What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Four year deal for Boyd at knights

perverse

Referee
i've heard the same about Mundine in the past. smart businessman. he's earned a lot of money out of the Australian public wanting him to get knocked out.

Silent Knight

First Grade
i've heard the same about Mundine in the past. smart businessman. he's earned a lot of money out of the Australian public wanting him to get knocked out.

Yeah you count me as one of those suckers that wanted him to get knocked out. I went to the recent Mundine Vs Wood fight in Brisbane and groaned when he won.

It was during his after match speech that I changed my opinion of him. Instead of hearing what I expected, e.g. "I'm the man and I'm back to kick all your asses", he was very humble, congratulated Garth on providing him with a real strong challenge in the ring and generally showed a lot of friendship and respect to his beaten rival.

After that I was clapping and cheering with everyone else within the arena. There were plenty of boos when Mundine stepped out for the fight, there were some boos when he won, but there were no boos after he made that speech.

He made a fool out of me and many others.

Noname36

First Grade
I've met Foran out twice and found him to be pretty pleasant to talk to both times. He seemed a bit like he knows he has it going on, but he wasn't rude or arrogant or anything from my experience. I didn't have a full-on conversation with him either time, just introduced myself with a couple of mates and talked footy for a minute, he definitely seemed more grounded than I may have expected. An underlying confidence is probably the way I'd describe my impression of him, but I'd be surprised if he didn't have that given who he is and being a young guy.

I've never met Foran, but my brother said he saw him at Wollies or coles or something one night last year...and he said the kid was an absolute dickhead. My brother said he was waiting at the checkout while Foran and another young guy were served, and he said that Foran was making the young girl on the checkout (who he said only looked around 15) very uncomfortable. Something apparently went wrong with the register, and Foran started having a go at her about it. My brother said he couldn't tell if Foran was just messing with her, but it came out really cruel and it obviously upset her. Then he said that Foran and his mate started laughing about how much of a "dick" he was, then they left laughing.

Just young guy stuff obviously, and they'd probably had a bit to drink so I wouldn't think anything of it. But still, you don't say that shit to a young girl who is probably sick of getting abused all day by customers.

Johns Magic

Referee
I've never met Foran, but my brother said he saw him at Wollies or coles or something one night last year...and he said the kid was an absolute dickhead. My brother said he was waiting at the checkout while Foran and another young guy were served, and he said that Foran was making the young girl on the checkout (who he said only looked around 15) very uncomfortable. Something apparently went wrong with the register, and Foran started having a go at her about it. My brother said he couldn't tell if Foran was just messing with her, but it came out really cruel and it obviously upset her. Then he said that Foran and his mate started laughing about how much of a "dick" he was, then they left laughing.

Just young guy stuff obviously, and they'd probably had a bit to drink so I wouldn't think anything of it. But still, you don't say that shit to a young girl who is probably sick of getting abused all day by customers.

Yeah that's a bit poor, a side I didn't see to him in my encounters.

Noname36

First Grade
^ Saying that though, my brother is a bit of a dickhead too, so he might have been exaggerating things a bit haha.

shane1970

Juniors
On tonights "The Game Plan" - the inside mail segment with Joel Caine - his insider tells us that - "the Bennett/Boyd pairing is about to be broken - with Boyd settling on the Gold Coast for next year".
I know it's only a TV segment but this bloke who provides the 'late mail' has been pretty well SPOT ON with many things this year.

Johns Magic

Referee
Not surprising if true, you'd think if he was keen he would have signed for us by now.

What is surprising is the Titans' salary cap...

If Boyd doesn't come here, watch for moron fans from other clubs try and stick the boot in.

Matt23

Staff member
If this is true, the chances of us signing would increase you would think, surely the Titans can't afford Myles as well, either that or they've got a really, really good accountant up there :sarcasm:

Last edited:

shane1970

Juniors
To tell you the truth I wouldn't be too fussed if we do miss him, Gids bacdk to fullback - then chase hard for Snowy and another forward (Myles) or whoever - re-sign Sau and hope for Likiliki to develop quickly. I'd be MORE than satisfied with that.
As for the GC's salary cap - how in the bloody hell could they possibly fit : Bailey, Prince, Bird, Idris, and possibly Boyd, Myles & Champion within the cap.

Jono078

Referee
If this is true, the chances of us signing would increase you would think, surely the Titans can't afford him as well, either that or they've got a really, really good accountant up there :sarcasm:

Assume you mean Myles.

Snowden Myles and Hopiate is still good :D won't be overally fussed on Boyd, Gidley is still a top fullback.

jonno_knights

Juniors
To tell you the truth I wouldn't be too fussed if we do miss him, Gids bacdk to fullback - then chase hard for Snowy and another forward (Myles) or whoever - re-sign Sau and hope for Likiliki to develop quickly. I'd be MORE than satisfied with that.
As for the GC's salary cap - how in the bloody hell could they possibly fit : Bailey, Prince, Bird, Idris, and possibly Boyd, Myles & Champion within the cap.

and Douglas, Minichiello.

Didnt you know, Friendy and Laffranchi were on 750k each....

Silent Knight

First Grade
In my head that is...

images

ASH HARRISON

Nuffy

Bench
I suspect that Myles is a safety net for snowden, just to keep him on his toes.

I don't think that boyd will sign, I think it's dragged on too long now.

Latest posts