What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Future NRL Stadiums

Perth Red

Post Whore
97???
Haha
You mentioned teams that didn't even play in the same comp for fux sake.

Deflection at its best.

That probably has more to do with the fact that there is not enough interest in rugby league in WA.
They tried it before.
Nobody went... worst crowds in the game.
You've be proved wrong, poor troll attempt. end of discussion.

Back to future stadiums and how Cronulla are going to find the money to sort their antiquated ground out........​

taipan

Referee

Deflection at its best.

Back to future stadiums and how Cronulla are going to find the money to sort their antiquated ground out........​

Proved absolutely zilch Sandgroper, but keep up the whining.The Sharks will keep on with their money making development.
They'll extend section by section. A CofE which other codes in the area have expressed interest in using.

You in the meantime have to rely on the state govt and the patchwork NIB stadium , and still no guarantee of a team.:(.You can't even fill it now.
Need to get back to watching the G/F on DVD,instead of wasting my waking hours feeding a Pommy troll.:)

Arnold

Juniors
If you knew anything about the sport outside the NRL you might actually have some hope of knowing exactly why East Coast would go with an Eastern Suburbs logo.

And I can see Eastern Suburbs on the logo on my iPhone so you must be blind as well as thick.

This is called selective vision you can read it cos you know what it says not because you can see it clearly. You're being tricked.

I thought it was Balmain as it is their logo.

Arnold

Juniors

Deflection at its best.

Did it ever occur to you what the value of the land the stadium is sitting on is worth?

This is called selective vision you can read it cos you know what it says not because you can see it clearly. You're being tricked.

I thought it was Balmain as it is their logo.
No it isn't. It's an Eastern Suburbs Tigers logo. That's why it says Eastern Suburbs Tigers.

And I can read it in any case. Not just because I know what it is, but because I can actually see the letters and comprehend them. I look at the letters and the order in which they appear and I use my expert knowledge of the English language and am able to decipher what the word is and means. It's quite a skill and I'm very proud of it.

And even if you couldn't read the letters, I don't know how Eastern Suburbs could possibly be mistaken for Balmain on the length of the word/s alone.

carcharias

Immortal

Deflection at its best.

Deflection?

You used crowd figures from a different bloody comp.

I used real figures like the sharks having about 4000 more people per game than the western reds.

You used st George and Illawarra in a year where they were abysmal and at least one them about to fold.
From a different comp all together.

Hahahaha

Sharks 2016 Premiers.
I just love writing that.

Deflection?

You used crowd figures from a different bloody comp.

I used real figures like the sharks having about 4000 more people per game than the western reds.

You used st George and Illawarra in a year where they were abysmal and at least one them about to fold.
From a different comp all together.

Hahahaha

Sharks 2016 Premiers.
I just love writing that.
And you used a figure from Cronulla in a year in which they made the grand final and they still only averaged 13k. And ignored the fact the Reds got bigger crowds than Cronulla in 1995. And carried on about Perth being isolated yet this actually makes their crowds more impressive because Sydney clubs' crowds are boosted by away fans from down the road. And the fact clubs were in different comps really doesn't make any difference. Perth still got bigger crowds than Penrith in 1997 (and Penrith made the finals!) even if you just look at Super League so by any possible measure your claim that Perth had the worst crowds is pure bullshit.

carcharias

Immortal
And you used a figure from Cronulla in a year in which they made the grand final and they still only averaged 13k. And ignored the fact the Reds got bigger crowds than Cronulla in 1995. And carried on about Perth being isolated yet this actually makes their crowds more impressive because Sydney clubs' crowds are boosted by away fans from down the road. And the fact clubs were in different comps really doesn't make any difference. Perth still got bigger crowds than Penrith in 1997 (and Penrith made the finals!) even if you just look at Super League so by any possible measure your claim that Perth had the worst crowds is pure bullshit.

Av 6000 at the end of 96
About to fold
Super league saved their arse
Av 8000 at the end of 97 owing 10 million

Even SL said see ya

You work it out.

Arnold

Juniors
No it isn't. It's an Eastern Suburbs Tigers logo. That's why it says Eastern Suburbs Tigers.

And I can read it in any case. Not just because I know what it is, but because I can actually see the letters and comprehend them. I look at the letters and the order in which they appear and I use my expert knowledge of the English language and am able to decipher what the word is and means. It's quite a skill and I'm very proud of it.

