What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Future NRL Stadiums

T-Boon

Coach
Looks great. Move Bulldogs and Tigers there as well and only use ANZ for SUnday afternoon Sydney blockbusters

Any time one of the Western Sydney teams plays a non Sydney team or Manly, Roosters or Cronulla they should just play at Parra. Any Western Darby should be played at ANZ.

Suitman

Post Whore
Not sure why there is so much butt hurt about the video.
The Wanderers ARE the major tenant now. They pretty much average the same as the Eels when games at Parra stadium only are taken into account, and they sure play more games there, as Parra take their big games elsewhere.
Why does it matter though?
It's only a promotional video.
The stadium will be built for both clubs and maybe others. It's a govt project.
It's for the use of anyone who wants to use it.

T-Boon

Coach
The Wanderers ARE the major tenant now. They pretty much average the same as the Eels when games at Parra stadium only are taken into account

They may average the same in ground attendances but Eels games on TV get 3 or 4 times the viewership. Thats where the ground gets its money from in terms of sponsorship and such. We are the major tenant. Always thus, always thus will be.

T-Boon

Coach
I stand to be corrected on the above in terms of whether bigger TV (way bigger TV) means anything from a ground sponsorship perspective...I just want to make it abundantly clear that the Eels are way bigger than WSW. Especially in terms of TV.

Suitman

Post Whore
I stand to be corrected on the above in terms of whether bigger TV (way bigger TV) means anything from a ground sponsorship perspective...I just want to make it abundantly clear that the Eels are way bigger than WSW. Especially in terms of TV.

In terms of TV viewership - yes. No problem with that. The facts are irrefutable. What's that got to do with the build of a new stadium though? The truth is the Wanderers are the major tenant due to the Eels choice to move bigger games elsewhere. Not sure why you have a problem with this?
It's not a dick measuring contest. It's just the way it is atm.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Its a weird one and shits me as a Parra fan.
But I suspect the motivation is that the government wants the image to be that it is a stadium for all of western sydney not just the city of parramatta and the Wanderers are just better to depict that. They are probably even hoping that there will be more than 1 Rugby League tenant.

Its good that they seem to be doing the stadium in neutral colours, it would be impossible to convince other teams to use this as a home ground if everything was blue and gold...

I also hope they rename it "Cumberland stadium"; throw back to the history o the ground and makes it more of a neutral venue for NRL teams

T-Boon

Coach
In terms of TV viewership - yes. No problem with that. The facts are irrefutable. What's that got to do with the build of a new stadium though? The truth is the Wanderers are the major tenant due to the Eels choice to move bigger games elsewhere. Not sure why you have a problem with this?
It's not a dick measuring contest. It's just the way it is atm.

I am questioning your ascertain that the Wanderers are the "major tenant". Thats all. No big deal.

WSW play a handful more games there. Does that make them the major tenant? I don't know. I am thinking the tenant that brings the most money in for the stadium owner is probably the major tenant. Or maybe whoever pays the most rent, Or maybe there isn't a major tenant. Maybe they are equal.

I've guess Ive got no problem with the ad. Exciting times.

T-Boon

Coach
Its good that they seem to be doing the stadium in neutral colours, it would be impossible to convince other teams to use this as a home ground if everything was blue and gold...

I also hope they rename it "Cumberland stadium"; throw back to the history o the ground and makes it more of a neutral venue for NRL teams

Yeah, I suppose they will name it after a stadium sponsor eventually. Maybe 'Under Armour Stadium' or 'Lorna Jane Stadium'. Or 'Arab Bank Stadium'.

ed-grimley

Bench

Sounds good to me.

Von Hipper

Juniors

its good they're doing a stadium at all. i remember some people going yeh nah it won't be a quality stadium, it won't have steep stands, the "c" measure will suck, its sydney, its rugby league, life's lousy cry cry, ect.

The people of sydney are remarkable at talking themselves down

Last Week

Bench
The Wanderers ARE the major tenant now. They pretty much average the same as the Eels when games at Parra stadium only are taken into account, and they sure play more games there, as Parra take their big games elsewhere.
Why does it matter though?
It's only a promotional video.
The stadium will be built for both clubs and maybe others. It's a govt project.
It's for the use of anyone who wants to use it.

The Queensland A League side play more games at Suncorp than the Broncos, including all their big matches. Does that make them the primary tennant there?

Perth Red

Post Whore
It probably would if they were getting bigger crowds than the broncos?

If this stadium opportunity is going to deliver for NRL then it can't be parramattas stadium, it needs to be western sydneys stadium with rugby league its main usage. That means it being used at least once a week, ideally two to three times a week for NRL games. It's ashamed the NRL didn't have the resources topart own and eventually fully own it like afl has done in Melbourne, could have become what the SFS used to be, RL's main stadium.

What's the traffic and public transport links like to it? That always seems to be a major excuse in Sydney for RL fans not attending games.

Von Hipper

Juniors
This stadium is a godsend. Steep stands, great facilities, modern, good capacity, definitely a great atmosphere.

PR is right, really every other opinion was stunningly off base in the premise. RL is at the stage where it would need to make it it's own, with at least 2 teams playing there.

But it's the Wanderers stadium too. The mere fact that they're not using Parra right now is hardly surprising given the stuff that's been going on there.

But the future is brighter for Parra now and any other team playing there. I can't imagine fans not wanting to go.

It's my understanding the transport is a part of the plans to help feed these stadia.

Von Hipper

Juniors
Yeah, I suppose they will name it after a stadium sponsor eventually. Maybe 'Under Armour Stadium' or 'Lorna Jane Stadium'. Or 'Arab Bank Stadium'.

Lol! Arab bank as in no interest rates lol. Under arm-or haha.

I am questioning your ascertain that the Wanderers are the "major tenant". Thats all. No big deal.

WSW play a handful more games there. Does that make them the major tenant? I don't know. I am thinking the tenant that brings the most money in for the stadium owner is probably the major tenant. Or maybe whoever pays the most rent, Or maybe there isn't a major tenant. Maybe they are equal.

I've guess Ive got no problem with the ad. Exciting times.

It is no big deal considering more than one sport uses it. The usual suspects get worked up with nrl imperialism, probably a Dikpert Murdoch thing, the insecure billionaire his editors would have us believe.

I think pr said that best because believe me everyone I reckon was looking at the field wondering where the goal posts were. I think they realise the nrl will use it more but in terms of showing it off due to parra being currupt mofo's who observe no law atm lolz, and probably a soccer fan in art (bet they make more soccer stadia than Rugby, and I love narrower soccer lanes on sidelines) and for balance.

Edit: Other renders have the nrl posts

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/new-look-parramatta-stadium-design-unveiled/

Last edited:

alien

Referee
6e4b0397b36d66ff1698e70861385bb4

1481146873670.jpg

looks awesome.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Looks great a proper rectangular venue in this state for once. but why have Parra been so quiet on this release? I have not heard a peep from them meanwhile the promo showing it wanders colours and their CEO have been all over the various media platforms. if Parra are trying to make the wanders look like the primary Tennant they are doing a good job.

Even thr NRL should have been front and centrelink the announcement in some form. but I have seen nothing so far

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Its a pretty poor simulation of wanderers fans tbh. Where's the sausage fest mob chanting, smashing up shops and initimidating people?
Where's the flares?