What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gains, Losses and Re-Signings

to_ddeath

Coach
Exactly. More you think about, the more you lot benefit from this than $ouths....
Looks like NRL is squaring up the ledger for Melbourne again after the taking the comps away. Still can't work out how he was squeezed in to your reduced cap. Anyway, that's for another post somewhere else probably. Good luck with him, he's better than Chase that's for sure...

T.

Billythekid

First Grade
I like it because i have really liked what i have seen from Champion. He looks like he is going to develop into one fine centre.

Personally i think aouths have made a huge mistake here, but you wont hear me complaining:D

sheet_ed

Juniors
I get a gut feeling (and I would bet money on this) we only shelled out a pittance for Champion.

The way the deal is structured, one year with a 2 year option deal (in Champion's favour). Means that Souths had to unload him and paid for it. Champion will head to the UK after this year.

Personally, not a fan of Champion, would have preferred Asotasi as I think we are very light on the front row.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
I get a gut feeling (and I would bet money on this) we only shelled out a pittance for Champion.

The way the deal is structured, one year with a 2 year option deal (in Champion's favour). Means that Souths had to unload him and paid for it. Champion will head to the UK after this year.

Personally, not a fan of Champion, would have preferred Asotasi as I think we are very light on the front row.

your dreamin buddy . . .

a pittance for an up and coming centre - who gained interested from sharks.
Again nor will he go to the UK either - he could push for an origin spot.

Storm did picked up some great deals on young players such a Tu'u maori and stanley etc.
Which has reportedly enabled them to operate under the cap and retain slater, cronk and smith.

AB129*

Juniors

:lol:

Noa

First Grade
beau will be a solid to good player but i think most storm fans are hyping him up waaaaaaaay to much.

beau will be a solid to good player but i think most storm fans are hyping him up waaaaaaaay to much.

I tend to agree but would add that with the opportunities he will get around Slater, Cronk and Whiddop then he will have a very strong season.

Stormsally

Juniors
I think it is because he is a 'known' first grade player. Most of the other signings are more of a 'let's hope he works' proposition.

While he is not an Inglis - we need to get used to not having that sort of player in the team. Like Issy, Inglis is a player that you can set up plays around - we will just have to have different players next year.

Noa

First Grade
I think it is because he is a 'known' first grade player. Most of the other signings are more of a 'let's hope he works' proposition.

While he is not an Inglis - we need to get used to not having that sort of player in the team. Like Issy, Inglis is a player that you can set up plays around - we will just have to have different players next year.

i wish we ran set plays for GI sally, normally it was fend for your self. Especailly compared to some of the beautifull plays we ran to the right. I'll say it, and ive thought it for a while, bellamy utilised inglis horribly alot of the time

roopy

Referee
Sinbad Kali is signed for his junior club, Wyong, and has been named in a Newcastle comp selection to play against Knights reserves in their first trial.
It's basically a chance to grab a spot in the Knights NSW cup side, and I suspect he'll be good enough to get one if he has been training.

ballbag

Juniors
Sinbad Kali is signed for his junior club, Wyong, and has been named in a Newcastle comp selection to play against Knights reserves in their first trial.
It's basically a chance to grab a spot in the Knights NSW cup side, and I suspect he'll be good enough to get one if he has been training.
He is already training with CCC

Noa

First Grade
Good to see, I'll be cheering for Sinbad as I rate him. Important to remember that last year was his first year back from a knee re-co, but still saw him run down a winger to save a try v the Sharks.

Latest posts