What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Future NRL Stadiums

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

In 2008, the City of Sydney began investigating the possibility of putting development above reclaimed airspace between Central and Redfern.

Build a f**ken stadium there!

Von Neumann

Juniors

With this story, the second posted by El Dib, is much closer to the truth.

Now, this is just my opinion but I think some of the plans given by people on this very site! lol

Like in the article......I kid you not --- some of the plans given on this site, about a stadium at liverpool and then parra, and a spruce up of sfs, whatnot, you know, they probably do put the stadia closer to the fans.

There is heavy rail/light rail solutions. I still see agenda in these articles. But its closer to the truth.

The trouble with the whole stadia-here, stadia-there strategy (so we've been told) is that there is no real money for that, or the other angle - which we know to be true --- there is no DESIRE for that.

But trust me, I would support such a plan, and I know many of us would on here.

The trouble is, on balance, with everything as it is, it just makes it impossible, seems.

We have the Trust fighting the ANZ stadium, and really - thats like telling us there are two flavors of ice cream, when we know there's more than 10 (at least)

Go West: New Parramatta Stadium will see fans closer to the action than anywhere in Australia
December 7, 2016 10:00pm
Andrew Clennell
6e4b0397b36d66ff1698e70861385bb4

An artists impression of the new Parramatta stadium set for construction in 2017.

PARRAMATTA’S new stadium will boast the steepest stands in Australia, making it an even better rectangular stadium for sports and music spectators than Suncorp in Brisbane.

The Baird government is expected to announce the design details for Western Sydney Stadium today and will also reveal Lend Lease as the builder for the $300 million future home of the Parramatta Eels and Western Sydney Wanderers.

The layout will ensure the 30,000-seat stands will boast 100 per cent rooftop cover of supporters. The major project will also feature 3000 premium seats, 54 suites and will hold 40,000 concertgoers.

Premier Mike Baird and Sports Minister Stuart Ayres will today announce Lend Lease has won the contract to design and build Western Sydney Stadium.

“We’re getting on with the job of delivering the biggest investment in sporting and entertainment infrastructure since the 2000 Olympics, and our first cab off the rank in our $1.6 billion stadiums package is truly jaw-dropping,” Mr Baird said.

“This design boasts Australia’s steepest stands to ensure fans will be closer to the action than they are at Brisbane’s Suncorp Stadium, or any other in the country.”

Work will begin on the stadium next year and is set to be completed by 2019.

The stadium has been designed to “respect the cultural heritage of Parramatta”, the government says.

The height of the stadium won’t have an impact on views from Parramatta landmark Old Government House and the training field will be lowered to allow views of the Old Kings Oval.

The rectangular stadium will be used for rugby league, union and football.

There will be four team changerooms to allow women’s games to be played before a men’s game, and two big video screens.

A “zone” outside the stadium fronting O’Connell St will be used for community events and market days, and the stadium will also boast extensive Wi-Fi coverage.

All steel to build the stadium will be sourced from Western Sydney.

“The Western Sydney economy will benefit from 1200 jobs that will be created during construction, and at least 900 ongoing jobs to support the stadium and the major sporting events and concerts it will attract for decades to come,” Mr Baird said.

Mr Ayres said the stadium was a “game changer for Sydney’s sporting heartland”.

“The new jewel in the Parramatta crown, Western Sydney Stadium was designed with the entire fan experience in mind, featuring all the mod-cons like Wi-Fi and an activation precinct set to draw the crowds on game day,” Mr Ayres said.

“Western Sydney now has a stadium to set a new standard for sporting experience in Sydney, a precinct of global significance we can all be proud of.”

Work to demolish Pirtek Stadium will begin in early 2017, with the new venue scheduled to open in early 2019. The rest of the government’s stadiums package involves an $800 million rebuild of ANZ Stadium as well as a refurbishment of Allianz Stadium.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...a/news-story/7c3c10af95909dc00daa27709c3e19c9

magpie_man

Juniors
This is great. I'm really looking forward to this, especially the zone fronting O'Connell Street - it will really enhance the experience on game day. Hopefully the Tigers play there a few times.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/sydneys-new-stadium-to-be-australias-steepest-20161207-gt6esk.html

1481146873670.jpg

The state government has released designs for its new $300 million, 30,000-seat stadium at Parramatta.

The government says the new stadium will have the steepest stands of any in Australia bringing the fans close to the field of play.

"Fans will be closer to the action than they are at Brisbane's Suncorp Stadium, or any other in the country," said NSW Premier Mike Baird.

Mr Baird described the project and other investments in new and old stadiums totalling $1.6 billion as "the biggest investment in sporting and entertainment infrastructure since the 2000 Olympics".

Sports Minister Stuart Ayres said the stadium would feature "all the mod cons like Wi-Fi".

Work to demolish the existing stadium will begin next year with a 2019 completion date in mind.

Construction giant Lendlease has been awarded the contract. The state government says 1200 construction jobs and 900 ongoing jobs will be created by the project.

But Labor said the government had spent considerably more than its first plans for the stadium redevelopment.

"We now have a plan that adds only 5000 seats, has increased the cost from $120 million and demolishes Parramatta Memorial Pool and takes land away from Parramatta Park Trust," said ALP's sports spokeswoman Lynda Voltz.

"This has been done without any public consultation."

The state government's plans controversially include the closure and demolition of the Parramatta Pool from the end of this summer's swimming season.

