What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day vs Balmain Magpies ( round 3/2024)

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Not to take away from their win but If I was a tiger I wouldnt be too excited. We absolutely have that performance in us. The real teams do not.

Back three and Sifa were fine. Forwards were pretty poor and the halves didn’t start considering plan B until way too late, where execution was desperate and still flunked

First line of Chimps message summed it up. Completely dominated by a team who wanted it way way more.
The other point made about the number 9 is equally as telling - but there’s no point raging about it as he’s a protected species. Hynes or trindall weren’t great, but they have been. That imposter gets a prison hair cut to look the part and loves the attention about being an Origin hopeful, but is really deep down is nothing more than a coaster.

Brailey’s defence is shyte too. And he gives away too many niggly penalties. I’m just so off him. He’s not even the best hooker in his family…….

Not to take away from their win but If I was a tiger I wouldnt be too excited. We absolutely have that performance in us. The real teams do not.
Beg to differ Oz.

There is definitely some great young talent coming through their team with plenty of upside. Their depth is not great but a lot of teams are in the same boat there.

You could see the Benji stamp on alot of their plays. If the injury bug doesn’t hit them they’ll get a few scalps for sure.

Out of interest, how many penalties are too many? For any player.
I think you have to take it also when the penalty occurs in the context of the game as well.

If a player is giving away 2 or 3 every game he’s adding to losing the momentum in a game in a big way.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I think you have to take it also when the penalty occurs in the context of the game as well.

If a player is giving away 2 or 3 every game he’s adding to losing the momentum in a game in a big way.

Yes but what about only 2 in 3 games? That's all Tinkerbell has. McInnes and Brit are leading on 4 each. I don't think that's excessive for pigs in any context ti be fair.

Kinda ironic that for years we all have wanted Monsters to be recruited. Monsters who would no doubt come with monster penalties.

We can't have Ricky's cake and eat it too. Did he actually ever finish that cake he was baking?

Yes but what about only 2 in 3 games? That's all Tinkerbell has. McInnes and Brit are leading on 4 each. I don't think that's excessive for pigs in any context ti be fair.

Kinda ironic that for years we all have wanted Monsters to be recruited. Monsters who would no doubt come with monster penalties.

We can't have Ricky's cake and eat it too. Did he actually ever finish that cake he was baking?

Frenzy, Tinkerbell is always up there with the penalties. He’s off to a slow start this season.

I agree I don’t mind a few intimidation penalties from a few of the boppers. But Tinkerbell’s aren’t that.

No Ricky left the oven on while the cake was still cooking and left in a huff with his knickers in a knot. Went on to better success……. NOT 😃

Frenzy.

Immortal
Tinker only had 7 in 2023 as well. Moyza won the count with 12. Quite a few of Tinks were must give penalties on the line or whatever.

Happy to criticise him but not on this DS. Seems a bit emotive and dare I say - agendarish. I can't be sure, I've never had one

R-15-3

Bench
Nearly everyone had a bad game but f**k me Tricky has had 3 bad games in a row and getting worse. Dare say his pathetic performance added pressure to Nicho who can’t deal with pressure.
Everyone laying shit on every other player but him has he hacked the server and got something on everyone in here?

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Nearly everyone had a bad game but f**k me Tricky has had 3 bad games in a row and getting worse. Dare say his pathetic performance added pressure to Nicho who can’t deal with pressure.
Everyone laying shit on every other player but him has he hacked the server and got something on everyone in here?
Tricky had an off night but he wasn't Robinson Crusoe there. The fact the pigs got owned for practically the whole game is what puts pressure on the halves. This was made worse by the injuries that occurred throughout the game. Only Cam and to a lesser extent Tommy and Teig had reasonable games in the forwards. I fear for this weekend against one of the stronger packs in the comp.

Craigshark

First Grade

totally agree and I mentioned it. He has been pathetic for the first three games of the year. Shit kicking game, and offering nothing in attack, choosing wrong options continually. Defence has been ok, but I think everyone is just use to having Moylan.. I guess at least Moylan provided something in attack

shadowboxer

First Grade
Bit harsh but I get it - he needs to shave his head though. Sure he’s copping it out on the field about his bum fluff forehead