What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gallop pleads with Saints to move Home Final - $250k carrot

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Irrelevant. I don't believe they should've had to move last night's game, f**k the Mason family, lying f**kwits.

I believe next week should be played at the SFS if it's available, especially if it's v Parra. The crowd at the SFS will EASILY exceed what will attend at Kogarah.

drake

First Grade
Wasn't the crowd figure for the B'ogs vs Tigers game at the SFS smaller?

Watching on TV, the jam packed sea of Red n White was a far better sight than a half filled SFS.

Timmah

Staff member
then the NRL should have the foresight to not make the f**king rule in the first place ....
This I agree with. While I hope the Dragons move next week's game, I would respect their decision to leave it at Kogarah, as the NRL made the decision to allow home ground finals. The NRL needs to look at the home finals model IMO, if they're fair dinkum about maximising attendances.

God-King Dean

Immortal
So let me guess this straight.......

People are still complaining that it should be moved to the SFS, yet last night Kogarah couldn't be filled ?

Where were all these Parramatta fans they were gonna fill 50% of the SFS ?

Once Dead

Bench
Sorry, Dave. You don't listen when the fans cry out for a change (e.g. radio rights, tv rights, etc) so why should they pander to you?

Timmah

Staff member
Wasn't the crowd figure for the B'ogs vs Tigers game at the SFS smaller?

Watching on TV, the jam packed sea of Red n White was a far better sight than a half filled SFS.
SFS packed in a sea of red and white will look much better next week than a packed Kogarah.

Teddyboy

First Grade
Well at least the NRL season has had some great crowds and it would of been better if the New Zealand Warriors lived up to the hype.

drake

First Grade
SFS packed in a sea of red and white will look much better next week than a packed Kogarah.
I agree with what Sterlo was saying during last night's call. You can't move to the SFS or ANZ and give up Home Ground Advantage. Last night, you knew the game was at St George's home. The roar and groan of the faithful at Kogarah must have been in the Refs and players ears all night.
I think the home ground final will benefit the hardcore fans that turn up week after week, rather than the bandwagoners and September fans. And I'm not including myself in the former category btw.

Teddyboy

First Grade
So let me guess this straight.......

People are still complaining that it should be moved to the SFS, yet last night Kogarah couldn't be filled ?

Where were all these Parramatta fans they were gonna fill 50% of the SFS ?
The Parramatta bandwagon didn't get off there arse to go on a friday night.
Simple.

Timmah

Staff member
I agree with what Sterlo was saying during last night's call. You can't move to the SFS or ANZ and give up Home Ground Advantage. Last night, you knew the game was at St George's home. The roar and groan of the faithful at Kogarah must have been in the Refs and players ears all night.
I think the home ground final will benefit the hardcore fans that turn up week after week, rather than the bandwagoners and September fans. And I'm not including myself in the former category btw.
As I said, the NRL's dug their own grave with awarding home finals.

To be perfectly fair though, hardcore fans that turn up week after week aren't being benefited. As I've mentioned before, my partner is a red v member and she can only buy TWO tickets to next Sunday's game on Monday. She wants to take me and her mum as a birthday present... she can't do that because it's being played in such a small ground.

As for the bandwagon element, if they aren't causing trouble like ours is known to, the club and the game should be doing EVERYTHING they can to encourage them to attend. If that means moving to a larger stadium then they should do it.

Additionally, Kogarah proved last night why it's logistical hell. Coming down from Gosford, we had to park 2km away and walk, barely made it in. Most grounds you can park within a few hundred metres... it's just backwards.

I'm sticking to my opinion that the Semi Final next week should be moved, but the Saints under NRL rules have earned it at Kogarah and probably will keep it there. It's just disappointing for those fans who want to experience finals footy.

innsaneink

Referee
What needs to be looked at and was promised it would be , but hasnt....is the sham that is week 2 what I think they call home region semi, last year Roosters finish 4th, lose the first semi, warriors finish 8th, win theirs, and the next week roosters have to play sudden death in NZ.

Timmah

Staff member
Storm had to play away too. Are you suggesting a team that loses a semi should be entitled to any sort of advantage? Staying on through to week two is reward enough IMO.

_Johnsy

Referee
Are the NRL going to request the Titans home final be moved to the bigger stadium 80 odd kms up the road, the same reasons would apply.

Timmah

Staff member
What would you know about it, you gobsh*te??

It's OUR home ground...
I was there, and it looked great last night. But now we're talking about SEMI FINAL football. LESS than 18,000 doesn't cut it.

God-King Dean

Immortal
I was there, and it looked great last night. But now we're talking about SEMI FINAL football. LESS than 18,000 doesn't cut it.

lol, what bizzare reasoning.

The game got less than 18,000, so therefore it should be moved to a bigger stadium?

Southernsaint

Staff member

Well it's our prerogative to play it where we want as we've earnt it.

We could play it at Arncliffe Scots' Cahill Park if we want, that'd be some 2 Fingers to the NRL and opposition fans...