's boring. Poor Pamfer Jim. You'll find that all/most teams have naming rights sponsor. You'd probably have a fit if you ever went to EnergyAustralia, they interject with player sponsors during scrums FFS. For the record, and for your future research, Canterbury hasn't been our club name for 8 years. We are simply the "Bulldogs". While you're at it though:
Coal & Allied Knights
LG Sharks
St George Bank Dragons
Samsung Roosters
Pirtek Parramatta Eels
Toyota Cowboys
.... should I go on? Sponsorship is part of our game. If mentioning the sponsors name every now and again helps the game and has money flowing into it, it's a good thing.

No sh*t... But why should any club have to put up with being named after a corporation?? Mitsubishi Electric hardly own the Bulldogs, so why should they be called "The Mitsubishi Electric Bulldogs"?? Isn't it enough that you display the corporate logo on your jerseys? That should be all that's required to bring the sponsorship dollars in. After all, that's all that's required at our club to bring our sponsorship dollars in. I'd be as sick as a parrot if I were a Bulldogs fan hearing my club being called "The Mitsubishi Electric Bulldogs"

Timmah said:
So I'm expecting too much to be able to actually watch a game if I pay for a ticket am I? :roll:

Depends if you're actually watching the game or not. If you were one of the wankers on the hill I doubt that you were actually watching the game at all, you were probably just stiring up trouble unlike the real dogs fans who decided not to run with the herd and sit elsewhere in the stadium. Standing in a group on the hill like you were, just reeks of mischeif. At other clubs home grounds, while you're in a pack you all think that you're invincible and threatening, however when split up you're all useless for stirring/trouble making purposes which, is why you all do it. If you were really there to watch the game and not cause trouble, you wouldn't all congregate in the one place.

Timmah said:
:lol: Hadn't gone below the belt enough hey? Maybe I should call you a flanno wearing Pemriff bogan now and call it even?

I don't usually go below the belt with the decent Dogs supporters, however I'm prepared to make an exception with you as you're not a decent Dogs supporter and you've just admitted it with your next idiotic statement.

Timmah said:
By the way:

Gower's a wanker.

Yep, thought so, you were one of those wankers on the hill! :lol:

mattyg

Bench
Pantherjim. said:
Depends if you're actually watching the game or not. If you were one of the wankers on the hill I doubt that you were actually watching the game at all, you were probably just stiring up trouble unlike the real dogs fans who decided not to run with the herd and sit elsewhere in the stadium. Standing in a group on the hill like you were just reeks of mischeif. At other clubs home grounds, while you're in a pack your all invincible and threatening, however when split up you're all useless for stirring/trouble making purposes which, is why you all do it. If you were really there to watch the game and not cause trouble, you wouldn't all congregate in the one place.

ever heard of the concept of a "supporters group"? yeah the Panthers have one that sits on the hill. Just coz they sit on the hill in a big group and chant for their team doesn't mean they are there to start trouble. In fact, last year when i went to EA Stadium and sat in the supporters group with fellow dogs fans, they were talking about how much they hate the troublemakers and that their whole race was being degraded due to the actions of a few idiots. I sat on the 30m line on Friday Night, but i wouldn't of had any problems sitting with the supporters group, however i just preferred to have a seat.

Basically your saying any supporters groups who attend away games and sit on the hill are trouble makers. Thank our fans for coming and boosting your crowd up 8k. If we didn't turn up you's wouldn't have hit 10,000 even.

Timmah

Staff member
I'll ignore the early parts because you're clutching at straws. This I won't let slide:

Pantherjim. said:
Depends if you're actually watching the game or not. If you were one of the wankers on the hill I doubt that you were actually watching the game at all, you were probably just stiring up trouble unlike the real dogs fans who decided not to run with the herd and sit elsewhere in the stadium. Standing in a group on the hill like you were just reeks of mischeif. At other clubs home grounds, while you're in a pack your all invincible and threatening, however when split up you're all useless for stirring/trouble making purposes which, is why you all do it. If you were really there to watch the game and not cause trouble, you wouldn't all congregate in the one place.
Sitting on the hill doesn't equate to being "in the pack". I was sitting toward the front, near the walkway. Therefore I resent the implication that I'm one of the "wankers on the hill". I paid attention the whole game (apart from when I simply couldn't see it due to groups of teenyboppers congregating in the walkway) and attempted to stir up no trouble. The only "rebellious" thing I might have done is chanted along with Gower's a wanker once, and when they chanted Bulldogs. Think what you like about the "pack on the hill" - while yes I sat on the hill, I don't appreciate being labelled as one of them. Far from it.
Pantherjim. said:
I don't usually go below the belt with the decent Dogs supporters, however I'm prepared to make an exception with you as you're not a decent Dogs supporter and you've just admitted it with your next idiotic statement.
Judging someone you've never met. Psychologists dream :lol:
Pantherjim. said:
Yep, thought so, you were one of those wankers on the hill!
So were you one of the tough pack of 10,000 odd Pamfers fans booing Willie Mason?

Real tough :sarcasm:

mxlegend99

Referee
The Doggies supporters definitely helped boost our crowd. I think a great deal of Panthers supporters thought we would get smashed, likewise with Doggies supporters. So it increased one crowd and decreased the other.

Hopefully we get decent home crowds everyweek, and Panthers supporters make up the numbers. We managed in 2003/2004 to fill the stadium. Friday night was the most packed i've seen since back then.

Timmah

Staff member
Having looked around toward the group when arching my neck to look at the big screen, I can pretty much say matty is spot on. They get involved with the game, they're all avidly watching and the most disruptive thing they do apart from chanting about that wanker Gower, is beat their drums... something Pemriff had far more of anyway.

The generalisations are abound in here. Perhaps it's time to cool it?

mattyg

Bench
Yeah, the Northern Hill must have been at capacity. I couldn't see a blade of grass from where i was sitting. A bay on the Eastern Side near the halfway line was almost empty though!! thats what i found a bit strange.

Timmah

Staff member
mattyg said:
Yeah, the Northern Hill must have been at capacity. I couldn't see a blade of grass from where i was sitting. A bay on the Eastern Side near the halfway line was almost empty though!! thats what i found a bit strange.

I mentioned this earlier - absolutely bizarre ticketing given it was a Nein game.

mattyg said:

It's supposed to be a reserved section.

It's not strange. It's stupid! Penrith management should make that area available on a 'first come, first served' basis.

And for the record Timmah, we're cool.

Besides, I'd rather give it to BBSF!

Y2Eel

First Grade
Timmah said:
The place is/was falling apart and IIRC never met the stadium standards set back at the turn of the decade. There have been a couple of attempts of "Back 2 Belmore" but nothing has worked out so far.

The football offices are still located at BSG and we train there but nothing more.

Would people turn up if they played 1 game a year there like the tigers and liechart?

It would be a good idea atleast...

Latest posts