And even if you couldn't read the letters, I don't know how Eastern Suburbs could possibly be mistaken for Balmain on the length of the word/s alone.

You are an A grade asshole.

Av 6000 at the end of 96
About to fold
Super league saved their arse
Av 8000 at the end of 97 owing 10 million

Even SL said see ya

You work it out.
Work what out? Your figures are wrong for a start because they averaged 8,000+ in 1996 (which was more than several Sydney clubs). Secondly, they were sacrificed during the peace talks, as were the Crushers (remember you advocated a second Brisbane team earlier). And thirdly Cronulla was about to fold when they were bailed out by the NSWRL as well and several other clubs have been in the same boat.

carcharias

Immortal
Work what out? Your figures are wrong for a start because they averaged 8,000+ in 1996 (which was more than several Sydney clubs). Secondly, they were sacrificed during the peace talks, as were the Crushers (remember you advocated a second Brisbane team earlier). And thirdly Cronulla was about to fold when they were bailed out by the NSWRL as well and several other clubs have been in the same boat.
Learn to read

At the end of 96 they were averaging 6000

The honeymoon was definitely over
They paid blokes and absolute fortune to move there to play.
They also had to pay for all opposition teams airfares.

It was a complete disaster.

Cronulla survived.
It was tough but we managed to do it .

We did not have the luxury of being paid to play at certain grounds.
We had to pay for all the maintenance ourselves.
No other team in the game has had that burden.

Now we are prospering

Learn to read

At the end of 96 they were averaging 6000

The honeymoon was definitely over
They paid blokes and absolute fortune to move there to play.
They also had to pay for all opposition teams airfares.

It was a complete disaster.

Cronulla survived.
It was tough but we managed to do it .

We did not have the luxury of being paid to play at certain grounds.
We had to pay for all the maintenance ourselves.
No other team in the game has had that burden.

Now we are prospering

The Reds averaged 8262 in 1996.

http://afltables.com/rl/crowds/1996.html

So wrong again. Can't read numbers as well as words.

And they paid for other teams airfares, which no other team has ever had to do. That actually just goes to show how unfairly they were treated. Imagine one club having to pay their airfares AND every other team's to their city today. Cronulla would have been completely f**ked if they'd been treated like that. They had to be bailed out by the NSWRL as it was and then shat on them to sign with Murdoch.

carcharias

Immortal
The Reds averaged 8262 in 1996.

http://afltables.com/rl/crowds/1996.html

So wrong again. Can't read numbers as well as words.

And they paid for other teams airfares, which no other team has ever had to do. That actually just goes to show how unfairly they were treated. Imagine one club having to pay their airfares AND every other team's to their city today. Cronulla would have been completely f**ked if they'd been treated like that. They had to be bailed out by the NSWRL as it was and then shat on them to sign with Murdoch.

Mate I can't make you understand

The reds were only averaging 6000 per game by the end of the year 1996
Not for the entire year.

The people who pay the bills understand what this stat means.
You clearly don't.

Yes we certainly did sign with super league
We were smart
It kept us alive
Now we are the best team in the comp
On and off the field.

Last edited:

unforgiven

Bench
Mate I can't make you understand

The reds were only averaging 6000 per game by the end of the year 1996
Not for the entire year.

The people who pay the bills understand what this stat means.
You clearly don't.

Yes we certainly did sign with super league
We were smart
It kept us alive
Now we are the best team in the comp
On and off the field.

You do understand the meaning of average?

How many games at the end of 1996 are you using to come up with the average of 6000?

Even if average the last 2 games for the 1996 season (which would be just dumb) the average is closer to 7000 than 6000. The last match had 7564.

Your average argument makes no sense

Last edited:

carcharias

Immortal
You do understand the meaning of average?

How many games at the end of 1996 are you using to come up with the average of 6000?

Even if average the last 2 games for the 1996 season (which would be just dumb) the average is closer to 7000 than 6000. The last match had 7564.

Your average argument makes no sense

That's not what I'm saying.

I'm saying that by the end of 1996 they were averaging about 6000 per game.

crowd numbers had dropped off badly.

That's the situation they faced.

A one team city that has massive overheads can only get 6000 to a game.

The numbers were dropping consistently over the 4-5 years they existed.

But ey don't let the facts get in the way of a pipe dream.

Latest posts