What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Jamberoo

Juniors
Good, because spending $150M on a stadium in the middle of nowhere for 10 games of Rugby 7s would be ridiculous.
It is getting a makeover. Probably upgrade media facilities and lighting. 2k seats and some standing room will be enough. Gippsland’s population is sparse and I can’t see many travelling from Melbourne. It’s not somewhere they should play NRL games.

on Ch 9 just now

Vlandys about to hold the NSW Govt over a barrel re the NRL GF , threatening to take it away to QLD as soon as this year & other states in the coming years unless the NSW Govt commits to suburban stadium upgrades with a concrete plan , agreement & time line

the QLD Govt has a 10 mill a year contract ready to go if Perritot does not give the NRL what it wants

I hope they're held to the full 800 mill too

not 650 , with 150 mill spent on a pointless roof on homebush. If they want that , thats fine but it shouldn't be part of the suburban plan.
Penrith & Brookvale are a lock in at about 600 mill for a brand new stadium 25K seat at penrith , & new grand stands on the eastern , western & sthn sides at brookie to go with the Fulton stand making it a modern 20K all seater

who gets the rest ?

Wb1234

Referee
on Ch 9 just now

Vlandys about to hold the NSW Govt over a barrel re the NRL GF , threatening to take it away to QLD as soon as this year & other states in the coming years unless the NSW Govt commits to suburban stadium upgrades with a concrete plan , agreement & time line

the QLD Govt has a 10 mill a year contract ready to go if Perritot does not give the NRL what it wants
Should be 20 million

T-Boon

Coach
Penrith & Brookvale are a lock in at about 600 mill for a brand new stadium 25K seat at penrith , & new grand stands on the eastern , western & sthn sides at brookie to go with the Fulton stand making it a modern 20K all seater

who gets the rest ?

No way either of those are locked in or sensible fiscally for the state.

Wb1234

Referee
I hope they're held to the full 800 mill too

not 650 , with 150 mill spent on a pointless roof on homebush. If they want that , thats fine but it shouldn't be part of the suburban plan.

who gets the rest ?
If the deal doesn’t go through the nrl has sell the grand final to the highest bidder and they have already delivered two brand new grounds without the nrl having to play grand finals in Sydney

Cronulla and Campbelltown after Brookie and Penrith

If the deal doesn’t go through the nrl has sell the grand final to the highest bidder and they have already delivered two brand new grounds without the nrl having to play grand finals in Sydney

Cronulla and Campbelltown after Brookie and Penrith
I think theres no way Peritot will not deliver on the plan now push is coming to shove , but in the unlikely event he doesn't , then good riddance
the NRL deserve the 2 new venues with no commitment to play GF's in Sydney ..

The NSW Govt originally penned a deal with the NRL for 2 billion in upgrades & reneged so reap what you sow

Wb1234

Referee
I think theres no way Peritot will not deliver on the plan now push is coming to shove , but in the unlikely event he doesn't , then good riddance
the NRL deserve the 2 new venues with no commitment to play GF's in Sydney ..

The NSW Govt originally penned a deal with the NRL for 2 billion in upgrades & reneged so reap what you sow
Honestly I’d prefer they sold the grand final each year like they do with origins. Especially a grand final in Melbourne or Auckland would be massive for the nrl

commbank and the new sfs are already great gains

Perth Red

Post Whore
on Ch 9 just now

Should take it, it'll help him pay the legal bills in his war on NSWRL!

Honestly I’d prefer they sold the grand final each year like they do with origins. Especially a grand final in Melbourne or Auckland would be massive for the nrl

commbank and the new sfs are already great gains
I'm with you on this. The NRL GF can be used the same way as Origin to grow the game in Adelaide, Perth, NZ and consolidate Brisbane and Sydney.

Jamberoo

Juniors
I hope Perritt holds strong and we move the GF to Brisbane.
That is better for the game than more suburbanism.
Agree. Neither party has a long term stadium plan. Reckon Peritot will call PVL's bluff and some kind of crap compromise will be worked out.
THe GF should be in Sydney every second year, in Brisbane most other years, with the occasional Melbourne game.

The Great Dane

First Grade
If the NRL's threats to take the GF away from Sydney were serious then they would have done it already.

This will be just like the last two times the NRL has had such an agreement with the NSW gov. The NSW gov will break that agreement at their leisure, safe in the knowledge that the NRL will 'compromise' with them, i.e. take it up the arse, rather than follow through on their threat.

We'll probably piss off the Qld gov, and potentially other stakeholders as well, so badly that we'll have to come up with some other gimmick like the Magic Round to make it up to them as well.

At this point it's a joke that the NRL keeps going on with this nonsense.

Wb1234

Referee
If the NRL's threats to take the GF away from Sydney were serious then they would have done it already.

This will be just like the last two times the NRL has had such an agreement with the NSW gov. The NSW gov will break that agreement at their leisure, safe in the knowledge that the NRL will 'compromise' with them, i.e. take it up the arse, rather than follow through on their threat.

We'll probably piss off the Qld gov, and potentially other stakeholders as well, so badly that we'll have to come up with some other gimmick like the Magic Round to make it up to them as well.

At this point it's a joke that the NRL keeps going on with this nonsense.
The nsw government has already delivered one stadium, and soon will deliver another. I think the Penrith stadium is guaranteed as well

tell me again about what’s happening to the stadium in Canberra ? Oh yeh the government is still trying to build a new ground for the afl

The Great Dane

First Grade
THe GF should be in Sydney every second year, in Brisbane most other years, with the occasional Melbourne game.
No, if you're going to do it, do it properly.

Rotate it yearly to the highest bidder that meets a set of minimum standards. The only rule aside from that should be that it can't be held in the same city two years in a row.

None of this BS where some cities get the privilege of being handed it on a rotation while others have to pay through the noise in a bidding process, all that does is alienates people whom should be partners.

Last edited: