What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day: Eels V. Tits

Someone

Bench
Not sure why everyone gets so upset over a game of footy-Firstly its a game.The more we loose the more excited we get when we win.
Its like eating candy everday...Just imagine how good it is going to be when we are winning again : )
We will get there.Im more excited this year to see young guys like Loko,Tanginoa Allgood and Morgan step it up..
Its a new generation from the Hindmarsh and Burt era.We will be great again.And the more pain we go thru now the better it will feel when we win!!!

Im sure if you asked storm fans, theyd say they are sick of watching their team win..:sarcasm:

EelsFan05

Bench
I could deal just fine with winning every week. Do you think Melbourne and manly fans think geez I wish we would lose this weekend I am sick of winning it gets so boring.

Delboy

First Grade
Didn't think DA would be such a dud, complete inability to get to grips with NEL

Told Inu & Mateo they weren't good enough, refused to see Morts as anything but a poor 7 when he is what he is, a 14. Recruited 3 players who contributed zip , Shack , Poore & Tahu. Didn't rule the club as a whole and let good juniors walk. Don't ask about Hagan , a DF brainwave, a coach that didn't wa
My to be at the club and commuted almost daily from Newie, and finished training early so he could drive back.

Spoke to BS at a function reasonably recently and he still loves Parra

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I could deal just fine with winning every week. Do you think Melbourne and manly fans think geez I wish we would lose this weekend I am sick of winning it gets so boring.

One of my best mates is a manly supporter gee it is hard work. Even harder is my 6 year old son goes for the storm, wouldn't go for the eels as according to him "we never win", which is true. Will be hard work tommorrow morning when he wants to know if the eels won.

hindy111

Post Whore
Yes but we will appreciate it so much more-Just like a fat kid eating a pie after eating salad for two months...Can you imagine what he would do to that pie?

Avenger

Immortal
Not sure why everyone gets so upset over a game of footy-Firstly its a game.The more we loose the more excited we get when we win.
Its like eating candy everday...Just imagine how good it is going to be when we are winning again : )
We will get there.Im more excited this year to see young guys like Loko,Tanginoa Allgood and Morgan step it up..
Its a new generation from the Hindmarsh and Burt era.We will be great again.And the more pain we go thru now the better it will feel when we win!!!

Problem is there is still some losers from that era that need to go. ie Ben Smith. Some are getting old and need to retire or start their new career in scaffolding ie Moimoi. Some were shit all along ie Keating and some have slipped through the cracks and are imposters. ie Paulo, Roberts, Ryan, Blair and Sio and some are just too impatient ie me.

Avenger

Immortal
Didn't think DA would be such a dud, complete inability to get to grips with NEL

Told Inu & Mateo they weren't good enough, refused to see Morts as anything but a poor 7 when he is what he is, a 14. Recruited 3 players who contributed zip , Shack , Poore & Tahu. Didn't rule the club as a whole and let good juniors walk. Don't ask about Hagan , a DF brainwave, a coach that didn't wa
My to be at the club and commuted almost daily from Newie, and finished training early so he could drive back.

If Ricky doesn't work out I would give him his old job back.

Someone

Bench
but hindy, winning football has nothing to do with eating food.

Que comments about how our diet is shit.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

In my opinion the biggest mistake of the last ten years was not appointing Taylor as coach. Most successful clubs appoint from from within - yeah we didn't win a comp under smith but we go pretty bloody close a few times so I do consider smiths rein as successful. Taylor was interested in the club as a whole including juniors.

Have to feel sorry for smith, he built that roosters side but Trent Robinson now taking the glory

EelsFan05

Bench
One of my best mates is a manly supporter gee it is hard work. Even harder is my 6 year old son goes for the storm, wouldn't go for the eels as according to him "we never win", which is true. Will be hard work tommorrow morning when he wants to know if the eels won.

You think that is painful my wife and inlaws are mad Manly supporters that hail from western Sydney: They drive me insane. To add to that I bet the father in law $100 after the 2001 grand final that Parra would win a premiership before the Northern Eagles/Manly won one. Not only did he give me shit about the grand final then he took $100 off me seven years later.

Avenger

Immortal
In my opinion the biggest mistake of the last ten years was not appointing Taylor as coach. Most successful clubs appoint from from within - yeah we didn't win a comp under smith but we go pretty bloody close a few times so I do consider smiths rein as successful. Taylor was interested in the club as a whole including juniors.

Mate Fitzy was against Jack Gibson being our coach and you wonder how he got it wrong with Taylor.

Eelementary

Post Whore
If I was Stuart, I'd send Anderson a please explain. How do the Titans get the penalty for tackling Hayne in midair? And how do we lose the penalty count (at one point) 8-3?

The refs were disgraceful IMO, but we still deserved to lose.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Mate Fitzy was against Jack Gibson being our coach and you wonder how he got it wrong with Taylor.

Way before my era but never realised Fitz was against jack "ding dong the witch is dead" Gibson - well that says enough

The Colonel

Immortal

Well, as has been argued if he was a halfway decent first grade coach he would be one now for a start.

My biggest issue with Taylor was that he wanted to be one of the boys as much as he wanted to be a first grade coach. Case in point the smack in the mouth Faalogo gave him.

I don't think he would have been any better then Hagan or Anderson. Marginally better than Kearney.

hindy111

Post Whore
So nobody has any faith in this team?
I still see some potential and i think we are building into a decent team.

Delboy

First Grade
JT prepared a 48 page plan for the club, from juniors to NRL recruitment. DF , from what I heard, did not even open it as he wanted to make a point re hiring the coach that beat us in the GF,Richard cranium

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I am so f**king angry right now, i have calmed down a bit but FMD Ii'm not sure what was worse the inept refs or our stupid side??? The refs went out of their way to get the Titans back in the game but after that we just curled up our toes bent over and let them give us the Ned Beatty. I hope Ricky gives the refs hell and we cop a 10k fine because that plonker Robinson just kills us every time!!

Latest posts