What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Four year deal for Boyd at knights

Serc

First Grade
I rate Pearce, NSW seems to have rated him in recent years, and Sticky rates him this year...he's certainly no JT, but (this years form aside) I am happy to have him noted as the best halfback in NSW currently.

I think NSW have lost a lot of ground by not picking Hornby to partner Soward. Pearce has no right being there ahead of Hornby. He has done nothing to warrant selection. Roosters attack is abysmal.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Yep, Ben and Johns Magic both retired from rep footy last year

Pearce will come good. Any halfback who can commit that much in defence has enough ticker to play Origin imo. He just needs a little more creativity around him like Farah, Soward and Hayne.

Johns Magic

Referee
Yep, Ben and Johns Magic both retired from rep footy last year

Oh sorry, I didn't realise Pearce was a favourite of yours. Of course he's not an average NRL halfback, he's a superstar!

I'll make sure not to compare other halfbacks to him ever again, just for you.

[Pearce will come good. Any halfback who can commit that much in defence has enough ticker to play Origin imo. He just needs a little more creativity around him like Farah, Soward and Hayne.

Yes, let's pick a playmaker for his defence, that'll make our attack good.

Roosters were shit with Pearce at halfback in 2009, wooden spoon.

Todd Carney saved them in 2010, and Pearce took credit.

Carney has been out this year and off his game when playing, and the Roosters are back looking like a spoon side.

Yeah, Pearce is the player our halfbacks should be aspiring to...

Though you're right, maybe if you put a 1, 6 and 9 who do all the work next to him he'd go alright...

Johns Magic

Referee
Ha well if that is the case then I do apologise to JW...and am mighty impressed he even remembered me saying that all that time ago. I assumed it was him trying to imply I thought I could do better than Pearce. So again, apologies JW if your comment was based on my joke all that time ago. I made sure not to get personal in my reply because I wouldn't pick you as the sort of guy to take a cheapshot.

Now that Soward is showing such form I would agree that Hornby should get the nod if only for partnership reasons.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Ha ha yes indeed it was in reference to JM using the opportunity to retire when Hornby did

Apology accepted JM. For the record my entire post there was a piss take. The 2nd paragraph a shot at all the knobs in the interstate forum who bang on about how good Pearces defence is when he is pretty average at every other aspect of a halfback, then having the numptyness to suggest that putting 3 other playmakers around him to improve his game as some sort of solution.

Johns Magic

Referee
Probably still Johns.

Of the availables...no one really. Would be tempted to try a Carney/Soward combo if both were fit.

Yosh

Coach
Probably still Johns.

Of the availables...no one really. Would be tempted to try a Carney/Soward combo if both were fit.

I just don't like Carney for some reason... I know he is talented but I don't want him as our (NSW) halfback for the next five years. We need stability and that guy, well we all know about him.

I think eventually it'll be Mullen/Soward from 2012 onwards. Both have been coached by WB and I reakon it'll show on the field. Hopefully NSW can have something special going with:

1. Dugan
6. Soward
7. Mullen
9. Kidley/Ennis

For a couple of years at least.

Apey

Staff member
lol I only remembered a Knights fan posting that on Hornby's retirement thread but figured it must have been JM with JW's post.

bluesbreaker

Bench
I'd swap Mullen for Pearce in a heartbeat. True he hasn't been the best this year, but his quality will come through.

88.Knights

Juniors
mullen was nsw's best halfback this year until he didn't get picked, now he's hit monstrous form slump n loss of confidence (how would u feel if u were playin like mullo n then not get picked for pearce) and of course injury.

hopefully next year wb will be able to fix his confidence issues.