What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gallop pleads with Saints to move Home Final - $250k carrot

sharko

Juniors
Gallop should f**k off..he is a shat administrator and a News Ltd puppet.
The game should stay at Kogarah, the priority is for the home team to win, they play at Kogarah then they are a greater chance of winning than playing away.
There is more dough on offer to progress thru the semis than take a one off payment and get beaten!

petetheileet

First Grade
alot needs to happen before the match is even set in stone yet,

But this shouldnt even be happening, Gallop is putting Dragons in a really bad position to look like the bad guys of the NRL, if Rothfield hasn't already taken care of that!

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
I'll be at WIN Jubilee tonight cheering for the Dragons, where do you get your rubbish from? :?

You're going to be at Kogarah? Just being nosey but why would you be at Kogarah when you have the chance to watch your team win the minor premiership and parade the shield across town at the SFS? Makes no sense to me :?

Firey_Dragon

Coach
You're going to be at Kogarah? Just being nosey but why would you be at Kogarah when you have the chance to watch your team win the minor premiership and parade the shield across town at the SFS? Makes no sense to me :?
His missus is a Saints supporter. Timmah has a bit of a soft spot for Saints I believe.

His missus is a Saints supporter. Timmah has a bit of a soft spot for Saints I believe.

Also Timmah has stated in this thread or maybe another floating around here, that he supports the Dragons staying at Kogarah for the game. Blame Timmah for a few things if you want but strangely I don't think he's behind this one.

The Dodger

First Grade
if i was sad enough to be a stains fan, then i would want it at my home gound.

but i can also see the NRL's side of it in regards to crowds and promoting the game.

its a difficult one becuase as a fan, you worked your whole season to this point and now being told you don't have the advantage of finishing in the top 4 anymore, it would suck.

Danish

Referee
Haven't read through the whole thread...

But does anyone know why exactly Gallop would need the Dragons permission to move the final, let alone offer them a financial incentive?

I thought all finals were run by the NRL, and not the clubs, and as such if they decide to change venue that is their own decision.

After all, they have a history of swapping semi-final venues just days out from the respective games to suit news ltd clubs (Cowboys in 04, Broncos in 98).

Ulysseus

Bench
I am torn.
Does the club take the money and allow other people who may have missed a live viewing a chance to see it live?
Do they give away an advantage that was hard won over many rounds of the comp?

In taking this, does the club set a precedent for future situations, will there be a criteria or is this simply a case of 2 of the comps best supported and most well behaved clubs meeting in what could be a firecracker of a game? (mind, Saints will need to get their sh*t together for that last bit)

If they refuse to move the game, will the ref's then be leant on to ensure the dragons are adequately penalised and can't make the big day?

All things considered, its on a knifes edge, there is plenty to gain by moving it and plenty to lose, gain money, lose respect, stay put and earn the respect of a chunk of the fan base but maybe alienate others and piss the NRL off.

There is validity to the statement of "the grounds too small for the occasion" and their is also validity to the statement "its been hard won and its their f**kin choice".

Glad its not my call.

Ulysseus

Bench
Well Dean, for $1 a day you can buy about 60 pages of 100% guaranteed arsewiping integrity from a newsagent near you!!!

Its not even good for that, I don't want Rottfield anywhere near my arse, or tipst mcstagger rebecca wilson near my balls.

newspaper is also too acidic to be recycled properly, probably not good to flush down either.

Think of the fsih, although the paper fittingly belongs near sh*t.

I boycotted the sh*t personally more than 7 months ago now, I haven't bought it since and if they are reading I also canceled our corporate order of the publication which equated to over $700 a week's worth of their crap last month.

Not even cutting the crap will convince me to take the order back up.

taxidriver

Coach
I am torn.
Does the club take the money and allow other people who may have missed a live viewing a chance to see it live?
Do they give away an advantage that was hard won over many rounds of the comp?

In taking this, does the club set a precedent for future situations, will there be a criteria or is this simply a case of 2 of the comps best supported and most well behaved clubs meeting in what could be a firecracker of a game? (mind, Saints will need to get their sh*t together for that last bit)

If they refuse to move the game, will the ref's then be leant on to ensure the dragons are adequately penalised and can't make the big day?

All things considered, its on a knifes edge, there is plenty to gain by moving it and plenty to lose, gain money, lose respect, stay put and earn the respect of a chunk of the fan base but maybe alienate others and piss the NRL off.

There is validity to the statement of "the grounds too small for the occasion" and their is also validity to the statement "its been hard won and its their f**kin choice".

Glad its not my call.

so am i, although it seems your fortitude matches Gallops well.

There is no validity in the ground too small argument.

none

zippo

zilch

the rules have been set in stone for years.

one rule for all, not pick and choose as you deem fit.

Gaba

First Grade
Didnt Gallop refuse to move the 2005 final wests tigers vs dragons from the sfs to the bigger ground at anz, despite the many wests tigers supporters who were missing out.

Latest posts