What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gains, Losses and Re-Signings

Noa

First Grade
At 1 year younger Issy was a regular for Australia, why do they make these stupid comparisons. Id be very worried about Niko getting caught out at center.

At 1 year younger Issy was a regular for Australia, why do they make these stupid comparisons. Id be very worried about Niko getting caught out at center.

Agree...I watched him last year and defensively he was not great.

Attacking wise...unstoppable.

IMO he will be good cover for Duffie and O'Neill.

sallymay

Juniors
Good to see, I'll be cheering for Sinbad as I rate him. Important to remember that last year was his first year back from a knee re-co, but still saw him run down a winger to save a try v the Sharks.

I saw him do that too such a shame he scored 3 trys himself in the nsw cup game b4 saving that try and doing his knee
ill miss him but hope he gets in to the team

African Monkey

First Grade
Yeah I think some of his family live out south.
I heard his uncles /dad played for Mt albert or pt chev.??

I had heard good things about Bryn as a rugby player - if he has swtiched it will really have people at NZRU and ARU Scared.
They will really have to carefully select which players they earmark etc.

Right now NZRU will be scared of the inroads league has been making.
I went to St Peters with Bryn and as far as I know, he has never shown an interest in playing rugby league. His future is definitely in rugby.

Kells

Juniors
with a few players going and adam blair likely to leave i thought i would update our squad Gains, Losses and Re-Signings

Losses:
- stanley - dragons
- champion - titans

Re-Signings:
- duffie - 3 yrs
- widdop - 2 yrs, with 3rd yr option
- proctor - 3 yrs
- Hinchcliffe - 2 yrs

Kells

Juniors
latest update

http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-leag...jects-earls-claim-on-move-20110523-1f0p5.html

The Storm has also re-signed reserve half-back Luke Kelly, who has played only two reserves games this year as he continues to struggle with groin pain following pre-season surgery, and forward Mitchel Johnson to one-year extensions

Losses:
- stanley - dragons
- champion - titans

Re-Signings:
- duffie - 3 yrs
- proctor - 3 yrs
- Hinchcliffe - 2 yrs
- kelly - 1 yr
- johnson - 1 yr

Noa

First Grade
Really suprised with the Kelly signing.

Not because I dont rate him but the is time is NOW for him to be playing 1st grade.

Really suprised with the Kelly signing.

Not because I dont rate him but the is time is NOW for him to be playing 1st grade.

Agree...really not sure about this one.

His opportunities will be very limited with Cronk, Widdop and Blair all ahead in the pecking order for the possies he plays and the U 20's pushing for first grade next year.

Noa

First Grade
Agree...really not sure about this one.

His opportunities will be very limited with Cronk, Widdop and Blair all ahead in the pecking order for the possies he plays and the U 20's pushing for first grade next year.

Who's to say Cooper will see his contract out.

Theres always been talk he wanted a release and now this signing, which doesnt really make sence unless they know theyll need a 7 in a year or 2.

Kells

Juniors

Noa

First Grade
According to the Eels forum we're in contact with a couple of their NYC players. Hopefully we sign Terepo just to annoy the them a little bit more.

Noa

First Grade
One for the future.

I believe that we have signed one of Kiwi-lands best young talents......again.

Outside back, outstanding prospect, only 16.

Kells

Juniors
latest update

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/hoffman-storms-back-from-wigan-20110714-1hg3i.html
blair gone and hoffman back. upset to lose blair but he isnt worth 500 a year, dissapointed hoffman is back but isnt the worst player in the world and hopefully he is only on 200 a year max.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...st-fo-the-season/story-e6frfgbo-1226094524049
Jack Afamasaga signed for the rest of this year. dont expect him to play any games as he came to us rather than the club identifying him. but still good back up in the NSW cup, although they are 3rd on the ladder so not sure if he will get a game?

Losses:
- stanley - dragons
- champion - titans
- a. blair - tigers

Gains:
- hoffman - 3 yrs
- Afamasaga - rest of this season

Re-Signings:
- duffie - 3 yrs
- proctor - 3 yrs
- Hinchcliffe - 2 yrs