What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Four year deal for Boyd at knights

Spot On

Coach
Gidley started playing in the centres when he was breaking into 1st grade
but gids on the bench u have got to be kidding...he is the fittest guy in the team, not to mention our captain
i like him at hooker , just my opinion !

Remember a bloke called Craig Wing.

Spot On

Coach
Jut on the Boyd to 5/8 thing, does Darius Boyd have a kicking game or will he be exempt from having to use this skill during NRL matches if Bennett plays him at pivot?

RABK

Referee
Jut on the Boyd to 5/8 thing, does Darius Boyd have a kicking game or will he be exempt from having to use this skill during NRL matches if Bennett plays him at pivot?

Lockyer only got heavily involved in kicking from FB from about 2000 onwards and by the time he became 5/8 in 04 he was 2nd only to Joey as the games best. So whilst Boyd has not showcased any real kicking game it's possible he does have the skill. I suppose only his team mates and coach would know.

1.Boyd
2.Uate
3.Gidley (c)
4.Sau
5.McManus
6.Henry
7.Mullen

For me, that's the backline that we take into 2012.

However, I still reckon we could have the full Australian backline playing for us and it won't mean squat until Uncy Wayne stops filling our salary cap with his surrogate sons and buys us a prop that can make 100m (or even 80m) a game.

88.Knights

Juniors
i reckon wb advised henry to the knights as he knew he would be following soon after!:sarcasm::D
1.boyd
3.sau/likiliki
4.gidley
6.henry
7.mullen
8.snowden
9.degois
10.costigan
13.cook/bird:shock:

we'd ballplay the heck out of every dam team in the comp:cool:

Alex28

Coach
i reckon wb advised henry to the knights as he knew he would be following soon after!:sarcasm::D

That thought had actually crossed my mind at one point. Don't know whether Tinky had been talking to Wayne then though. Would be quite the piece of forward planning though!

Yosh

Coach
Okay I've got it:

1. Body (ball playing fullback)
2. Uate (god)
3. Hodges (really!)
4. Liki
5. McManus
6. Henry (ball running 5/8th)
7. Mullen

9. Kidley (Rover, goes into lock when De Gois comes on)
14. De Gois

I think that's the answer.

beads6

First Grade
Wayne loves Kidley so trust in him and you blokes will be very happy with the direction your club has taken over the next few years. Good luck

RABK

Referee
spot on - I cannot recall anytime in his roosters career, where he played 90% of his career, where he wasn't starting in the halves or at hooker.

So show me something to suggest Wing was ever played as a bench player for any significant time when he was an established first grader.

Last edited:

RABK

Referee
Sign Hopoate! Bulldogs are offering him 250k for 3 years... i'd offer Sau's money and see how strong Bennetts tractor beam is.

Yosh

Coach
Hopate ftw!!! He really is something and I'd have him over Sau any day of the week.

Serc

First Grade
I don't think we can discount Liki. He is an immense talent who should be given some time in FG to make a claim on a centre spot. He's a big, fast centre who can step, offload and draw defenders. I think Bennett could make a hodges out of him, he reminds me of the very young hodges.

Interesting post...have to say I've never had that thought before, but thinking about it, in the 3-4 NYC matches I watched him play in last year, he does move/play a bit like a young Hodges.

Latest posts