What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Future NRL Stadiums

bottle

Coach
I've expressed my views on this a number of times. It won't happen because there is no vision. A 80-100k capacity stadium at Homebush for our game.

Suitman

Post Whore
We already have that.
Am I missing something?

We need a stadium for games that aren't going to draw crowds like yesterday.
30-35000 is perfect for that.

Suity

bottle

Coach
We already have that.
Am I missing something?

We need a stadium for games that aren't going to draw crowds like yesterday.
30-35000 is perfect for that.

Suity

If you are referring to ANZ and you think that it was tailor built for the rectangular sports then yes, you clearly are.

Suitman

Post Whore
If you are referring to ANZ and you think that it was tailor built for the rectangular sports then yes, you clearly are.

We already have a 80000 seat stadium.
I never said anything about it being tailor made for rectangle sports, and they ain't going to build another one.
The best we can hope for is they f**k off all the oval based sports and rectangularise (lol) Homebush. We still need a smaller rectangle stadium in the west, just like the east has.

Suity

Timbo

Staff member
ANZ is a billion dollar piece of infrastructure built less than 20 years ago. We're stuck with it for at least the next quarter-century, so we may as well suck it up and make the best of a bad situation.

Timbo

Staff member
Also, I agree with Suity - missing the soccer World Cup really sucked for all the rectangular codes as we missed out on a sweet new 30,000 seater at Blacktown, plus there would have been upgrades galore for places like Parramatta and Kogarah to host warm up matches. I think the Blacktown stadium is still a must, albeit a bit more on the cheap than the whiz-bang one originally proposed.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Also, I agree with Suity - missing the soccer World Cup really sucked for all the rectangular codes as we missed out on a sweet new 30,000 seater at Blacktown, plus there would have been upgrades galore for places like Parramatta and Kogarah to host warm up matches. I think the Blacktown stadium is still a must, albeit a bit more on the cheap than the whiz-bang one originally proposed.

I bet they splash out a bit on this West Sydney stadium once its chosen; particularly if it is in Blacktown.

AMMI park-style should be the minimum...

georgesnmith

Juniors
dont waste $250 million on a new stadium in blacktown, it will be another white elephant

put all the money into ANZ and if theres any left over put a roof on the SFS.

juro

Bench
If they could improve Olympic Park in the following ways:
- get a proper rectangular stadium built there
- improve access for cars, public transport
- increase other facilities like pubs, cafes, shops

then the whole thing could be great. But there is a hell of a lot that needs to be done!

bottle

Coach

then the whole thing could be great. But there is a hell of a lot that needs to be done!

At last, someone gets it.

georgesnmith

Juniors
lol everyone gets it

you dont get there isnt the money for it

wellbe lucky to fix up the one we have

the nsw govt arent putting in 1 billion into a new ground at homebush when they built one 15 years ago and is still perfectly useable.

so unless you have a spare billion handy it aint going to happen

bottle

Coach
So lets keep pissing around small amounts in Liverpool, Parra, Blacktown on band aid solutions yeah?
Isn't this your preferred option?

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Im looking forward to the development of the Homebush area...

Itll be a planned micro-city, which will be great. The 2020 vision looks promising and the area should get some life injected into it...

georgesnmith

Juniors
So lets keep pissing around small amounts in Liverpool, Parra, Blacktown on band aid solutions yeah?
Isn't this your preferred option?

spend it all on ANZ and Allianz and not a cent elsehwere

not a fan of a new stadium out west either, they can all play big games at anz and little ones at home

parra got 50k on monday, even if they build a new stadium out west of 35k it will be too small for them.

in 25 - 50 years sydney will get a new 100k stadium and hopefully this time its built right the first time

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

not a fan of a new stadium out west either, they can all play big games at anz and little ones at home

parra got 50k on monday, even if they build a new stadium out west of 35k it will be too small for them.

in 25 - 50 years sydney will get a new 100k stadium and hopefully this time its built right the first time

The idea of centralised stadums is, in the long term, these teams wont have their own little rundown "home"...

Olympic park will never, I repeat never, get reconfigured so that it is no longer an oval, multi-purpose stadium. We just have to face that as a fact IMO. I do wonder though whether any thought has ever gone into moving the position of the field further to one end of the field for the standard club games (as opposed to being plonked into the middle of the playing surface). It would basically take one end out of action, but would bring the other end right in close to the action, and when you only have a sub 20,000 crowd, you probably don't need both ends anyway.

As for improved access for cars and public transport, IMO it's better catered for than the other main footy ground in Sydney (Allianz). Ever tried driving there on a Friday night? What about getting public transport from the west? You get to Central, and then you still have to get a bus, or walk the rest of the way. How is that any different to Homebush? Obviously that argument changes somewhat once the light rail goes in in the East, but as of today I think they're comparable.

And seriously, who goes shopping before heading to the footy? There's a pub and a couple of eating spots out at Homebush and they're often not overly full when I'm there, so I'd argue that its obviously not a major deal breaker when it comes to footy fans.

bottle

Coach

What are you going on about then with the loling? That's exactly what this...
juro said:

and this...

bottle said:
At last, someone gets it.

is saying.

We are in violent agreement about everything , except, the spending of anymore money on ANZ to try and reconfigure the turd for our game. Make it clear that as the dominant code in the State that any future expenditure should be on a dedicated rectangular stadium in the precinct. That's it, anything less is unacceptable.

bottle

Coach
Olympic park will never, I repeat never, get reconfigured so that it is no longer an oval, multi-purpose stadium. We just have to face that as a fact IMO. I do wonder though whether any thought has ever gone into moving the position of the field further to one end of the field for the standard club games (as opposed to being plonked into the middle of the playing surface). It would basically take one end out of action, but would bring the other end right in close to the action, and when you only have a sub 20,000 crowd, you probably don't need both ends anyway.

As for improved access for cars and public transport, IMO it's better catered for than the other main footy ground in Sydney (Allianz). Ever tried driving there on a Friday night? What about getting public transport from the west? You get to Central, and then you still have to get a bus, or walk the rest of the way. How is that any different to Homebush? Obviously that argument changes somewhat once the light rail goes in in the East, but as of today I think they're comparable.

And seriously, who goes shopping before heading to the footy? There's a pub and a couple of eating spots out at Homebush and they're often not overly full when I'm there, so I'd argue that its obviously not a major deal breaker when it comes to footy fans.

Good, because that isn't what juro proposed, despite you quoting him.