What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gains, Losses and Re-Signings

Kells

Juniors
latest update

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...ntract-extension/story-fn2mcuj6-1226036733290
it was a few months ago but forgot to include billy's contract extension till 2015

Losses:
- stanley - dragons
- champion - titans
- a. blair - tigers

Gains:
- hoffman - 3 yrs
- Afamasaga - rest of this season

Re-Signings:
- duffie - 3 yrs
- widdop - 2 yrs, with 3rd yr option
- proctor - 3 yrs
- Hinchcliffe - 2 yrs
- kelly - 1 yr
- johnson - 1 yr
- Norrie - 2 yrs
- slater - 4 yrs

As there any other confirmation on this ??...there is nothing on the Storm site and there has been nothing in the papers apart from the Daily Telecrap ??.

little_aza

Juniors
Noooooooo!!! Though I can understand why Penrith want him back - he's been superb for us. Bobby and Jennings as their centres...that sounds pretty good for them...

I assume then that the centres next year will be Neilson and either O'Neil, Mahe Fonua or Duffie with Niko and Quinn vying for wing spots ??.

Not even sure if Quinn is playing next year ??.

Billythekid

First Grade
Even though we have plenty of centres it's still disappointing to see him go. He really has found a home with us.

If Penrith do sign him i'll be interested to see what they do with Gordon next year. I assumed he would play in the centres with Coote at the back.

little_aza

Juniors
We're in the strange situation where in 2011 we have massive depth in our outside backs (Nielsen, Stanley, Blair, Duffie, O'Neill, Champion, Waqa, Quinn, Niko), but losing Stanley, Blair, Champion and possibly Quinn takes a lot of experience and talent out of our team. Losing Stanley, Champion and Quinn I live live with, but is our cap situation so dire that we have to lose Bobby Blair as well??

Perhaps some of the reasoning is to allow Duffie to move to centre rather than paying lots for a winger...centre is a position I think he would do very well for us..so perhaps: Slater, Waqa, Nielsen, Duffie, O'Neill..with Waqa and some other cheapies as reserves. Quinn's contract is up at the end of this year isn't it? If he's staying, he'd better be on far less than what he is now...

Stormsally

Juniors
The Bobbie Blair to Penrith rumour is just that. It has been denied by Storm and Blair's manager.

He is contracted to the Storm for another year - and why would he leave the starting lineup for Storm to go back to a club he has played more than 12 months in reserve grade???

tezzah

Juniors
I agree. Sounds like a rumour re: Bob. He seems pretty legit at the Storm and has worked his butt off to get in a position where he is showing really good form. It'd almost be like career suicide to get in, settle, then go back to playing backwards!

Maurice Blair has been re-signed for one year plus and additional optional year.

Kostjasyn, Norrie and Waqa have also been re-signed for a year.

Kells

Juniors
latest update

http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/de...display&id=41087&storm-extends-blair-contract
Maurice Blair the latest to commit to the club for another year with an additional year option.
also celebrating the re-signings of key players Bryan Norrie, Rory Kostjasyn and Sisa Waqa. All three have extended their contract for another season with an additional optional year, adding significant depth to the Storm list for 2012.

Losses:
- stanley - dragons
- champion - titans
- a. blair - tigers

Gains:
- hoffman - 3 yrs
- Afamasaga - rest of this season

Re-Signings:
- duffie - 3 yrs
- widdop - 2 yrs, with 3rd yr option
- proctor - 3 yrs
- Hinchcliffe - 2 yrs