What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day: Eels V. Tits

Eelementary

Post Whore
How good was Tanginoa's try-saver on James? Brilliant tackle.

I thought Hayne was outstanding (aside from not diffusing that bomb). He made two try-saving tackles and cleaned up several dangerous kicks.

Keating was defensively outstanding and tried his heart out in attack but was largely ineffective.

I was once a Ben Smith fan, but it seems he is past it, sadly.

Paulo offers little IMO.

Roberts was OK.

Sio and Toutai were good IMO.

Morgan is a gun.

Loko is awesome in attack but terrible on defence.

Sandow was hot and cold.

Lussick and Allgood were strong.

Mannah was inspirational.

Moimoi was largely ineffective.

Maoris had a blinder in the first half, and then was quiet. But he never stopped trying.

I don't understand how Tanginoa can be so good! He's not that big (though he's young and still growing), but he is very good on both sides of the ball.

Parraren

Bench
Maoris had a blinder in the first half, and then was quiet. But he never stopped trying.

I assume you meant Maitua (annoying spellcheck?)

He was quiet in the second half I agree and this is my only criticism of him because he tends to drift in and out of games. He's still our best 2nd rower by far along with Kelepi but as captain I'd like to see him take charge a bit more.

whall15

Coach
I was there, well that sucked.

On the crowd though, it was at least 60% Parra and that's a conservative estimate.

jk13

First Grade
Yep. Felt like a home game. There would've been about 3K there if it wasn't for eels fans

Eelementary

Post Whore
I assume you meant Maitua (annoying spellcheck?)

He was quiet in the second half I agree and this is my only criticism of him because he tends to drift in and out of games. He's still our best 2nd rower by far along with Kelepi but as captain I'd like to see him take charge a bit more.

Lol yeah - sorry, mate. I meant Maitua!

He brained them in the first half, and then was very quiet.

Gronk

Staff member
I am unsure to to deal with that loss. I hear Sticky saying that one team can't be perfect and the other pathetic. But at the end of the day if the ref is hammering you around the ruck, then adapt.

Stupid players.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I am unsure to to deal with that loss. I hear Sticky saying that one team can't be perfect and the other pathetic. But at the end of the day if the ref is hammering you around the ruck, then adapt.

Stupid players.

Mate, after smithy got penalized again, I decided to make a point of watching our first set of six after the infringement and noticed that were severy worked over in the ruck 3 out of the 6 tackles including 1 tackle where one of our players had to deal with and arm around his neck and it was completely ignored by the men in pink...

How do you coach against that?

Gronk

Staff member
Mate, after smithy got penalized again, I decided to make a point of watching our first set of six after the infringement and noticed that were severy worked over in the ruck 3 out of the 6 tackles including 1 tackle where one of our players had to deal with and arm around his neck and it was completely ignored by the men in pink...

How do you coach against that?

You can't. I was v frustrated with the game last night. Both sides were allowed to have a lie down on the tackled player for what seemed like an eternity.

It was a very messy ruck with unnecessary extended periods of wrestling and I will be interested to see what Ando says about the Titans being the perfect team.

strider

Post Whore

Stupid players.

some things you can adapt to - some you can't

while it was a 50/50 call, I don't think mannah's hit on the kicker was a valid penalty .... I don't think fui's hit was a penalty either .... these 2 were cases of our guys trying to fire up and turn the game - I can't hammer our guys for trying to make something happen

oh and the forward pass call for no kelepi try - yet something virtually identical allowed to go for minichello try - FMD!!! change the kelepi bullshit call and we probably go on with the game

IFR33K

Coach
some things you can adapt to - some you can't

while it was a 50/50 call, I don't think mannah's hit on the kicker was a valid penalty .... I don't think fui's hit was a penalty either .... these 2 were cases of our guys trying to fire up and turn the game - I can't hammer our guys for trying to make something happen

oh and the forward pass call for no kelepi try - yet something virtually identical allowed to go for minichello try - FMD!!! change the kelepi bullshit call and we probably go on with the game

I also heard the refs shout hands off the ball to the titans players, moments after penalizing us for that. RS mentioned it in his pc.

Pretty sure we are targeted by refs. It stems back to the Hollywood Harrigan days. He targeted us, (2002 GF replay where he sin binned half the team, and admitted it being premeditated) and was the refs boss for so long.

Hopefully DA addresses this, and teams stop receiving leg up and others are stopped being penalised out of games.

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I also heard the refs shout hands off the ball to the titans players, moments after penalizing us for that. RS mentioned it in his pc.

Pretty sure we are targeted by refs. It stems back to the Hollywood Harrigan days. He targeted us, (2002 GF replay where he sin binned half the team, and admitted it being premeditated) and was the refs boss for so long.

Hopefully DA addresses this, and teams stop receiving leg up and others are stopped being penalised out of games.
Agree 100% Nothing pisses me off more when you here "hand off the ball" or "your offside" And nothing happens,but as soon as we do it there are no warnings just a whistle.

forward pass

Coach
This match was similar to the Bulldogs and Roosters matches in so far as when the other side gets on a roll, we have no idea how to stop it. Absolutely none. The refs didn't help, but we still blew it.

A few comments -

1)The first try we conceded was disgraceful defence. How could our winger be marking the opposition centre 15 metres in from the touch line? Very poor.

2) I know the refs were terrible - but the knock on at the scrumbase by Kelly killed us.

3) Amazingly we lost our way when MK left the field.

4) Morgan is turning in to a very good player imo

5) Two outstanding tackles were made last night - Hayne on the Tits winger to stop the try and Kelepi on James ! I still dont know how he stopped him.

6) Sandow went missing last night

7) I think we erred in kicking for goal from the penalties. I dont think we are that good a side to be giving up a chance to attack the opposition line. We need to build pressure - the Titans were probably relieved.

8 ) Sio caught a high kick.

Ratchy

Juniors
Mate i thought our forwards more than held their own until the refs decided to get the titans back into the game. 7 frigging penalties in a row, please after already calling back another bullshit forward pass call we cost us a try.

There were only 2 forwards over 100m...that isn't good enough

eel01s

Bench
Crap penalties aside, the knock on at the scrumbase was the single biggest turning point in the game.

Typical it was Roberts though.

Gronk

Staff member
Greg Bird was awesome. 200M+ and was looking to offload every carry plus smashes everyone in defence.

Love to have a merkin like him on the edge instead of um .... Ben Smith. ](*,)

Latest posts