What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gallop pleads with Saints to move Home Final - $250k carrot

SO ..... if the MAJOR OBJECTIVE of the NRL is to get bums on seats , why not insist that the game IS NOT TELEVISED LIVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That way , all of these "phantom" 20,000 - 50,000 "fans" who haven't been sighted all year can materialise and everyone will be happy .

OR ...move the Storm's home game - if they get it - ( they only attract 15,000 - 20,000 each home game anyway ) back to Sydney and televise it LIVE to Melbourne .

Another point .... if it somehow panned out that the Broncos and Titans were going to play the GF , would the papers lobby for the NRL to move the game to Suncorp with a week's notice ???????????? Hmmmmm , don't think so .

Are all of the above ridiculous notions ??? Absolutely !!!! But so is this bullsh*t agenda being pushed by News , and fallen for by the new "populist" NRL CEO .

Until then , if I were Doust , I'd tell the NRL to "have sex and travel" .

DINGb@T

Juniors
Why don't they just put it to vote of their members and season ticket holders? If the members/st holders (ie the real core of fans the teams represents) wants more of their people at the game then awesome, move it to a bigger place. If the teams hard core fans are willing to take a punt on the financial future of their club in order to keep their home ground advantage then awesome, keep it at Kogarah.

This is an opportunity to make membership mean something. Want to have a say in your club's future? Then get a membership.

parano1a

Juniors
St Kilda and Geelong dominated the AFL season, yet both of their home finals are not at their home ground. Geelong's game against Western Bulldogs will get 75,000 at the MCG instead of 20,000 at Skilled Stadium in Geelong. St Kilda's home ground Etihad Stadium holds 52,000 but they'll be playing at the MCG in front of 85,000. Both teams are giving up their home ground advantage, but they aren't whingeing about it. Why?

They are FINALS - the showpiece games of the season and are meant to be played in front of the biggest crowds possible. Home advantage is fine when games are between teams from different cities/states but when two local clubs are playing, the game needs to be played in front of the biggest possible crowds. All games between two Sydney based clubs should be played at either SFS or ANZ. Leave the suburban grounds for the home & away season, finals deserve to be played in front of crowds higher than 20,000.

IanG

Coach
Yeah makes me wonder had the Knights got a home semi would get try and talk us into moving it to Sydney? Somehow I don't think the fans would put up with that.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Under 18k at Kogarah... what a joke for a sold out event...

AFL must laugh at us when our biggest game of the round is played in a sh*te ground like this

Dragon

Coach

AFL must laugh at us when our biggest game of the round is played in a sh*te ground like this

wahmbulance.jpg

Jono1987

Juniors

That's all you've got. f**k your hopeless. Fien don't cry too much. I know mad monday came early...

Ridders

Coach
You can't blame Saints fans for wanting to play their home game at their own venue, i mean even i thought the atmosphere was awesome. But our game is hardly in the position where we should simply be turning fans down who are willing to actually come to games. Can't really blame St George, this is something the NRL has to sort out.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Was something like 18,495. Doesn't matter, its our right to play there again next week. Why would we give up that amazing red n white crowd?
18?

It was 17,974 or thereabouts from memory. Given it was sold out and I've had umpteen Dragons fans insisting the capacity is close to 20k through the week, it's a disgraceful crowd for a supposedly "sold out" game. There were rows of empty seats in the NW terrace... I mean, come on.

My partner has been howling me down all week about the proposal to move next Sunday's game and only after last night did she agree with me - it should go to the SFS. As a Red V member she can only purchase TWO tickets with her membership - how is that fair?

In-goal

Bench
It dosen't make sense playing finals at tiny little suburban sh*tholes, surely the clubs must put the game first.

Teddyboy

First Grade
18?

It was 17,974 or thereabouts from memory. Given it was sold out and I've had umpteen Dragons fans insisting the capacity is close to 20k through the week, it's a disgraceful crowd for a supposedly "sold out" game. There were rows of empty seats in the NW terrace... I mean, come on.

My partner has been howling me down all week about the proposal to move next Sunday's game and only after last night did she agree with me - it should go to the SFS. As a Red V member she can only purchase TWO tickets with her membership - how is that fair?

So do you think they would of got a better crowd at the SFS.