What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Sale: Ben Ross

Big Mick

Referee
Pantherjim. said:
Agree whole heartedly Big Mick! and I only wish I could make my feelings known on the Panthers Website without fear of getting kicked off for a few months! :x

Pantherjim.

i'm already gone for a month LMAO

panthersballboy

Juniors
There has to be something more to it. For the club to all of a sudden have a salary cap crisis when we resigned all our top players months ago. I feel Ross is being shown the door because he isn't a penrith junior and possibly due to the supposed punch up at training at the start of the year. I definately agree we could lose a few 2nd rowers and should do so if it meant keeping big Ben.

alive103

Juniors
There has to be more to this..... Ross has been a lifelong Penrith fan and jumped at the opportunity to join them when he was surplus to requirements at Saints. There must be a falling out.... salary cap is an easy excuse at this time of year.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Clinton is a cat and this will only be further exposed when Ross leaves and a good metre-getter isn't there to attract 3 defenders and get a quick play the ball so Clinton can look good on the back of it.

Ross is about 8 times the player Clinton is. If I was a Penrith fan, I'd be pissed off too. You don't let State of Origin players go easily.

If he goes anywhere, I think the Scum or Melbourne would be favoured to get him to replace Stevens or Kearns.

alive103 said:
There has to be more to this..... Ross has been a lifelong Penrith fan and jumped at the opportunity to join them when he was surplus to requirements at Saints. There must be a falling out.... salary cap is an easy excuse at this time of year.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Clinton is a cat and this will only be further exposed when Ross leaves and a good metre-getter isn't there to attract 3 defenders and get a quick play the ball so Clinton can look good on the back of it.

Ross is about 8 times the player Clinton is. If I was a Penrith fan, I'd be pissed off too. You don't let State of Origin players go easily.

If he goes anywhere, I think the Scum or Melbourne would be favoured to get him to replace Stevens or Kearns.

Roosters need a replacement for Cayless.

If he does leave I would hope he ends up at the Storm.

With Ross and Croicker added to their pack they would have a very good lineup.

Melbournes success is good for the game.

choc_soldier

Coach
I imagine Ross would be a bargain buy for any club... after all, Penrith would have to pay out his contract, and could join up with any other club for a nominal fee for at least the term of the remainder of his Penrith contract.

Tommy Smith

Referee
nospam49™ said:
If he does leave I would hope he ends up at the Storm.

With Ross and Croicker added to their pack they would have a very good lineup.

Melbournes success is good for the game.
Oh no, not the old "team x success is good for the game" line.

They won the premiership back in '99 yet made little to no progress in gaining popularity in the media or fan support.

Hey Southern Rooster, do you think Ross would be welcome at the Roosters? The cat hasn't made himself popular with some of his pre and post match comments in the past.

Munky

Coach
f**k!

Get rid of our f**king useless management.

Ditch all our sh*t backrowers not our best prop.

The Colonel

Immortal
parra_panther said:
I imagine Ross would be a bargain buy for any club... after all, Penrith would have to pay out his contract, and could join up with any other club for a nominal fee for at least the term of the remainder of his Penrith contract.

Depends on how they structure the release. If he agrees to a new contract with the Storm, for instance, I think the Panthers can can his old contract.

I'm of the impression that Michael Witt, who was on a four year deal with Parramatta signed a totally new deal with Manly for two years thnat voided the previous contract. Provided both parties agree the contract can be cancelled.

For the Panthers to create the room they want I'd guess this is the most likely scenario they are looking at.

choc_soldier

Coach
The Colonel said:
Depends on how they structure the release. If he agrees to a new contract with the Storm, for instance, I think the Panthers can can his old contract.

I'm of the impression that Michael Witt, who was on a four year deal with Parramatta signed a totally new deal with Manly for two years thnat voided the previous contract. Provided both parties agree the contract can be cancelled.

For the Panthers to create the room they want I'd guess this is the most likely scenario they are looking at.

Yeah, that could be it. Might save them some money - I think Ross is on at least 150 at the moment.

The_Coach

Juniors
Yeah both the player and the club have to agree to end the contract for nothing to be owed to Ross. If Penrith just want to dump him and Ross wants to stay Penrith have to pay a percentage of the contract for each remaining years of that contract.

Question is would Ross actually agree to leave the club so it costs Penrith nothing?

cainen

Juniors
According to the article its 225k he is on. It would be somewhere around the 200 mark I would estimate though.

Tommy Smith said:
Oh no, not the old "team x success is good for the game" line.

They won the premiership back in '99 yet made little to no progress in gaining popularity in the media or fan support.

Hey Southern Rooster, do you think Ross would be welcome at the Roosters? The cat hasn't made himself popular with some of his pre and post match comments in the past.

You dont think the continued success of a club in a key market is important for the long term health of the game? :?