What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

From an Eels fan to you raiders fans, Good luck !

natheel

Coach
unfortunately the press conferences are really starting to resemble the Eels ones from last year. Ricky having no clue and hardly talking and his captain next to him big smile and laughing off questions then when Campese had a go at explaining something Ricky butts in and talks over him.

I sense a clean out

Pete Cash

Post Whore
If he only did that it would be at least something. The worrying thing is is a lot of the main offenders are getting selected over and over again. Papalii is clearly not fit. He started the year well but has been abysmal since returning and looks over weight. Campese is practically a ghost out there which puts a hell of a lot of pressure onto wighton who is learning his trade, milford couldn't defend himself from rain with an umbrella and as good as he can be in attack he's not going to be at the raiders next year. Mccrone is possibly one of the most overrated players of all time. It's simply mind boggling that he has played rep football. The props who have quite a significant percentage of the salary cap couldn't bend the line of a team made out of rubber (the young guys like Vaughan being the exception), the rest of the team is honest though. Buttriss has to be the slowest hooker in the comp but he's been ok this year comparatively (ie wouldn't get a run anywhere else). Croker is a pretty good player most of the time. Fensom is also pretty good. Edwards is honest. Really struggling for positives tbh.

Like I said Stuart might be shit but it's a real shit team so it's double the fun for us fans.

If he only did that it would be at least something. The worrying thing is is a lot of the main offenders are getting selected over and over again.

that happened in his time at parra too players would have a shocker and get picked again next week while a talented youngster gathered dust in reggies

gypsy

Bench
439032_Large.jpg

Walt Flanigan

Referee
If he only did that it would be at least something. The worrying thing is is a lot of the main offenders are getting selected over and over again. Papalii is clearly not fit. He started the year well but has been abysmal since returning and looks over weight. Campese is practically a ghost out there which puts a hell of a lot of pressure onto wighton who is learning his trade, milford couldn't defend himself from rain with an umbrella and as good as he can be in attack he's not going to be at the raiders next year. Mccrone is possibly one of the most overrated players of all time. It's simply mind boggling that he has played rep football. The props who have quite a significant percentage of the salary cap couldn't bend the line of a team made out of rubber (the young guys like Vaughan being the exception), the rest of the team is honest though. Buttriss has to be the slowest hooker in the comp but he's been ok this year comparatively (ie wouldn't get a run anywhere else). Croker is a pretty good player most of the time. Fensom is also pretty good. Edwards is honest. Really struggling for positives tbh.

Like I said Stuart might be shit but it's a real shit team so it's double the fun for us fans.

Spot on.

Can't remember the last time we were pantsed twice in a row like this.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
What a piss poor effort.

Milford for everything he does in attack is just non existent in defense.

Campese. .just slow and has zero attacking ability these days.

sack the team. I'd love to see everyone relegated to mounties lol.

hmmmm Wiz,
your mate Bileduct seems to have disappeared.
Maybe being bent over by pRicky has made him butt hurt....

In all seriousness though, I think maybe, finally, the raiders fans are starting to realise what an imposter they have on their hands in pRicky.

Last edited:

FlameThrower

Bench
The club needs a clean out. Hopefully Ricky realises this and does the same here as he did at the Eels. There's a number of senior players who need to be told to get on their bikes.

It's over for Campese, McCrone, Shillington, White, Tilse and Buttriss.

I'm a Dragons fan, so let me say this, Stuart is either very unlucky or something about his coaching style needs to see clubs turned inside out, mass clean outs, get fans all stressed out. He starts this mass clean out and tells half the team thy are on notice and not wanted next year like he did at Eels then only game you'll win will be against us!

He is a fraud and that eggshell super intensive attitude only works in small spurts like Origin or coaching rep sides, not the week in week out schedule of NRL, it will eventually grind you down.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I think it's a bit of both flamethrower. The raiders were in a bad way this year even if we had the best coach in the world but it also doesn't look like Stuart is getting much from the (admittedly poor) cattle. I've seen some average raiders sides in my time. The Elliot years had some plodding teams carried by Schifcofske but they put in. This side is arguably more talented (loss of Dugan and Ferguson withstanding) but they are playing like pea hearts.

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
The re-signing of Tilse and McCrone is disappointing if a clean out is what is in order. That would have been about where I would start with a clean out.

Any word on how Baptise and McIllwrick are playing? I'd be working towards a brand new spine next season with Wighton back to centre. The younger guys like Cornish, Baptise etc can't be that much worse than what is already there atm.

Wizard Sleeve

Juniors
I'm sure Ricky will add a few of his representative signings to the team . Anthony Tupou must be sitting by the phone as we speak .