What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FO Kearney

LeagueNut

First Grade
Kearney has 30 wins from 71 games = 41.7%, lower than both Elliott and McFadden.

Kearney has the WORST for-and-against of any Warriors coach ever. After 71 games he's sitting on -266. Nobody else has ever cracked the -200 mark. The closest comparison (in number of games) is McFadden's 67 games which came out to -109.

Kearney's Warriors score an average of 18.6 points per game, the second lowest after Frank Endacott's Warriors who scored 18.4.

Kearney has the team conceding 7.1 penalties per game, second only to Endacott who conceded 7.5 per game.

FO Kearney.

And FO Cameron George as well. I can't believe there was absolutely no acknowledgement or goodbyes for the departing players after the last home game of the season. Amateurish and disappointing. This isn't a club I want to support.

flippikat

Bench
Well he's an Aussie so that helps.
All our kiwi coaches have pretty much been duds. Mark Graham probably the only guy that didn't get a fair crack and he developed some young guys that starred in Andersons team.

Spot on.
The common threads of the two Warriors teams that made the grand final are having an Aussie coach & having some hardened Aussie forwards in the pack.

We've strayed from what's been proven to work. Get Toovey and a couple of decent Aussie forwards then we'll be on the right track again.

Blair

Coach
Helen, must have converted her.

Poor Jacinda, Helen had some great years at Mt Smart as PM. '99-'08 (OK, sure, there's some mud in there as well. But, on balance, it was good, real good).

Incidentally, I recall the Mt Albert club being muted to enter the Sydney comp before the Warriors were thought up.

Circa 1990.

Rich102

Staff member
Poor Jacinda, Helen had some great years at Mt Smart as PM. '99-'08 (OK, sure, there's some mud in there as well. But, on balance, it was good, real good).

Incidentally, I recall the Mt Albert club being muted to enter the Sydney comp before the Warriors were thought up.

Circa 1990.

The Mt Albert club were behind the application for an Auckland team to enter the Winfield Cup which led to the formation of the Auckland Warriors.

Has to be proven, so who is floating around:
Toovey
Flanagan (Suspended)

Are members getting survey's about renewing?
Currently 17,741 members.
Can only see this dropping if everything stays the same.

Will accept an interim coach if SK resigns. Just start looking George and hope he does a Brown.

Kearney has 30 wins from 71 games = 41.7%, lower than both Elliott and McFadden.

Kearney has the WORST for-and-against of any Warriors coach ever. After 71 games he's sitting on -266. Nobody else has ever cracked the -200 mark. The closest comparison (in number of games) is McFadden's 67 games which came out to -109.

Kearney's Warriors score an average of 18.6 points per game, the second lowest after Frank Endacott's Warriors who scored 18.4.

Kearney has the team conceding 7.1 penalties per game, second only to Endacott who conceded 7.5 per game.

FO Kearney.

And FO Cameron George as well. I can't believe there was absolutely no acknowledgement or goodbyes for the departing players after the last home game of the season. Amateurish and disappointing. This isn't a club I want to support.

I have a feeling egos are getting in the way. Someone needs to be man enough to say we made a mistake putting SK in charge and extend his contract, after 3 season we are worse off.
Feel like they are going to double down.
Which means simply vote with your dollars and membership renewals.

Rich102

Staff member
On NRL 360 they showed the win ratio of the bottom 3 coaches. SK stood out. They quoted a win percentage of about 37%. Doesn't tally with Nut's figure but I don't know which games, tests etc, are included. I am sure Nut's figure, though flattering, is right.

On NRL 360 they showed the win ratio of the bottom 3 coaches. SK stood out. They quoted a win percentage of about 37%. Doesn't tally with Nut's figure but I don't know which games, tests etc, are included. I am sure Nut's figure, though flattering, is right.
Possibly his career stats including Parra.
Mary on the list has at least developed some players in Origin players and the DeBelin thing must be disruptive.
We have no origin players and only Ken has improved/developed in the last 3 years.

JJ

Immortal
yeah, it was NRL - so they had this season' Warriors percentage and his overall NRL record - both were sameish

Meth

Staff member
I am not saying that Kearney is the coach that I want for us. He isn’t. He never has been. I just think that since Cleary, it’s been ridiculous and if we want a better coach, we need to curb that, not perpetuate that.

I'm thinking about it from an organisational health standpoint before football- because, let's be honest, our football is undoubtedly downstream from the shabby office.

I guess I’m more fatalistic about our short/mid-term future. I have basically written them off for the next several years tbh.

Meth

Staff member

FO Kearney.

Kearney is not a better coach than Elliott or McFadden or Bluey or any other bastard. We've never been under any illusions about that.

The problem is that nobody who is any better wants to come and work for us.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Possibly his career stats including Parra.
Mary on the list has at least developed some players in Origin players and the DeBelin thing must be disruptive.
We have no origin players and only Ken has improved/developed in the last 3 years.

I’ll give them CHT as well, but that’s only two.

Latest posts