What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Four year deal for Boyd at knights

perverse

Referee
looks like we're going to start shopping our props around. surely we can find Tolar and/or Kaufusi big juicy contracts abroad? Kaufusi would have to attract a bit of interest, he's played for Australia and they probably won't know any better.

Tolar is a hard sell, i'll admit... but hey he's from Newcastle, we'll just point towards other Newcastle products that have had an impact on the ESL, like George Carmont.

Johns Magic

Referee
indeed, you'd have to think he's waking up to it well and proper now. Kaufusi has crawled well and truly right back into his little lazy shell again.

Yes, his month or so of only being relatively inadequate was unfortunately a mirage.

aqua_duck

Coach
I'm sure we could shop Kaufusi, like Perverse said, he's played for Australia, he's only 26, played for Qld, won a premiership and most importantly has a Tongan passport which means he won't take up a quota spot in the ESL

perverse

Referee
Yes, his month or so of only being relatively inadequate was unfortunately a mirage.
one might say a Stone cold failure.

ooooo... boom tsh...

but yes, definitely now a well established and proven gaff. i saw a bench role for him in there somewhere, but i really struggle to see anything in him at all worth utilizing long term anymore. he's a muppet and should be pissed off at the earliest possible conveniance. we haven't spent too much money on him yet... there's still a chance to save face without too much damage done.

perverse

Referee
I'm sure we could shop Kaufusi, like Perverse said, he's played for Australia, he's only 26, played for Qld, won a premiership and most importantly has a Tongan passport which means he won't take up a quota spot in the ESL
you'd think they'd be tripping over themselves for his signature, then.

Perth Knights

Juniors
you'd think they'd be tripping over themselves for his signature, then.

Kaufusi is an imposter. We would have to pay $$ to trade him away to another Club. Perhaps Melbourne might take him back given his best footy was played when there.

Shame ... I thought the move from the Cowboys feeder team to Newcastle, an NRL lifeline, would have rekindled his desire to perform week in week out. How wrong was I ....

RABK

Referee
Thing is, he's never played well. The blokes a complete asshole to boot, i've met him a few times and his character is no better than his workrate. Ship him off.

I've heard Bennett ain't keen on Sau, he likes very defensively solid players as his centres.

Last edited:

Silent Knight

First Grade
looks like we're going to start shopping our props around. surely we can find Tolar and/or Kaufusi big juicy contracts abroad? Kaufusi would have to attract a bit of interest, he's played for Australia and they probably won't know any better.

Tolar is a hard sell, i'll admit... but hey he's from Newcastle, we'll just point towards other Newcastle products that have had an impact on the ESL, like George Carmont.

We just need to stick an ad up on Pommy TV. We can use Demtel and Tim Shaw to flog off Kaufusi and Tolar (see here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPr7fpI-k7Y)

We'll offer Kaufusi as the main package. And of course our prospective pommy club wants more so we'll throw in Dan Tolar for FREE (like a set of steak knives)! That's tremendous value!

And if a club calls up within the next 30 seconds we'll throw in the Knight's whole stash of Musashi energy supplement at no extra cost! Get a testimonial from Scott Dureau about how great Kaufusi and Tolar will work at their new club and the phones will be running off the hook!

Perth Knights

Juniors
We just need to stick an ad up on Pommy TV. We can use Demtel and Tim Shaw to flog off Kaufusi and Tolar (see here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPr7fpI-k7Y)

We'll offer Kaufusi as the main package. And of course our prospective pommy club wants more so we'll throw in Dan Tolar for FREE (like a set of steak knives)! That's tremendous value!

And if a club calls up within the next 30 seconds we'll throw in the Knight's whole stash of Musashi energy supplement at no extra cost! Get a testimonial from Scott Dureau about how great Kaufusi and Tolar will work at their new club and the phones will be running off the hook!

Love this post ... the stake knives will be the clincher though!!

League_God

Juniors
Thing is, he's never played well. The blokes a complete asshole to boot, i've met him a few times and his character is no better than his workrate. Ship him off.

I've heard Bennett ain't keen on Sau, he likes very defensively solid players as his centres.

don't you just hate that?
League players who think they are somehow above human.
At the end of the day, rugby league is a GAME. NRL players happen to be the best at playing this game and we pay them for providing entertainment. AK47m's isn't even good at this game. He should be kissing our ass for paying to watch his feeble, heartless attempt at playing rugby league.

he can piss off to central or wests...if they'll have him.

Johns Magic

Referee
don't you just hate that?
League players who think they are somehow above human.
At the end of the day, rugby league is a GAME. NRL players happen to be the best at playing this game and we pay them for providing entertainment. AK47m's isn't even good at this game. He should be kissing our ass for paying to watch his feeble, heartless attempt at playing rugby league.

he can piss off to central or wests...if they'll have him.

Yeah you get some merkin NRL players, Watmough and Talanoa are the biggest merkins I've met. In fact, I never even had the displeasure of meeting Watmough, just watching him in action on the drink was enough to tell me it was a bad idea.

The best NRL blokes I've met would be a tie between Nightingale and Fitzgibbon, both legends who were more than accomodating of a pissed teenager.

Surprisingly, Steve Matai was a decent bloke when I met him as well.

RABK

Referee
Haha, Watmough is a regular at Surf Rock and as i knew the owner and worked with one of the bouncers i was once a regular when i worked on the north shore. Having been on the drink with Watmough i can't complain about him been a dickhead to me, infact he must have shouted me about 15 drinks, but his behaviour is a bit much and he's been in a few incidents that never made the papers. Most of the manly boys are great blokes though.

Johns Magic

Referee
Haha, Watmough is a regular at Surf Rock and as i knew the owner and worked with one of the bouncers i was once a regular when i worked on the north shore. Having been on the drink with Watmough i can't complain about him been a dickhead to me, infact he must have shouted me about 15 drinks, but his behaviour is a bit much and he's been in a few incidents that never made the papers. Most of the manly boys are great blokes though.

Yeah I guess this is the point where you don't want to say anything out of line, so perhaps I just saw him in the heat of the moment.

The Manly guys were often at the Steyne(and the surrounding kebab stores thereafter) when I was there, some very funny viewing at times.

otori

Juniors
Thaiday is a great bloke. Always happy to have a chat. Alternatively, Allan Langer is a giant tool and that showed with his behavior at the normanby too. I guess it's mainly Brisbane players for me. One of my mates lives near Dugan and he says he's a great bloke.

God-King Dean

Immortal
lol @ Talanoa.

What the hell could that guy possibly be arrogant about, other than being in the top echelon of worst players in first-grade history.

Latest posts