What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day - CSS vs. GCT

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Indeed, Brailey can play any half McInnes to hooker. The back on the bench needs to cover the back 5.

I would still start Royce over Toby,

coolumsharkie

Referee
That was a good win. All the forwards had good games, which is encouraging. I doubt we miss the 8 from here, we need to put our stamp on these last 3 games. Cows, Knights, Raiders.if they are fair dinkum.

Craigshark

First Grade
Thought we played really well. Titans didn’t play bad and we still beat them by 30. Dare I say it, Graham is playing the best he has in 3 years and is actually holding our left edge together along with Trindall defending better than Moylan. Ramien, Katoa and Brailey all had strong games. It’s almost as if a couple of forwards have read what’s been said in here about them. Playing with a lot more toughness and determination.

Craigshark

First Grade
Also, I like the energy Tracey brings. He does come across a little bit selfish at times though. There was no need for the second effort on that double movement try last night. He threw a couple of dummies at times too when the pass was definitely on. Those moments will cost us against better teams.

DJDL

Bench
I wouldn't get too carried away and forget the Titans had 3 tries disallowed.
Still plenty of work to do there.

Regardless, it's been a vast improvement the past couple of weeks.

The Tricky/Nicho combination seems to be taking shape nicely. Tricky was outstanding last night.

With Tommy and Herb to come back it'll be interesting to see the jostling for spots. Everyone is doing their job and doing it pretty well.

Is there any news on Ronnie?

DJDL

Bench
Indeed, Brailey can play any half McInnes to hooker. The back on the bench needs to cover the back 5.

I would still start Royce over Toby,

I don't like BHU and Royce on at the same time.
Both need to be paired with one of Tobes, Williams or Herb IMHO.

Craigshark

First Grade
Their try off the forward pass in the first half should have been a penalty. I’m pretty sure the lead runner took both Graham and Trindall out.

bluefox68

Staff member
Also, I like the energy Tracey brings. He does come across a little bit selfish at times though. There was no need for the second effort on that double movement try last night. He threw a couple of dummies at times too when the pass was definitely on. Those moments will cost us against better teams.
I think it’s more that he wants to prove himself to be a regular first-grader.

His talent is not quite there, but huge efforts make up for it.

shadowboxer

First Grade
I will re-watch the game tonight, but at the ground it was a real solid performance. Not getting carried away but they seem to be building week on week, which is good.
Only negative was Toby, even the young fellas on the hill were giving it to him. He need to come off the bench. As soon as he went off in the first half they went up another level.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Thought we played really well. Titans didn’t play bad and we still beat them by 30. Dare I say it, Graham is playing the best he has in 3 years and is actually holding our left edge together along with Trindall defending better than Moylan. Ramien, Katoa and Brailey all had strong games. It’s almost as if a couple of forwards have read what’s been said in here about them. Playing with a lot more toughness and determination.
The left edge. Who else has noticed that Talakai has been far better defensively since he lost his neighbour in the D line? Makes me think half of Sifa's earlier bad D was due to having babysitting duties to fulfil. The current left has looked much more connected in the last coupla weeks

Frenzy.

Immortal
I will re-watch the game tonight, but at the ground it was a real solid performance. Not getting carried away but they seem to be building week on week, which is good.
Only negative was Toby, even the young fellas on the hill were giving it to him. He need to come off the bench. As soon as he went off in the first half they went up another level.
See 3,2,1 thread :)

I don't think coming off the bench when he's chasing capacity will be helpful for team overal. He needs NRL metres in his legs. Who came on for Tody that changed the game?

DJDL

Bench
See 3,2,1 thread :)

I don't think coming off the bench when he's chasing capacity will be helpful for team overal. He needs NRL metres in his legs. Who came on for Tody that changed the game?

Royce. The other forum fave.