What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gambhir the merkin's merkin

HevyDevy

Coach
BJ even admitted last night that Watson was mouthing off and started it all, some posters here however seem to have followed Juniors lead of crying the victim because Gambhir didnt step down when their favourite player was dishing out crap

But Watson is just like Lee in his younger days, abusing batsman as they smash him all over the ground with ease
Not defending Watson mate, but tell me which is worse - mouthing off or elbowing someone? Or is that dependant on which nation does so?

HevyDevy

Coach
Mate I agree there was very little in it, but he still threw the elbow out. It was stupid if nothing else.

If Watson cops a fine, which he has, Gambhir should not get off scott-free.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
However Gambhir escaped a charge under clause 2.4 of the code, for "inappropriate and deliberate physical contact between players in the course of play".

I find this rather curious at best, but cant say I'm surprised.

It was no more than a love tap, but I also said he could be lighter in the pocket for it.

To suggest he didn't make deliberate physical contact is a bit of a joke, but I guess its what we all expected.

El Diablo

Post Whore
it would be no surprise if Gambhir cops nothing

the ICC don't like punishing subbies no matter what the merkins do

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
I'm sure he'll cop a penalty - the ICC couldn't possibly let him off without a slap on the wrist.

It just seems that the wording of the charge that he has escaped fits his actions perfectly.

He was obviously provoked by Watson mouthing off, but he did deliberately make inappropriate physical contact with Watson as he ran past. Seems pretty much open and shut to me. Unless someone can provide video evidence that proves Gambhir normally runs with one elbow out like a chicken wing.

kilroy

Juniors
You're not too bright are you.

You just proved how bright you yourself are, by asking that question.

What the f**k are you talking about Kilroy? When did I call it a stab?

Are you hallucinating again? Too much curry perhaps?

here you go, goldfish.

If Watson called Gambhir a dickhead and Gambhir pulled out a machete and stabbed him, you would still defend the little weed, so I take your comments with a grain of salt.

edit: sorry, my bad. I jumped the gun. I apologize.
@admin/mod: no strikeout bbcode?

Last edited:

HevyDevy

Coach
You just proved how bright you yourself are, by asking that question.

here you go, goldfish.

edit: sorry, my bad. I jumped the gun. I apologize.
@admin/mod: no strikeout bbcode?
So, as you can see, I was proposing a 'what if' scenario and at no stage suggested that Gambhir walked to the crease with a machete stuffed down his trousers ...

eddiesmith

Juniors
Not defending Watson mate, but tell me which is worse - mouthing off or elbowing someone? Or is that dependant on which nation does so?
He didnt elbow someone, he brushed him as he ran past, of course if Watson wasnt being an idiot (Ok, probably asking too much there) then it never would have happened.

Bowlers and batsman bump into each other quite often and usually more forceful than that, you dont see them getting charged

Gambhir probably copped a fine but thats all he deserves, it was stupid but Watson was in his way, leaning into him running his mouth whilst he was trying to run and impeding his path, Watson was at fault fully in the incident

HevyDevy

Coach
He didnt elbow someone, he brushed him as he ran past, of course if Watson wasnt being an idiot (Ok, probably asking too much there) then it never would have happened.

Bowlers and batsman bump into each other quite often and usually more forceful than that, you dont see them getting charged

Gambhir probably copped a fine but thats all he deserves, it was stupid but Watson was in his way, leaning into him running his mouth whilst he was trying to run and impeding his path, Watson was at fault fully in the incident

Completely?

:lol:

Yeah okay, whatever.

Meth

Staff member
Mate I agree there was very little in it, but he still threw the elbow out. It was stupid if nothing else.

If Watson cops a fine, which he has, Gambhir should not get off scott-free.

Exactly right

El Diablo

Post Whore
he has never fully explained the meaning of it

i think its supposed to be some sort of insult though

maybe Indians have something against bananas as well as people of African and white anglo descent?

Latest posts