What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FO Kearney

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
28664396109992d410fcc37a3b494802a2c9cbacac2df29a4116a62620f991fa.jpg

Blair

Coach
It'll be Tooves in November.

Why? He's the best out there who's available. He's 'proven' by way of a GF.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
This is getting bad and not good to witness

Diehards, what clubs are built on, have had enough, many are not watching the games whereas in the past they would change plans to make themselves available, or have packed it in altogether. When fans start to have no apathy towards results, you have a big problem

In the past, while they have been extremely shit at times, the style of play was unpredictable and good to watch. Now they are crap and it is the most dour, cookie cutter, boring style of play the club has ever seen.

There are a lot of guys on big money that are either past it, or couldn’t give a stuff, and play brainless footy

I read before the game tonight that they are “doing it for their fans”, some guys out there tonight showed exactly what they think of their fans with extremely lazy efforts in defence giving away penalties or dropping off easy tackles, best example of the night being the biggest passenger I’ve ever seen making pretty much no effort to stop the winger make a break through the middle

If Kearney sees out his contract, the Warriors may be in a hole that deep they can’t get out of it

jaseg

Juniors
You know what the biggest indictment of this team is?

extremely lazy efforts in defence giving away penalties or dropping off easy tackles, best example of the night being the biggest passenger I’ve ever seen making pretty much no effort to stop the winger make a break through the middle

I genuinely don't know which Warriors player you are referring to.

Because a) there's a bunch of blokes out there that could be described as passengers, and b) I no longer give enough of a f**k to pay much attention these days. Most of the time if I even watch the game live (or at all) it's because I'm out drinking and the game happens to coincide.

Genuinely prefer watching reserve grade games for any team over the Warriors first grade side.

WellsNZ

Juniors
At this stage, I have no hope for some great recruitment score, I have no hope for anything changing with the coaches, so what I'm most looking forward to is what happens with member numbers for next year because surely they're heading for some backlash there. Not just missing the eight, but the fact they lost on their home turf over and over and over and over and over and over. Three wins for the members in their 10 visits for this year. Wonder if they'll be brave enough to offer that refund policy again.

Oh f**k off now, first words in press conference from him is that they put in effort. He isnt even watching the game.

Yes some good defensive sets but couldn't maintain it. Fell off tackles got lazy on the inside and shit shit discipline.

Fall on your sword now.
For the good of the club and league in NZ

Last edited:

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Oh f**k off now, first words in press conference from him is that they put in effort. He isnt t even watching the game.

Yes some good defensive sets but couldn't maintain it. Fell off tackles got lazy on the inside and shit shit discipline.

Fall on your sword now.
For the good of the club and league on NZ

I have a theory with the effort thing. They genuinely try, and you see that with the first half defensive effort and the metres out of our own end. But Kearney’s process is so predictable that it pays no dividends on attack and the team get no reward for their own efforts and can’t maintain them. And really can you blame them? It’s a choice between losing by one try or four in the end and either way it’s zero competition points.

Benek

Juniors
I have a theory with the effort thing. They genuinely try, and you see that with the first half defensive effort and the metres out of our own end. But Kearney’s process is so predictable that it pays no dividends on attack and the team get no reward for their own efforts and can’t maintain them. And really can you blame them? It’s a choice between losing by one try or four in the end and either way it’s zero competition points.
Spot on

Rich102

Staff member
" OK team. Gather round. Here's the game plan for this week.
Get in early and tackle in numbers and drive them back. Then lie on them for a while.
I know we will give away penalties but it should break them.
Anyway, it's all that I can think of and all that you guys can remember.
Comprende?
Oh, and remember Jacinda will be here. Let's show her what we can do."

Get in early and tackle in numbers and drive them back. Then lie on them for a while.
Comprende?
Helen, must have converted her.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Comprende?

“Then when you’ve got the ball, Roger, Ken, Isaac and a couple of the forwards smash it up the guts and get up their end. You’re big boys, you figure the rest out”

ram raid

Bench
It'll be Tooves in November.

Why? He's the best out there who's available. He's 'proven' by way of a GF.

I don't know if he'd want to move over there. I think he's pretty settled in Sydney.

Fitzgibbon and Jason Demetriou and Kevie are all circling for a job.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I don't know if he'd want to move over there. I think he's pretty settled in Sydney.

Fitzgibbon and Jason Demetriou and Kevie are all circling for a job.

Toovey might, the others are no chance.

Anything would be better than the potato we currently have though.

ram raid

Bench
Give Jason Taylor a crack for a year. At least he'll bring hard edge and some energy.

It's curious to me how the NZ Union team is renowned for being so smart and professional. And the Warriors are, well ...

One Warrior

Bench
Swinging back in to this thread for the first time in a while to reiterate my belief that we simply must carry Kearney through to the final day of his contract. That's right. To the end of bloody 2022.

If we ever want to see a decent coach at the Warriors again, we have to show that we can honour a coaches contract.
Sorry no, I can't agree with this, if we keep Kearney until 2022, the club will be dead, no one will come here, they don't already, crowds will dissipate, meaning sponsors will also turn away and the club will die.