What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gallop pleads with Saints to move Home Final - $250k carrot

liaaam_

Juniors
yeh... doust the greedy pig will move it... its a great incentive but there goes any home ground advantage we are meant to have ...

The Dragins have used the SFS as a home ground in previous seasons, so there is still some sort of home ground advantage in using it.

Mind you, you could use the same argument to have them play at Homebush, Belmore, Wollongong, Adelaide, Hurstville and the SCG. They've changed home grounds more often than Wayne Bennett has changed his underpants.

brendothejet

First Grade
Hate to break it to you but if Melbourne get a home final it'll be played at Etihad.

Suck it up princess and let more fans get to the game.

Even so my point remains about the Titans.

im sorry but fans of the Parramatta Eels have had all year to get to a game. They have voted with their feet and are only parachuting in now. St George fans will miss out but you dont hear them complaining.

In fact it could be argued that fans of teams miss out every week as there are obviously more fans than seats at stadiums. However people choose when they do and do not attend.

Everybody new, since last year, that the rules were there for home grounds and St George (like many others) have a 20k ground and that tickets will be rare.

Now because some team finds form we should reward them, instead of the team, the fans and the club that did the hard work to be in the top 2?

joke.

The precedent is there. Manly, Melbourne, Cronulla, St George have all played semi finals at home when they could have played them at larger grounds, but didnt. This should continue as it is within the regulations of the NRL.

Parramatta fans can get in line and buy tickets like the St George fans or they can watch it at their leagues club, on their tv or just wait till someone tells them the score which seemed to be their attitude at the start of the season.

Big Time

Juniors
The Mexicans will be playing at Etihad stadium, a place where they rarely play so there won't be anywhere near the advantage of OP and it also holds over 50k

How are you looking after your fan base when you'd be stopping 20K plus of your fans from seeing it? Ask them if they feel accommodated missing a game that they could've quite easily seen elsewhere. It's all well and good to say get in early for your tickets if it's played at Kogarah which i've read in other threads and is as simplistic as what it is stupid.

Fair enough if it were just a normal game but if every single person who wants to go to this game did that you'd still have the same amount of people missing out regardless of how early they purchased their tickets because the place only holds so many people.

I am a diehard Dragon fan, and too put it bluntly I care more about the win then the cash. If I couldn't get a ticket the game because they played at Kogarah it would not bother me, if it meant increasing our chance of a win. Game gets more money from TV rights then sitting a few extra bums on seats. By playing at Kogarah the game is not going to lose fans. Most of you people who are saying it should be moved, do you plan on actually attending the game. Dragons have earnt the right to play where they want.

Butters

Bench
Even so my point remains about the Titans.

im sorry but fans of the Parramatta Eels have had all year to get to a game. They have voted with their feet and are only parachuting in now. St George fans will miss out but you dont hear them complaining.

In fact it could be argued that fans of teams miss out every week as there are obviously more fans than seats at stadiums. However people choose when they do and do not attend.

Everybody new, since last year, that the rules were there for home grounds and St George (like many others) have a 20k ground and that tickets will be rare.

Now because some team finds form we should reward them, instead of the team, the fans and the club that did the hard work to be in the top 2?

joke.

The precedent is there. Manly, Melbourne, Cronulla, St George have all played semi finals at home when they could have played them at larger grounds, but didnt. This should continue as it is within the regulations of the NRL.

Parramatta fans can get in line and buy tickets like the St George fans or they can watch it at their leagues club, on their tv or just wait till someone tells them the score which seemed to be their attitude at the start of the season.

Yeah because moving the game from a sh*tty suburban ground with a 20k capacity to a world class stadium in the same city with 85k capacity is akin to moving from a world class stadium of 30k capacity to a stadium 1 hour up the road in an entirely different city.

This is a finals game, not just another regular round game. Of course more people will be wanting to get to this game, why not let them? :roll:

The Colonel

Immortal

Actually you've heard more from Dragon fans whinging about missing out tonight then you have heard from Parramatta fans about either game..... ;-)

ingles

Juniors
SO ..... if the MAJOR OBJECTIVE of the NRL is to get bums on seats , why not insist that the game IS NOT TELEVISED LIVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That way , all of these "phantom" 20,000 - 50,000 "fans" who haven't been sighted all year can materialise and everyone will be happy .

