What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Footy Show Thread 18th May 05

cainen

Juniors
knights04 said:
Would have paid to see Geyer smash Hoppa's ugly face in or anyone tbh.

Anyone here who is big and can fight? They said they were looking for someone to fight him. We could have our own LU representative take him on.

rugged

Juniors
I don't care if they talk about other footy codes.

It might take away some of the time that isn't to do with any football code at all (usually where they are trying to be funny).

langpark

First Grade
cainen said:
Anyone here who is big and can fight? They said they were looking for someone to fight him. We could have our own LU representative take him on.
And that's about the standard that hoppa wants, he thinks he's top sh*tt now coz he beat up a pensioner in 47 seconds

knights04 said:
I loved Mark Geyer's response to Hoppa's challenge. "How do you know about what I write? It has no pictures." :lol: Would have paid to see Geyer smash Hoppa's ugly face in or anyone tbh.
I agree with Geyer's response that Hoppa has been in boxing training for the past 18 months and he hasn't, thus the fight would be a mismatch. However Geyer accusing Hoppa of 'taking a cheap shot' at him is a bit hypocritical considering he brought out the 'no pictures' call. If he WAS going to fight Hoppa he should have used it, but if you're backing down from a fight you shouldn't keep running your mouth.

langpark

First Grade
But he made a good point when he said he's not going to help promote hoppa's boxing career

Scoddy

Juniors
I don't waste my time with the Thursday Footy Show anymore. I watch NRL on Fox ,Fox Scoreboard and the Sunday Roast.
Vote with your remote controls like other people are apparently doing and don't watch it.
Problem solved.

bigdogsgottaeat

Juniors
Just quietly I've noticed a bit of Chief bashing on this forum when related to the Footy Show. I actually rate Chief - he's a good bloke. How can people not like him?

BTW, that Dutch Auction thing is the stupidest segment EVER.

El Diablo

Post Whore
bigdogsgottaeat said:
Just quietly I've noticed a bit of Chief bashing on this forum when related to the Footy Show. I actually rate Chief - he's a good bloke. How can people not like him?

he's a bonehead who offers nothing

i think you may be his only fan

Mr Saab

Referee
Carrys on like a kid. Says stupid things.
Did you hear him when they introduced Buderus and Hodsgon? He screamed out.."Yeaaaaaah....come on".

WTF is that? His maturity on the show is at grade 4 level and he is just not funny. He is a wooden plank.
Away from the cameras he probably is a great guy, but when he stares into the red dot of camera 3 he is just.....wrong.

bigdogsgottaeat

Juniors
El Diablo said:
and he loves to wank on about anything Newcastle

Yeah, and Sterlo *doesn't* wank on about Parra, Fatty *doesn't* wank on about Manly and Matty (now) *doesn't* wank on about the Storm. :roll:

Honestly I can't see that he's that much different to the rest of the team for the exact reasons you are chastising him!

pantherz9103

First Grade
I simply think that Channel Nine realises what a great product SBS has on its program list between June 9 - July 9 and Channel Nine quite understandably wants a 'piece of the World Cup pie'. I know I'll be watching the Footy Show's World Cup show as an avid admirer of the 'round ball' game. Even though my 'first sporting love' is Rugby League.

I watched it up until the Crazy Dutch Auction because Arsenal v Barcelona just winds hands down compared to that crap.

I'll be putting my body clock out of sync, having mates over for some chillin' time while watching the Socceroos and plenty of other games and I know lots of other people on this forum will too. So I have know problem when the Footy Show promotes a giant event like the World Cup or even Mundine's boxing coz he was a big name league player once too. As long as they discuss something interesting rather than just drink karva and toss themselves into velcro walls :roll:

Mr Saab

Referee
bigdogsgottaeat said:
Yeah, and Sterlo *doesn't* wank on about Parra, Fatty *doesn't* wank on about Manly and Matty (now) *doesn't* wank on about the Storm. :roll:

Honestly I can't see that he's that much different to the rest of the team for the exact reasons you are chastising him!

sterlo hardly ever goes on about the eels..even when they were good last yr.
Fatty says a bit about the eagles, but not even 33% of what the chief does
Matty is in the same class as Harragon

Latest posts