What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

MugaB

Coach
Play the qld teams and the big Sydney clubs at Suncorp

play the rest and a new 30k stadium at Redcliffe
12k you mean... i did hear they were thinking of increasing it to 16-17k with their own funds... which i applaud them if they do so, main thing is that they have to get a move on with it after the 1st few seasons, then they'll start raking it in when it comes to playing clubs like manly, dogs, raiders etc... and as pointed out qld derbys, storm, parra, souths.. all gotta be at suncorp no matter what..

Wb1234

Referee
12k you mean... i did hear they were thinking of increasing it to 16-17k with their own funds... which i applaud them if they do so, main thing is that they have to get a move on with it after the 1st few seasons, then they'll start raking it in when it comes to playing clubs like manly, dogs, raiders etc... and as pointed out qld derbys, storm, parra, souths.. all gotta be at suncorp no matter what..
Qld govt are apparently spending billions on a new gabba

surely they can find 300 million for a new stadium at Redcliffe. I think they have the roar playing there too
I don’t think they’d need a 30k seat stadium for the smaller teams.
gabba doesn’t need 2.5 billion but the lions are going to get that leg up

Qld govt are apparently spending billions on a new gabba

surely they can find 300 million for a new stadium at Redcliffe. I think they have the roar playing there too

gabba doesn’t need 2.5 billion but the lions are going to get that leg up

My concern would be the govt will demand more than just 3-4 games at this stadium if they’re to spend $300m. And ultimately that‘s bad for the NRL and the Dolphins.

Sure, if they can get a new stadium without having to commit more than a few games there, go for it. But I don’t see any govt signing off on that.

Wb1234

Referee
Who's paying for this?

Edit - Saw your reply, shame it's not based in reality.
Yeh it’s not like every other qld rugby league club got a purpose built stadium for it and the state government having a budget of billions to upgrade stadia

Ballymore is in line for an upgrade and that’s privately owned

siv

First Grade
I'm in section 116 and the view is very good, the atmosphere even during the State Championship was terrific.
Nothing really wrong as a big event venue!
Go down to around row 10 from the front and see how much of the near sidelines/try lines you can see without standing

Last edited:

Colk

First Grade
Just get putin to drop a nuke on it it’s beyond saving

what a dump

it’s a shame allianz is only 40k

Haha I think a destroyed Allianz would be the least of our worries in that case.

You could rebuild or reconfigure it. Nevertheless for the size of a city like Sydney, you need a world class stadium of over 80k.

Wb1234

Referee
Haha I think a destroyed Allianz would be the least of our worries in that case.

You could rebuild or reconfigure it. Nevertheless for the size of a city like Sydney, you need a world class stadium of over 80k.

It’s beyond saving. The rake of the stands is so flat.

suncorp craps all over it too

your literally watching the big screen for most of the game for most seats

Colk

First Grade

It’s beyond saving. The rake of the stands is so flat.

suncorp craps all over it too

your literally watching the big screen for most of the game for most seats

Fair enough. I wouldn’t go that far but knock it down and rebuild it if need be.

I think based on the size of the city you need a bigger stadium than 40k which is the next biggest stadium. If you want to attract the massive events you need a commensurate stadium otherwise you’ll be using every event to Melbourne and even Perth or Brisbane

Wb1234

Referee
Fair enough. I wouldn’t go that far but knock it down and rebuild it if need be.

I think based on the size of the city you need a bigger stadium than 40k which is the next biggest stadium. If you want to attract the massive events you need a commensurate stadium otherwise you’ll be using every event to Melbourne and even Perth or Brisbane
Those nosebleeds were selling for over 300 bucks a Pop each too lmao