OR ...move the Storm's home game - if they get it - ( they only attract 15,000 - 20,000 each home game anyway ) back to Sydney and televise it LIVE to Melbourne .

Another point .... if it somehow panned out that the Broncos and Titans were going to play the GF , would the papers lobby for the NRL to move the game to Suncorp with a week's notice ???????????? Hmmmmm , don't think so .

Are all of the above ridiculous notions ??? Absolutely !!!! But so is this bullsh*t agenda being pushed by News , and fallen for by the new "populist" NRL CEO .

Until then , if I were Doust , I'd tell the NRL to "have sex and travel" .

brendothejet

First Grade
Actually you've heard more from Dragon fans whinging about missing out tonight then you have heard from Parramatta fans about either game..... ;-)

Think of the Masons! Wont somebody think of the masons!

Lol

Butters
Yeah because moving the game from a sh*tty suburban ground with a 20k capacity to a world class stadium in the same city with 85k capacity is akin to moving from a world class stadium of 30k capacity to a stadium 1 hour up the road in an entirely different city.

This is a finals game, not just another regular round game. Of course more people will be wanting to get to this game, why not let them?

Kogarah oval is far from a sh*tty suburban ground. it is a great venue with plenty of atmosphere, a renovated grandstand and player facilities, close to the leagues club and right in the heart of dragons territory.

I know youd rather see every game played in a concrete jungle, but thats your opinion.

If you really want to let the most people in you would be lobbying for the Titans to switch their game too. think of the 20thousand fans who cant go to watch the game. Its not fair.

Red Bear

Referee
Think of the Masons! Wont somebody think of the masons!

Lol

Kogarah oval is far from a sh*tty suburban ground. it is a great venue with plenty of atmosphere, a renovated grandstand and player facilities, close to the leagues club and right in the heart of dragons territory.

I know youd rather see every game played in a concrete jungle, but thats your opinion.

If you really want to let the most people in you would be lobbying for the Titans to switch their game too. think of the 20thousand fans who cant go to watch the game. Its not fair.
An obviously Butters hasnt been to Sydney before
It can definately take an hour to get from kogarah and surrounds to the SFS in sh*tty traffic

Paullyboy

Coach
Kogarah hasn't hosted a final since '98. A grass roots movement worked tirelessly to get St George Illawarra back to Kogarah, and now we should give up the first St George district final in a decade?

Go f**k yerself Gallop.

That's a fair point and I can understand your logic.

Having said that, if St. George go on to lose at Kogarah (which is very possible) then the club has lost out in a big way. If the game is at SFS and the Dragons went on to lose at least they would have had a financial bonus from it.

Slackboy72

Coach

Actually the only dickheads complaining are people who like to go out of their way to whinge about the Dragons.

Rothfield, Timmah and Butters. Like peas in a pod.

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Still too late. Catering is contracted for, boxes are allocated.
Won't be moved.

Given the date isn't confirmed yet, I don't see how that would be set in stone yet anyway.

Regardless, isn't the A-League at the SFS that night?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Actually the only dickheads complaining are people who like to go out of their way to whinge about the Dragons.

Rothfield, Timmah and Butters. Like peas in a pod.
I'll be at WIN Jubilee tonight cheering for the Dragons, where do you get your rubbish from? :?

SilentAssassin

Juniors
That's a fair point and I can understand your logic.

Having said that, if St. George go on to lose at Kogarah (which is very possible) then the club has lost out in a big way. If the game is at SFS and the Dragons went on to lose at least they would have had a financial bonus from it.

Yeah because all they care about is the financial bonus :roll: If they were that worried about the money they would move it. It's about giving the fans/players what they want and deserve.

They didn't play all season to finish 2/3 to get their home ground advantage taken away from them. A lot of work has went into the stadium so why not reward it with a home semi.

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
Gallop shows once again what a reactionist he is.

It's embarrassing the NRL gives these clowns impersonating journalists credibility by letting their propaganda dictate the management of the game. Just ignore the scumbags.

Latest posts