What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day: Eels V. Tits

The Colonel

Immortal
So nobody has any faith in this team?
I still see some potential and i think we are building into a decent team.

We will win some games. We will lose more. There are some capable players. There are players who are playing first grade that are better off as depth players.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I am so f**king angry right now, i have calmed down a bit but FMD Ii'm not sure what was worse the inept refs or our stupid side??? The refs went out of their way to get the Titans back in the game but after that we just curled up our toes bent over and let them give us the Ned Beatty. I hope Ricky gives the refs hell and we cop a 10k fine because that plonker Robinson just kills us every time!!

Na all good Hayne is allowed to be tackled in the air and refs are allowed rule one eels try a week as forward pass.

Avenger

Immortal
We will win some games. We will lose more. There are some capable players. There are players who are playing first grade that are better off as depth players.
OK give me the players you would offload and the ones you would keep. You are better than me at this.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Some of those penalties they got after we went 14 in front were absolute Bullshit, but instead of sticking it back up them we just went to pieces. So mentally weak.

Delboy

First Grade
Any comment from RS after the game, keep looking on Foxsports News and haven't seen anything

hineyrulz

Post Whore
For Avenger - Keating,Smith,Roberts,Ryan,Paulio,N Smith,Mullaney,Tautai GTFO!!! thats just for starters.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
While I have mentioned a few times penalties killed us and I think they did - the turning point was sandow attempt at a forty twenty which went out on the full - we were (I think) on top at that point but then gave them the ball back with very good field position, it was then all down hill. Also can't say I am keen on kicking on the 4 th.

Ratchy

Juniors
Newcastle have played crap all year are in fifth ffs!

That's because they have a forward pack that can be dominant in both attack and defence around the rucks. Mannah is the only one who consistently looks to bend the line with ball in hand.

There is too much blame being put on Paulo, Sandow, Kelly, Roberts and co but it won't make a lick of difference if the team can't win the battle in the trenches. Deadset all night the kickers in general play had 3-4 guys charging him because the play the balls were in slow motion not to mention a set defensive line with the shifts out left and right.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
While I have mentioned a few times penalties killed us and I think they did - the turning point was sandow attempt at a forty twenty which went out on the full - we were (I think) on top at that point but then gave them the ball back with very good field position, it was then all down hill. Also can't say I am keen on kicking on the 4 th.
I think that kick was on the 3rd, it was a dumb play that helped turn the game against us. Then they got 3 fairly soft penalties and we just rolled over.

Ratchy

Juniors
Yep it's easier to get pitch forks and call for scape goats then look at the real problem. Stuart can sack all those players it still won't help the go forward.

Delboy

First Grade
As long as the refs penalise and make the same decisions for both sides, all is good.

This clearly wasn't the case tonight. as for the forward pass to Kelepi, give me a break, the Storm throw 3 out of 4 passes forward and nothing. As does the Rorters hooker, they would go off and make a comment quietly to someone official and the refs would never be seen in NRL again, that is what ticks you off

hineyrulz

Post Whore
What about the fronties apart from Mannah....i was a big fan of Lussick but he has been a disappoint for me so far.
Mate i thought our forwards more than held their own until the refs decided to get the titans back into the game. 7 frigging penalties in a row, please after already calling back another bullshit forward pass call we cost us a try.

Angry_eel

First Grade

That was a dumb play and ultimately cost us the game.

The Colonel

Immortal
On terms of size, I will argue all along, we lack big time.

Mannah bends the line. Moimoi is not the player he was. Lussick and Allgood dragged us back in to the game.

Paulo is too small. Ben Smith struggles to train and that is obvious in how he plays.

Maitua can be very good but can go missing.

Keating is our best defender. His service does leave something to be desired but what he does defensively was highlighted tonight.

Our back line is capable when the forwards go forward and dominate the ruck.

Toutai and Sio had decent games. Morgan played very well. Loko is not a centre.

Hayne did very well until he didn't contest the ball. That was the biggest blunder in the game.

Tanginoa impresses me each week.

Of those that played tonight I would be allowing Smith, Moimoi, Paulo and Roberts look elsewhere.

I didn't think Sandow and Kelly played to badly. They just need a forward pack to dominate the ruck to be most successful.

Of those that didn't play. Ryan, Nathan Smith, Lasalo, Penese would all be gone obviously. They don't factor enough in first grade. Ryan and Smottj might be worth keeping on Wenty contracts.

Edwards and O'Hanlon deserve a shot at first grade at least to see what they can do and they are bigger bodies than Paulo and Maitua.

Someone

Bench
On terms of size, I will argue all along, we lack big time.

Mannah bends the line. Moimoi is not the player he was. Lussick and Allgood dragged us back in to the game.

Paulo is too small. Ben Smith struggles to train and that is obvious in how he plays.

Maitua can be very good but can go missing.

Keating is our best defender. His service does leave something to be desired but what he does defensively was highlighted tonight.

Our back line is capable when the forwards go forward and dominate the ruck.

Toutai and Sio had decent games. Morgan played very well. Loko is not a centre.

Hayne did very well until he didn't contest the ball. That was the biggest blunder in the game.

Tanginoa impresses me each week.

Of those that played tonight I would be allowing Smith, Moimoi, Paulo and Roberts look elsewhere.

I didn't think Sandow and Kelly played to badly. They just need a forward pack to dominate the ruck to be most successful.

Of those that didn't play. Ryan, Nathan Smith, Lasalo, Penese would all be gone obviously. They don't factor enough in first grade. Ryan and Smottj might be worth keeping on Wenty contracts.

Edwards and O'Hanlon deserve a shot at first grade at least to see what they can do and they are bigger bodies than Paulo and Maitua.

agree wholeheartedly.

I thought both Sandow and Kelly played well, Kelly with the bomb for Hayne, Sandow with his pass to Morgan and Tanginoa (despite being disallowed). They were ineffective in the last 20 like most halves would have been on the back of a monstrous penalty count and no possession. Plus sandow was targetted in defence.

However the kicking game tonight left alot to be desired and sandows kick out on the full proved costly.

At least we get a weeks break and then the panthers away and cowboys at home, both winnable imo.

Eels Dude

Coach

Agreed. It wasnt necessary and we had a roll on with the forwards that set. Just hang on till the 5th and kick it deep then smash them inside their own 20.

Latest posts