What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum Sevens Awards Night 2010

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
congrats to all involved & all winners..

many thanks to all who voted for me & big thanks to willow for being a strong team captain & pulling us all into line.. sometimes even at the 23rd hr..

and hopefully no-one notices me playing for two clubs next year (see below).. hehehe..

2010f7s-clubmvpbluebags.jpg

2010f7s-mostimprovedforummer.jpg

dubopov

Coach
congrats to all involved & all winners..

many thanks to all who voted for me & big thanks to willow for being a strong team captain & pulling us all into line.. sometimes even at the 23rd hr..

and hopefully no-one notices me playing for two clubs next year (see below).. hehehe..

2010f7s-clubmvpbluebags.jpg

2010f7s-mostimprovedforummer.jpg

welcome aboard Muzby .. you can be our Soward .. PLEASE don't be a Ben Rogers ..

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ahh, takes me back to the 2007 (I think) banners which were handed out to Panthers players.

The team we played or was spelt PANTHRS

Jesbass

First Grade
Thanks again for the awards, powers-that-be!

I added them to my other awards and made an animated .gif, but admin deemed the image too large for display. It's disappointing that I can't display these proud achievements on the very forum that gifted them to me.

I suppose it's about time I built a pool room...

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I agree JB,

I think an exemption on the banner size could be made for F7's banner's, surely.

Please?

Jesbass

First Grade
I confess to being pretty clueless with these things, but hopefully I can make one under 80kb.

If not, then I shall adorn my face as such: :cry:.

Jesbass

First Grade
Not a bad idea, Coby. My original version had 11 images. If it only had 3, would that bring it to a small enough size? (I was thinking of making each image as showing 4 quarter-size awards, rather than full size.)

TooheysNew

Coach
Have a talk to Timmah, i'd imagine he can shrink the filesize. You'll lose a bit of quality, but it won't be terrible. Three images at 100Kb each is really no better than one image at 300Kb.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I shrunk 3 images to an non-non-symmetrical size of 350x40 and made an animated gif. This one is 27 Kbs.

bluebags_2010_animated_01.gif

Jesbass

First Grade
Have a talk to Timmah, i'd imagine he can shrink the filesize. You'll lose a bit of quality, but it won't be terrible. Three images at 100Kb each is really no better than one image at 300Kb.

In my case, reducing 11 alternating images to 3 alternating images would surely reduce it in size, but I have no idea what size mine originally was.

That said, I may look for an alternative method.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
In my case, reducing 11 alternating images to 3 alternating images would surely reduce it in size, but I have no idea what size mine originally was.

That said, I may look for an alternative method.

you can steal my alternative method if you like..

i've downloaded the fax numbers for all members on the forum... i've then set up a webBOT that will automatically fax A4 copies of each banner to someone when they read a thread that i have posted in..

Bubbles

Juniors
WTF?!! Would you believe that I've only just found out about the results of these awards - wow, if I wasn't such a petulent little child and was avoiding the forums after the Chooks lost the GF, I might have had some happiness in my footy life yet :sarcasm:!

I am just so chuffed by this; not sure how it happened, but I'm taking it and I'm rapt. I truly love competing in the F7s and am forever blown away by the amazing talent on display, so I'm utterly speechless right now - sure a little late and all, but still :lol:.

Congrats to everyone who won and to everyone, absolutely everyone involved in running the comp etc; you do such a fantastic job!!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The Bubbles of the moment - scooped the awards and congrats again.

And don't be a stranger to the F7s - the real competition. :thumn