Parramatta Council says it is negotiating with the state government for joint funding of a replacement swimming centre and has commissioned a study into replacement sites.

A rally is being held on Sunday to protest the pool's closure.

johnny plath

Juniors
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/sydneys-new-stadium-to-be-australias-steepest-20161207-gt6esk.html

1481146873670.jpg

The state government has released designs for its new $300 million, 30,000-seat stadium at Parramatta.

The government says the new stadium will have the steepest stands of any in Australia bringing the fans close to the field of play.

"Fans will be closer to the action than they are at Brisbane's Suncorp Stadium, or any other in the country," said NSW Premier Mike Baird.

Mr Baird described the project and other investments in new and old stadiums totalling $1.6 billion as "the biggest investment in sporting and entertainment infrastructure since the 2000 Olympics".

Sports Minister Stuart Ayres said the stadium would feature "all the mod cons like Wi-Fi".

Work to demolish the existing stadium will begin next year with a 2019 completion date in mind.

Construction giant Lendlease has been awarded the contract. The state government says 1200 construction jobs and 900 ongoing jobs will be created by the project.

But Labor said the government had spent considerably more than its first plans for the stadium redevelopment.

"We now have a plan that adds only 5000 seats, has increased the cost from $120 million and demolishes Parramatta Memorial Pool and takes land away from Parramatta Park Trust," said ALP's sports spokeswoman Lynda Voltz.

"This has been done without any public consultation."

The state government's plans controversially include the closure and demolition of the Parramatta Pool from the end of this summer's swimming season.

Parramatta Council says it is negotiating with the state government for joint funding of a replacement swimming centre and has commissioned a study into replacement sites.

A rally is being held on Sunday to protest the pool's closure.
Having a whinge here but that image really shits me. why the f**k do they have the colours and imagery of the Wanderers. The eels have the history and should be treated like the major tenant - promoting Parramatta stadium should be dominated by eels imagery and colours, and just a few token bits of Wanderers shit if they have to.

Having a whinge here but that image really shits me. why the f**k do they have the colours and imagery of the Wanderers. The eels have the history and should be treated like the major tenant - promoting Parramatta stadium should be dominated by eels imagery and colours, and just a few token bits of Wanderers shit if they have to.
because the media hates league........ i totally agree with you

Stormwarrior82

Juniors

Thought the same when I saw it.

Also maybe parramatta/Nrl could help the council and state government direct funds to help build a nice pool with a gym and facilitates similar to a center of excellence? Surely that would be a win win for everyone?

GAZF

First Grade
I could be talking out of my arse but did I hear the Wanderers or FFA were pitching in on the construction costs? The Eels really seem to be in the back seat with this whole thing, maybe they have too much of a stink on them at the moment.

T-Boon

Coach
Its a weird one and shits me as a Parra fan.
But I suspect the motivation is that the government wants the image to be that it is a stadium for all of western sydney not just the city of parramatta and the Wanderers are just better to depict that. They are probably even hoping that there will be more than 1 Rugby League tenant.

We're being a bit padantic aren't we?

The image of inside the stadium is clearly rugby league , with eels colours on the left hand side.

I could be talking out of my arse but did I hear the Wanderers or FFA were pitching in on the construction costs? The Eels really seem to be in the back seat with this whole thing, maybe they have too much of a stink on them at the moment.

No. Zero money is coming from the FFA or wanderers.

Note my post above though , eels colours are visible on the inside the stadium picture.

Thought the same when I saw it.

Also maybe parramatta/Nrl could help the council and state government direct funds to help build a nice pool with a gym and facilitates similar to a center of excellence? Surely that would be a win win for everyone?

The govt has promised a new pool , no need for the NRL to pitch in.

LineBall

Juniors
Looks like Parra will have a great stadium. Just wish their home games were all for 3:00 pm on a Sunday arvo so that they will have the best chance of having a full house.

T.S Quint

Coach

Since we take 2 of our games to ANZ and 1 to Darwin, the Eels aren't really the major tenants anymore.
The Wanderers play more games there than we do.
We are the ones with the big f**ken leagues club next door though.

GAZF

First Grade
But I suspect the motivation is that the government wants the image to be that it is a stadium for all of western sydney not just the city of parramatta and the Wanderers are just better to depict that.

Although the Wanderers have a more generic name than Parra, their fanbase is perceived to come from a very narrow demographic.

No. Zero money is coming from the FFA or wanderers.

Note my post above though , eels colours are visible on the inside the stadium picture.

Yeah, I don't know why I thought that. It just seems that the government is kissing the Wanderers' behind over Parra stadium. Maybe it was to get the FFA onside for the entire stadia strategy. The Eels come across almost as an afterthought.

GAZF

First Grade
Since we take 2 of our games to ANZ and 1 to Darwin, the Eels aren't really the major tenants anymore.
The Wanderers play more games there than we do.
We are the ones with the big f**ken leagues club next door though.
And arguably the higher upside in terms of crowds if they ever get their act together.

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
The govt has promised a new pool , no need for the NRL to pitch in.

I guess you didn't understand my post.

Does parramatta have a center of excellence? Why couldn't parra put a proposal together that includes said pool as well as a gym, hi tech training rooms, ice baths etc and get government funding for it? They would be stupid if they didn't. It's the bigger picture.

For shits and giggles, Para should wait until ANZ redeveloped and announce they are moving there.