What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Frank Sartor

I wonder if he'll use his new law to take control of the project away from council ?

That would be ironic seeing how it was the NSW governments Botany Bay inquiry thats been holding it up.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Could also be approval for the project. I good source told me in February the DA was in his inbox waiting to be signed off on.

Its back in the councils hands at the moment isn't it ? Can't see why Frank would be announcing it, but then again, he's a politician, any chance to get his ugly mug on camera.

Dread

Juniors
Would love for it to be the approval.... but I'm hardly willing to get my hopes up at this stage.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Bastard_Squad said:
Its back in the councils hands at the moment isn't it ? Can't see why Frank would be announcing it, but then again, he's a politician, any chance to get his ugly mug on camera.

This might be wrong but, last I heard it had gone through the Land and Environment court with no problems but because it had to go there Sartor had to give final approval.

I'm sure there is someone reading this that can straighten this out.

Quigs

Immortal
0-top5.jpg

Is he going to be putting a lazy 100 on the bar....... nothing get votes like free piss.

pogo

Juniors
for all you blokes on this forum pinning your hopes on this developement can you explain what affect you think that will have on the football side.

its not the panacea you think it is!

mr_sharks

Juniors
Is this about the proposal to put in residential accom behind the ground or something differnt?

From memory, the proposal is to build a hotel & units (some for old aged people like Roy Masters) on the current leagues club car park on the eastern side of the current club. The car park would move undergroud. It also included opening up the northern side of the club, building over part of the current summertime bar, to open up the views (it would be quite good view imo). Also the move the power lines underground so that pylon in the middle of the hill would go, and the views from the club impoved.

I hope he's announcing the last part, estimated cost $6 million just to move the power lines underground, and thats a few years ago.

Just a thought, there was a power failure last year when one of the towers colapsed during maintenance, Caltex had to run on generators for 3 days. I wonder if they might have kicked in to move the power lines underground as part of a risk analysis ? Fitting to Frank's portfolio.

I dream.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
pogo said:
for all you blokes on this forum pinning your hopes on this developement can you explain what affect you think that will have on the football side.

its not the panacea you think it is!
Pogo comes up with a good post!
You are only alowed to spend up to the cap, which we have done.
How will the development help any short term sharks problems?
In the meantime, the assett continues to grow.
I'd be happier if they just changed strategy to increase revenue through the existing club, to pay for the football.